Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 TYCO prototype GM+O Diesel
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Employee Interview posted Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production GG1 brunswick green  

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - November 04 2007 :  8:54:37 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
Here is the engine that Tony Cook was looking for. This is the catalog prototype as far as I can tell. This engine is hand painted and stenciled or taped to do the lettering. If you look for an imperfection, TYCO had many, in the catalog photo, I can look and see if I have the piece and see if the flaw is in it for documented accuracy. I have about 200 prototype pieces in the collection. I would also assume that TYCO R+D guys made more than one prototype. Marketing samples, catalog shoots, NY and Chicago Toy Fair, etc. What do you guys think? -Bob

Bob the Slot Car Guy
Edited by - TYCO-TOWN Trains on November 04 2007 8:56:05 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - November 04 2007 :  9:59:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
very interesting. You can see the red bleed in the masked area for the long hood stripe. And the stripes on the short hood are indeed pinstripes...

Can you get a close-up of the GM&O lettering itself? Come to think of it... that lettering is VERY similar in size AND style to a "custom" Rock Island E7 I have...!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 28 2009 :  8:49:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
put on black handrails THEN its much cooler love the loco too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - August 20 2009 :  9:23:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
This would be another subject for cloning since it is a rare find or auction win.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - August 21 2009 :  09:07:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
Cloning? Do you mean just custom painting one up yourself? It sure would be cheaper too for what these go for.
A lone amature built the ark! A large group of professionals built the titanic!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 29 2009 :  6:25:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Sorry I didn't read your post Alex. Yes I thought If all else fails I'd paint one up.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 17 2020 :  10:42:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:

Here is the engine that Tony Cook was looking for. This is the catalog prototype as far as I can tell. This engine is hand painted and stenciled or taped to do the lettering. If you look for an imperfection, TYCO had many, in the catalog photo, I can look and see if I have the piece and see if the flaw is in it for documented accuracy. I have about 200 prototype pieces in the collection. I would also assume that TYCO R+D guys made more than one prototype. Marketing samples, catalog shoots, NY and Chicago Toy Fair, etc. What do you guys think? -Bob

Originally posted by TYCO-TOWN Trains - November 04 2007 :  8:54:37 PM

Looks great.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 18 2020 :  12:07:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Eye candy.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Employee Interview posted Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production GG1 brunswick green  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000