Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Kirbi station repair of very old station
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic:  Topic Next Topic: Unboxing CUSTOM Ephrata Valley stuff  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 13 2022 :  09:27:55 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Kirbi station repair of very old station. It is too nice to allow to go away. I never seen this station before and do want it to outlast me. It is built in a way that the old Aristocraft stations were made, except a little more modern. It is made of the same brittle plastic that doesn't age well. Possibly a late 1950's and 1960's style station. I still may make replacements roofs If I can do it. Us old guys have become clumsy and that could spell the end to the roof resurfacing. I'll try.
If anyone recognizes this station as to the station name, or Kirbi stock number. Please post here. I'll post 4 good photos and you'll see why I dont want to let it fall apart.
First photo Street side to the right end.

The center tower roof was all broken up and I replaced it. I do think it is a nicely styled station and worth the work.
Second photo is street side left end.

Third photo Platform side right.

Forth photo platform side left.

If you notice the base of the station is bowed. I may try to straighten this out.
Next post will be of it done.
Hope you like it.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on May 13 2022 09:32:38 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - May 13 2022 :  2:08:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Frank,
That station would look great on any layout, so I'm glad you were able to build a replacement roof. Hope the elimination of the bowed platform works. Look forward to additional photos.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 14 2022 :  10:20:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Kirbi model #9514
KIRBI TRAIN STATION WEST GERMANY "HO" SCALE BAHNHOF
this is what Google came up with
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/kirbi-train-station-west-germany-ho-153710150
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - May 26 2022 :  12:00:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Really nice lines on this station! I've been looking to buy or build a station for my layout. The dimensions on this are wrong, but I may have to steal some architectural details for my own.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 26 2022 :  10:28:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here it is with the roof repaired. The wraparound porch is gone. Don't know what to do about that. You can see what is left of the porch that started above the double doors and went to the right. Made the turn and went just past the double doors to access the porch and ended just short of the corner.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 26 2022 :  2:44:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
I always thought it was Kibri, not Kirbi.
Anyway, it's a lovely station!

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 26 2022 :  9:22:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That is a cool station
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic:  Topic Next Topic: Unboxing CUSTOM Ephrata Valley stuff  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000