Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 NYC Transit Modeling
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: CPL''s new YT channel Topic Next Topic: Collecting of Vintage Model Trains.  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 10 2022 :  8:40:47 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
WKS has given us a lot of NYC rail transit perspectives over the years, he has never mentioned this guy,
to my recollection. His modeling in this area appears to be on the level of monumental. He has posted
that he is having some health troubles, and for those of us who are intrigued by NYC transit, this guy
has done some amazing stuff.

https://www.modeltrainforum.com/threads/1-4-o-scale-scale-modeling-of-new-york-city-transit.195733/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 13 2022 :  8:47:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice article and photos. Thanks for letting us know of his talents Jeff.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 13 2022 :  10:01:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
This guy's work is fantastic!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - June 14 2022 :  9:58:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
I used to work for NYC Transit back in 2004-2007 in the Electrical Engineering Dept. I got to watch them blast/build the South Ferry Station. When that station was completed Hurricane Sandy destroyed the signaling system as the tunnel were flooded due to the 13' storm surge...
The Estimating Dept had to go into the tunnels the day after 9/11 to estimate on what it would take to repair the damage. Some of the steel beams from the Towers went 30 some feet into the ground, pierced the tunnels,then sliced the subway tracks into pieces.....

A few days before I left there, I tracked down the mgr responsible for the subway station maps and I got a couple for a future train room..... They are about 2'x4'....

That is an awesome layout....

Edited by - AF Kid on June 14 2022 9:59:40 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: CPL''s new YT channel Topic Next Topic: Collecting of Vintage Model Trains.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000