Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Railroadiana
 got this today
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Harpers Ferry, WV Topic Next Topic: Trolleys and more trolleys  

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - May 02 2021 :  3:47:43 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Must be from early fifties

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 02 2021 :  5:01:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Fabulous.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 02 2021 :  7:54:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That is cool! Would look great beside a Kelloggs covered hopper.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 05 2021 :  08:42:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Must be from early fifties

Originally posted by thesiding - May 02 2021 :  3:47:43 PM

Strange that Kellogg's did something like this, but very cool! Love that photo of the NYC Hudson on the back cover.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 05 2021 :  7:26:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
I can remember in the 1970s seeing offers on Kellogg's cereal boxes for trains you could get for box tops plus a fairly low price. I don't know why a breakfast cereal company was so deep into trains, but they were.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 05 2021 :  10:22:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I remember buying a Dinky Sabb from a cereal box offer, seems like it was Post cereal. And getting "Go Cars" attatched to the top nof several bars of Zest soap! I have some of the Go cars!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - May 05 2021 :  10:36:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
The Kellogg’s 1975 Bicentennial Tony the Tiger train set is what cemented me into the world of model railroading. An AHM C-424 and about 8 freight cars and a book of card stock buildings to cut out and assemble- man I was in childhood heaven. Somewhere I have a photo from that Christmas morning. I’ll have to post it when I find it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 06 2021 :  12:27:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
The Kellogg’s 1975 Bicentennial Tony the Tiger train set is what cemented me into the world of model railroading. An AHM C-424 and about 8 freight cars and a book of card stock buildings to cut out and assemble- man I was in childhood heaven. Somewhere I have a photo from that Christmas morning. I’ll have to post it when I find it.

Originally posted by el rojo grande - May 05 2021 :  10:36:05 PM

well I do have both those KFF boxcars, the 2 Tyco did & the AHM one
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - July 27 2021 :  1:10:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I got an AHM Kellogg’s set in 1978 for a mail-in coupon, two box tops, and 20 bucks! A Santa Fe GP18, Frosted Flakes boxcar, Eggo reefer, Kellogg’s Center Flow, Norfolk Southern gon, General American tanker, and a Santa Fe end-cupola caboose. Also signs and telephone poles, a 36” x 63” oval of track, and four punch-out card stock buildings like El Rojo Grande mentioned, including a card stock set of Burma Shave signs! I still have everything but the buildings, including the Burma Shave signs, since my 11-year-old self actually wanted to keep them for my future permanent layout (which is, sadly, still in the future). That GP18 was better than every other loco (all Tyco) I had had up to that point. Twice the set for half the price!
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - July 27 2021 :  1:33:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Neat story Gmoney. Actually last year at a flea market there was a seller with the complete in box set of the Kellogg's Bicentennial set. They were asking for $100 but I decided to pass. The box looked a lot smaller than I remembered it in 1975!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 27 2021 :  3:33:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
General Mills had a contest to name characters for cocoa pops (article in CTT mag) Prizes were MANY A Lionel train layout etc Since I can not find out the three kids names and since Sonny The CouKoo Bird is still the mascot he was created shortly after the names must NOT have been that great
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - July 27 2021 :  6:37:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
…The box looked a lot smaller than I remembered it in 1975!

Originally posted by el rojo grande - July 27 2021 :  1:33:09 PM

It always seems to work that way, doesn’t it! Are you regretting not getting the Bicentennial set yet? You know, the time to buy it is when you see it!

Glenn

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - July 27 2021 :  6:39:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
General Mills had a contest to name characters for cocoa pops (article in CTT mag) Prizes were MANY A Lionel train layout etc Since I can not find out the three kids names and since Sonny The CouKoo Bird is still the mascot he was created shortly after the names must NOT have been that great

Originally posted by thesiding - July 27 2021 :  3:33:17 PM

Sonny is the only mascot I’ve ever known.

Glenn

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - January 28 2022 :  12:52:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Any one interested? Be going on e bay soon with other items
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Harpers Ferry, WV Topic Next Topic: Trolleys and more trolleys  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000