Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Building of the week. (BOTW)
 BOTW July 11 to July 17 2021
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: BOTW July 18 to July 24 2021 Topic Next Topic: 	BOTW June 13th - June 19th, 2021  

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 12 2021 :  12:17:49 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
looks like there hasn't been a BOTW since June

Anyway the Life-Like Belvedere Hotel I got from RP

next up Exxon gas station
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator 

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - July 12 2021 :  1:17:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I like the Belvedere Kit because you could stack as many storeys together as you want. I built the 3 level when i was younger and later made a 6 level mini-tower. Have to find that photo...

So no buildings posted for a while... Here are some of mine:

Faller "mushroom stand"- it's part of a European carnival group of small buildings

I think an AHM rooming house

Standard Electric turned into a sign shop

And another Faller- their modern hotel. I bought two of these because I love the display windows at the bottom of the building.

Here's a city in a cupboard, patiently waiting for the layout to be at a point to build a neighborhood. And there's the 6 story Belvedere

And if you take combine 2 Life-Like elevated passenger platforms and some Atlas bridges you get a really interesting piece

Edited by - el rojo grande on July 12 2021 2:56:18 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - July 12 2021 :  7:37:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Great buildings Dave! I love the little mushroom stand
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 13 2021 :  11:31:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
the railroad house is actually a Railroad hotel & lots made it!
it looks good in any setting from The Old West to now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - July 13 2021 :  12:34:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I agree Buss. Now I just need to get working on a better layout and save some space for a very weird looking main street.

Here are a few more in the old collection

I think this is a Tyco tipple. I have 3 (!) mines I can use it with...

WKS sent these two kits to me. I think he's trying to kill me with salt, MSG and triglycerides!

A Plasticville chapel

If you're patient with a brush you can really make these cheap buildings shine with detail!

Here's an even smaller chapel- possibly a Pola that I have since... a long time ago!

Here's finished view of a second hand resin kit from a flea market

The original build included heavy and thick oil paint and gobs of glue. Some Super Clean, alcohol and tooth brushing brought it around for a rebuild

And I'll stop for now with the Walther's modern engine shop

Wait- two more shots of building junk got at a flea market last fall About an hour away there is a flea market with outside open air pavilions. SO they were permitted to have train shows while the rest of the world languished away. Some great deals all around including a big box of miscellaneous building and pieces waiting for their day of rebirth!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 13 2021 :  2:28:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
As one person, dave, here calls a Chapel, Plasticville calla a Cathedral. I think of it as a affal small church. Never mind a Cathedral.

frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on July 13 2021 2:29:57 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 13 2021 :  4:52:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The El is a remarkable visual impact. I've not seen that
done before. PC Engine Shops- that's a good one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - July 13 2021 :  4:59:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
A Cathedral??? Thanks for that post!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 13 2021 :  8:38:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great buildings and custom work as well, Dave!

Nice BOTW all!

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 13 2021 :  9:52:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Tyco machine shop. Has a light in it plus a welding simulator in it...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 15 2021 :  12:53:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
always did love that Plasticville Church

I got another building in the mail but since its late it'll be for next weeks BOTW
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: BOTW July 18 to July 24 2021 Topic Next Topic: 	BOTW June 13th - June 19th, 2021  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000