Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 5 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Shoe Storage Container Sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Does anyone have these? Topic Next Topic: Trainworld Memorial Day Sale  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 02 2021 :  3:10:47 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
While not exactly rigid, these containers will hold 62 fifty footers or more, and keep them safe from
scratches and dust. I'm going to pick up at least ten of these puppies this coming week, at $8 each
which is the sale price.

They can hung up, or they can be laid flat. I am going to lay mine flat, stack them two to three deep. Two cars,
minimum, per pocket, with the bottoms facing each other to prevent scratching. Now every piece will have protection. I believe it was Blax who noted that the Doodlebug was "dusty as my grandmother!"

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/crystal-clear-26-pocket-over-the-door-vinyl-shoe-bag/1015846879?skuId=15846879&enginename=bing&mcid=PS_bing_brand_brand_Online&product_id=15846879&adtype=&product_channel=Online&adpos=&creative=&device=c&matchtype=e&network=o&gclid=46267dfb607f1883f92d1d7598faeb05&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=46267dfb607f1883f92d1d7598faeb05&wmSkipPwa=1
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 02 2021 :  7:55:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice, Chops. Great storage tip.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 10 2021 :  7:58:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thought this would be quick work, but the stuff just keeps coming and
coming, this after I had previously thinned the herd. Definitely time
to thin the herd some more. I am not interested in have duplicates
of stuff piling up. I used to run long trains, for kicks, at the train
club, to see how much I could pull. Now I'm down to a 4x8, which
provides all the enjoyment I'm looking for, but thirty car trains are
just not happening. I have filled ten of these shoe containers, and
still have a pile of stuff to go. On average, I fit three, sometimes
four units per slot, so I'm over 400 units and got a lot more to go
through.

Uh, embarrassing correction. It turned out the 50% off was a one time
annual thing they do for employees. Sorry, I didn't find out until I went to
get a pile. Using my daughter's discount I saved a bundle, but will have to
go back for some more.

Edited by - Chops124 on May 10 2021 8:00:07 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - May 11 2021 :  2:06:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
So thinning the herd again Chops... So is that train cars or stillettos and mary janes you're offloading??? (those are shoes, for those who may not know)...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 28 2021 :  10:52:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I used to run looooong trains at the Train Club, but since thinning that
herd (what a relief) I don't need or want trains that chase their own
caboose.

I have been very careful to keep at least one of everything, so I got
three Green Giant box cars when Ben the Busss used to aggravate
me with his massive collection.

Also, anything gifted stays with me. I like to preserve the memory.

Unloaded some excess Tyco locomotives, as well. All good runners
with MU 2's, but I don't need two or three of each example.

Of course, what am I doing with this extra cash? BUYING MORE TRAINS,
OF COURSE. But now I am turning my attention back to Britain, and
taking advantage of Hornby's generous shipping offer, and using
Sam's Train Review as my guide.

When Sam says it's good, it;s good, when it's not, he will lambaste
it until the thing starts to melt.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Does anyone have these? Topic Next Topic: Trainworld Memorial Day Sale  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000