Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 TYCO pre-production SD-24 Southern Pacific
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO pre-production Bessemer gondola Topic Next Topic: Tyco Alco C-630 Illinois Central Gulf Prototype  

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - December 06 2007 :  11:16:01 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
The TYCO designers worked on ideas based on actual trains or letters by enthusiasts or marketing suggestions (more gimmicky stuff). Some of the pre-production stuff is crude and some is expertly crafted and finished. The crude ones are a first attempt at a desired result. Those are then reviewed and then carried forward or disregarded due to management decisions. They get refined as the development process continues. All these things are TYCO archives artifacts and the fine detailed and production ready products were on the cusp of being released. Why some were not produced remains a mystery. This SD-24 is a production ready piece and in my opinion, should have been made. I am no expert, WAS THIS MADE BY TYCO??? -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - December 06 2007 :  1:18:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Bob, if you mean was the shell/model SD24 offered by TYCO...Yes it was in the company's line for many years beginning in the late '70s.

TYCO did NOT however produce this cool Southern Pacific "Black Widow" painted SD24.

Another awesome peak at what may have been! Thanks a million Bob!

A new section of the TYCO Resource is currently in the works with Bob's collection and more that will focus upon Prototypes!

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - December 06 2007 :  1:22:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
Yes Tony, I actually mant this piece. Thanks to this great site I am aware of the SD-24 shell style by TYCO. This shell also says TYCO inside. Looking forward to the prototype addition to the resource list.... -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - December 06 2007 :  4:16:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
I really like the Black widow SD24. I might have to find another shell and paint one.
Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 19 2011 :  7:47:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Tyco Should Have Made Some Of These, They Would have Sold Well!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: TYCO pre-production Bessemer gondola Topic Next Topic: Tyco Alco C-630 Illinois Central Gulf Prototype  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000