Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AOTW February 13 to 19, 2022
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW February 20 to 26, 2022 Topic Next Topic: AOTW: Feb. 6th - Feb. 12th  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 13 2022 :  11:55:32 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

From the layout of Jimmy James. Had an enjoyable afternoon working on getting the last of the bugs
out of the EZ track (4 more snake heads discovered!). Then retired to watch the SB. Fell asleep late in
the third quarter, and expected to see Bengals had taken it, but surprise!

This mobile hot dog stand is just like the one down the street from Jimmy's place, where we enjoy a
hotdog or two, now and then.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 14 2022 :  09:27:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
My AOTW is this little picnic table. Seeing Chops' roach coach and thinking about what vignettes could be made around one reminded me that I had this. Long ago, I had some thin basswood pieces and put together a picnic table using the same design as a real one. That long ago, Bachmann's Plasticville line included sets of people. I had a standing people set and a sitting people set. The people were flesh-toned and came with a paint set to paint the clothes and hair. A picnic table, some sitting people and some improvised food made a picnic scene. The paper plates were chads from the sprocket holes of continuous forms computer paper.

The ends are framed this way:

The ends are a little crooked, but that's prototypical, at least on the last full-sized picnic table I built. If you're using a carpenter's square to measure, it's best to always use the calibrations on the same side of the ruler. Don't ask me how I know this.

A look at the underside shows the rest of how the pieces of an all wooden picnic table go together:

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 14 2022 :  09:43:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is a treasure. Many happy memories.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AOTW February 20 to 26, 2022 Topic Next Topic: AOTW: Feb. 6th - Feb. 12th  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000