Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 TYCO pre-production SF Shark
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Prototype Rock Island Sharknose Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production Silver Streak Shark  

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - November 09 2007 :  11:17:12 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
This one is painted but does look like the 1982 catalog version. -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - November 09 2007 :  1:16:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Are the yellow and black stripes, stickers? Hard to tell but it looks like they could be - I can't imagine hand-painting those! The decal on the nose looks a little better contoured/applied to fit the details, than the one on my example.

Horns are also painted yellow, which is funny... mine is molded yellow.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - November 09 2007 :  1:40:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
Hi Tony,
The stripes are stickers and painted in the radii. Note the placement of SANTA FE. slightly off to yours. I need to take the photos matching the catalog view to see if they do in fact match.
-Bob

Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - November 09 2007 :  2:22:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Yeah. I also noticed that the curvature of the warbonnet itself is a little different - there is a sharp point in the red on the production, whereas the painted one looks more rounded.

Lettering placement can vary in production (look at boxcars for example, and also my NP shark vs. Tony C.'s on the resource site) so that's not always a good indicator. In this case I'd say the warbonnet variation is key. Of course the sticker-stripes are a giveaway too.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 30 2022 :  3:34:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"This one is painted but does look like the 1982 catalog version."

Originally posted by TYCOTOWN Trains on November 09 2007.
Gorgeous look.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Prototype Rock Island Sharknose Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production Silver Streak Shark  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000