Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 Loco of the Week 06-04-2023 to 06-10-2023
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW July 9 - 15, 2023 Topic Next Topic: Loco of the Week5-28-23 to 6-3-23  

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - June 03 2023 :  10:57:39 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
I have in the past mentioned that Tyco had produced two different versions of their F units in C&O paint. One version was based on the C&O passenger colours as used on the E7s and E8s. The other version reversed the blue and silver colours. Both are attractive paint schemes. Judge for yourself.

Here is the A-B-A set I have acquired. I have A units in both versions, and a B unit in the passenger colours.

This is the C&O F7 in passenger colours. This paint scheme was actually worn by their E units but I don't believe the F7s ever got painted this way. Nevertheless, it looks sharp.

Here is the matching B unit.

Here is the F7a with the reversed colours. I have never come across a photo of a C&O locomotive painted this way, but I think I actully prefer this to the other scheme. I don't have a B unit in this paint yet, but I am looking for one.

WHat's next? All 3 of these units are dummies, and the first two came without their fuel tanks and weights. I am seriously considering modifying them to fit on an Athearn of Bachmann F7 chassis, and making a powered set that would be right at home pulling my mountain grades. Either chassis can be found for reasonable cost at train shows.If I go this route, I will probably have about $200 or so invested in them but will have 3 good running DCC equipped locos.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator 

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - June 03 2023 :  11:59:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
That would be a nice looking set. The Bachmann FT is the same drive as the F7 and the parts are interchange.
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW July 9 - 15, 2023 Topic Next Topic: Loco of the Week5-28-23 to 6-3-23  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000