Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AOTW July 24, 2022 - July 29,2022
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW July 31 to August 6 2022 Topic Next Topic: AOTW: July 17th - July 23rd  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - July 24 2022 :  10:40:23 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
My AOTW will be a triple header of new machinery for the City of Ephrata Valley Public Works. The garbage truck is a Magnuson Models kit, the road roller and street sweeper are my own kitbashed designs.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on July 24 2022 10:41:15 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 25 2022 :  12:15:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

I always get a kick from A-A-Ron's creations. A DPW truck hauls away a Burma Shave sign.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 25 2022 :  10:16:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Ephrata Valley "EV" signs and tower name signs - which I created in Google Drawings, printed, overlaid with clear tape, cut, and glued.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 27 2022 :  12:37:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Its own universe. Nicely progressing!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - July 27 2022 :  11:19:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist

This is an old school spiking tool for handlaid track. It was made by Model Engineering Works, probably in the 1950s. The company is probably better known as an importer of brass locomotives, and for its reproduction of tinplate rolling stock and parts. I haven't used this yet, but if it helps make tracklaying easier, and cut down on the number of spikes I bend in the process it will be worth the modest cost.

[url=https://imgur.com/WWQAIoU] [/url]

The tool consists of two pieces: a bottom plate that holds the spikes in place, and a handle that drives them into the ties.

The bottom plate has protrusions that fit over the rails, and two holes on either side of each rail that hold the spikes in position.

Here is the plate in position on the rails, and the handle inserted. The handle has a small metal pin for each spike hole on the plate, and once the spikes are loaded into the plate, pushing down on the handle drives them into the ties, The plate provides some support during this process. It looks th me like a vast improvement over the method I've previously used, driving each spike in by hand using a set of needle nose pliers. That method is time consuming and tedious, and I can only lay about 3 feet of track a day using that process.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - July 29 2022 :  12:16:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
How can you be sure the spike heads are facing the right direction?
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - July 29 2022 :  2:55:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
quote:
How can you be sure the spike heads are facing the right direction?

Originally posted by gmoney - July 29 2022 :  12:16:43 PM

You insert them into the plate with the spike heads facing the rail.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AOTW July 31 to August 6 2022 Topic Next Topic: AOTW: July 17th - July 23rd  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000