Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Events
 Allentown Train Meet November 12,13 2022
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: El Paso Model Train Association Post Covid Show Topic Next Topic: Wayne Train Show  

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - November 12 2022 :  7:01:05 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
I went to that show today. It was packed and there were some interesting pieces for sale. There is one bad note that I found out. The next show in Feb 2023, it will cost $15 to get in for 1 day. Dealer tables will go up from $75 to $90. This was the last time I will go to that show unless I can get a free ticket. Higher dealer prices means the trains will cost more and there will be less dealers.
I did manage to find a couple of beat up Athearn Boom cars for parts that I have looking for, 2 new Bachmann Amtrak Phase III Metroliner coaches for $5 each and a new Walthers CSX MoW #2 Orange Color cars set. Prices were somewhat higher and some dealers were willing to take reasonable offers.....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator 

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - November 12 2022 :  10:51:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Ouch. Let's hope the increase in entry/table prices doesn't spread to other shows. Out of curiosity, what was the old entry fee?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - November 13 2022 :  10:45:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
$10... was the price today. The Greenberg shows are up to $11 in NJ. Neither one I am going back to....
There are small train shows near the Allentown, Pa area where the same dealers go to.

Edited by - AF Kid on November 13 2022 10:46:26 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 13 2022 :  2:18:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
its still $10 where I going next Sat after this Sat
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - November 13 2022 :  7:04:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
AF Kid- Check out the schedule for Renninger's Antiques in Kutztown PA. They started having outdoor train sales under their 2 large pavilions back a few years ago. Really good deals by the traveling vendors who go show to show, but lots of people cleaning out a parent's collection, too. No admission charge!

Normally I would have been to the ATMA in Allentown, but between a few LHS's that have tons of used merch and the occasional small show here and there, I can no longer justify running an hour or more to that show.

But I was a regular there for about 6 years at the Spring Thaw and First Frost- it is a great show.

Edited by - el rojo grande on November 13 2022 7:08:17 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 14 2022 :  08:58:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I was there also. It is a big place and a hard place to meetup. I meet my son there. He was at his clubs, Anthracite Railroads table in the big room. Your pridection about the show may come true. It is bad enough we have to drive so far to get there. I did find a few dealer selling vintage HO at realistic prices. I found a Bowser bronze mountain and a Sakura B&O dockside 0-4-0T. Also a nice Hobbyline C&O H12-44 and a HObbyline scratched up twin set of FA-1's in Western Pacific. Still I liked roaming around in the two Halls. I never found a Sakura dockside before. Always had high prices of over $100. When I saw it at $30. I got it. It is a strange diecast piece. Not in it's great detaling but you know the way every manufacture almost always puts their letter in the name plate. That was the first thing I looked at and where you would see a V, R, RR, P or other letters there is a F. Seeing that and the made in Japan bottom plate I knew this was a special piece. With the importer being PFM Pacific Fast Mail maybe the F was for fast. I dont know.
Sorry I missed you!
frank
bowser Mountain

Sakura dockside

HObbyline h12-44 C&O

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - November 14 2022 :  09:22:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Sorry I missed you too Frank... I was looking for you as there was a dealer in the new side along the left wall towards the back that had a ton of those older boxed engines you like. I almost got a Rivarossi Mallet for $120. I didn't buy it as I have to get new tires on my SUV this week. There was a box of 5 Rivarossi Cab Forwards all with some issues and 3 tenders- 2 of those were ok. The guy wanted $270 for all. Every one was "Weathered" poorly. I passed on them.
I did manage to find the few junker MoW cars to finish my MoW cars project....

Edited by - AF Kid on November 14 2022 09:23:28 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - November 14 2022 :  10:57:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
Frank, that Dockside is nice. When the Rivarrosi Dockside has valve gear, it's really not to scale. The parts are too big and clunky. This engine has them pretty well proportioned. It also has a separate air compressor instead of one molded in low relief. The steam dome has the pop valves and whistle, details that are missing on most other brands of Dockside.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - November 15 2022 :  4:57:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
Hmmmm. WOnder what that docksider would do on my steep grades.......

Usually, steam does not pull well on my layout, especially smaller steam, But a diecast docksider? Hmmmmmm.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - November 15 2022 :  9:45:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
quote:
Hmmmm. WOnder what that docksider would do on my steep grades.......

Usually, steam does not pull well on my layout, especially smaller steam, But a diecast docksider? Hmmmmmm.

Originally posted by jward - November 15 2022 :  4:57:06 PM

Check out Tyco Docksiders..... They are die cast and heavier...
  Previous Topic: El Paso Model Train Association Post Covid Show Topic Next Topic: Wayne Train Show  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000