Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 32 ]  [ Total: 32 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Anderson Lines: History and Updates
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Series: How to build a terrible steam engine kit! Topic Next Topic: Series: How to build an intermediate steam kit  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 24 2022 :  3:37:01 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
HISTORY
Anderson Lines started out as an idea I had for using a Tyco C430 I had laying around as a spare, sometime in early 2021. I based my paint scheme off of the Illinois Central. This new Line started out as Anderson Lines System, reporting mark ALSX, and an Alco C430 was the first unit to wear this scheme.

I aimed my focus towards making a railroad repair shop, much like Independent Locomotive Services of Holt, MN. To do so, I purchased an HO locomotive shop, and built and detailed it to my liking. I also started building a few work cars, consisting of two flatbed cars and a caboose.

Next up a second diesel was added, a chop nose SD24, #5628.

Soon after a Crane and a third diesel in the form of an Alco RS3 was added to the Railroad's Fleet.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: March 08 2024 Alert Moderator 

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 24 2022 :  3:47:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Before long, some MoW trucks were added, and Anderson Lines System, and Anderson Lines Shop were fully up and running.

Freight operations began over a shortline transfer railroad connected to the ALSX shops. In addition, ALSX began taking rebuilding and repainting contracts from the Ephrata Valley Railroad, commencing to paint locomotives and freight cars for the railroad.

In addition Anderson Lines began customizing MoW Equipment for railroads as well.

A few months in, a real defining event in Anderson Lines operation occured. Heavy rains began affecting the areas surrounding the ALSX shop during a heavy July Storm. Locomotive #5628 struck a washout while hauling some locomotive parts and track material to the shop. It was badly derailed, and determined to be a total loss. The smaller of the original flatbed cars, was also destroyed.

With the loss of this engine and an increase in traffic, Anderson Lines was forced to purchase a new engine. C430 #4301 was purchased by the railroad. In addition, the caboose and crane were repainted into the orange scheme as the C430 went through the shop.

Operations began flowing smoothly for the railroad, and a major rise in traffic brought the railroad far into the green.

Edited by - A-A-RON on April 24 2022 3:59:47 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: March 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 24 2022 :  4:24:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
2022 OPERATIONS AND UPDATES

For the first part of 2022 I didn't really do much with ALSX. In the last month however, I redefined my railroad. Anderson Lines Shop purchased a local company, Standart Electric, to form a new conglomerate, which would become Anderson Truck & Electric. ATEX would do repairs, modifications, and repairs on railroad trail and service trucks, perform signal and other electrical repairs for railroads, and also operated a commercial and residential electrician service. The railroad division, Anderson Lines System, would have its name changed to Anderson Lines Services, and just Anderson Lines for the locomotive paint scheme.

With a result of these changes, the locomotives recieved some upgrades to their paint schemes. The biggest change simplified the logo, removing the train from the logo to leave a plain black circle with the letters AL within. The paint was freshened up on all engines, and the front handrails were painted yellow instead of white. The locomotives trucks were repainted silver.

Profits from the newly merged company also would help purchase some new equipment for the railroad, and allowed the railroad to install a new siding to store the crane for wrecking services provided by Anderson Lines Services.

Along with the siding, a new flatbed was added for transporting materials and machines to and from customers.

Finally, an E7 and passenger coach were restored to service and repainted in an appropriate scheme. This setup was used to transport staff to larger jobs, such as wreck sites and major electrical projects.

Moving ahead, I intend to add a boxcar, GP20, and F9 to the roster, ideally obtaining MU-2 models.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: March 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 24 2022 :  11:27:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 25 2022 :  10:58:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Wonderful work.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5774  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - April 27 2022 :  01:45:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
Interesting concept.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 482  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 01 2022 :  10:12:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Well done.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 01 2022 :  10:29:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
I didn't like the passenger train nearly as much, so the passenger coach will ideally be used for an EV Project, thus getting removed off the roster. Eventually I intend to replace the E7 with an F7 and GP20 locomotive, as I have honestly never got that thing quite right.

To replace the passenger coach, I came up with this brand new boxcar.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on May 01 2022 10:31:07 PM

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 04 2022 :  7:45:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
FALL 2022 OPERATIONS AND UPDATES

Wow it's been a hot minute. Recently I finished up a lot of the work for the Ephrata Valley Railroad. With nothing much to do, I put my Idle hands towards working on Anderson Lines.

I adjusted and added some on my roster. ALSX #312 was removed and converted to a HEP coach for the Ephrata Valley. ALSX E7 #301 was put on a lease to Ephrata Valley to repay Horsepower hours.

ALSX had also added several new pieces of equipment, which I will got through now.

Aaron Anderson

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 04 2022 :  8:09:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
The first piece of equipment was added some time back during the summer. A secondhand Santa Fe Boom Car was obtained and redone to go with the ALSX Orton Wreck Crane.

Next up, Anderson Lines purchased a Ford Truck Cab to help haul various trailers to and a from the ALSX and Standart shops.

This is one I'm still not sure is going to stick yet. Here is ALSX #1, a Plymouth Switcher. Something is still not quite right with the paint yet, but I can work that out later on.

Aaron Anderson

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 04 2022 :  8:23:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
In addition, ALSX added another streamlined diesel engine in the Absence of ALSX #301. ALSX #4301 was a former Santa Fe F7, rebuilt and repainted into Anderson Lines Colors, and in my opinion it's one of the nicer diesels to wear this scheme.

Finally a project I recently started on, ALSX work in progress GP20 #3973. This is shaping up to be the pride of my fleet. I added dynamic brakes from a CN GP20 that was removed from my collection some time back. This engine is not yet complete, as I plan to add a rotary beacon. Anderson Lines is going to construct a building for EV shops in trade for the handrails for this engine.
I can't wait to see it finished up.

Aaron Anderson

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 05 2022 :  10:24:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome new additions to your ALSX roster, Aaron. That F7 is well done - the black and white striping on the pilot is mighty fine.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 06 2022 :  03:44:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Anderson Lines Paint Shops helped define Armodilloville. The exceptional artistry of A-A-Ron will be
treasured for my lifetime.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Series: How to build a terrible steam engine kit! Topic Next Topic: Series: How to build an intermediate steam kit  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000