Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 For less than huge spaces
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Traction in Action Trainshow Modular exhibit Topic Next Topic: US Layout in Austria  

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 06 2007 :  4:09:47 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey GUys:

Have a look at this site:

http://www.gatewaynmra.org/project.htm

-G
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator 

badun
Switcher

Posted - August 08 2007 :  2:23:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add badun to Buddylist
I like the idea of building on a door. Cheap, light, but sturdy.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 24  ~  Member Since: July 25 2007  ~  Last Visit: September 24 2007 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - August 08 2007 :  9:39:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
They really do have some great small layouts there.

Incidentally, this one:

...Is the same track plan I used on mine:

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 08 2007 :  9:47:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
THE SOO RED WING DIVISION!!!!

-G
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SilverStreak
Switcher

Silver Streak

Posted - August 08 2007 :  11:31:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SilverStreak to Buddylist
quote:
They really do have some great small layouts there.

Incidentally, this one:

...Is the same track plan I used on mine:

Originally posted by GoingInCirclez - August 09 2007 :  02:39:46 AM

What a fantastic layout. Could you please post some more photos of it? I am in the planning stages of building a layout for a friend of mine's little boy who just turned 7 and is infatuated with trains and I was thinking of using the MR SOO Line "Red Wing Division" for a track plan.

Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Training & Consulting
Stockton, California
www.railroadtrainingservices.com
tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14  ~  Member Since: August 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: February 02 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - August 15 2007 :  07:21:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Tony,
Alot of artistry went in to your layout. Got-er-done! What is the black engine on the right? Custom work too?

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - August 15 2007 :  1:04:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Silverstreak,

Thanks for the compliments. I have photos that used the layout as a backdrop sprinkled throughout here, but have never thought to do a photo gallery of the layout itself. I'm not even sure that would go here in the forum? If others are interested I might put something together in its own topic; round up the other pics I've taken over the years.

It was a lot of fun to build and I learned quite a bit. My only complaint is that it's a little too "flat" but then I liked the yard feature so it's a tradeoff. I did modify it from MR's design, slightly. Not the tracks but the scenery layout...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - August 22 2007 :  10:11:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Whoa... sorry Alco Fan... I just now remembered you asked what that black engine was. My mind, it's in one of these things somewhere.

That one there, I have dubbed "Godzilla". It's an old Athearn EMD DD35X (or something like that, I'm not even sure it existed but was supposedly a precursor to the famous DD40X). I found it at the haunt for $25 this past January.

So why Godzilla? Well, it's factory decorated for Pennsy (meaning, molded black plastic with a couple tiny keystones on the side). It's DUAL MOTORED so it wieghs a ton and pulls like a brute! And since it's a classic Athearn with metal trucks and dirty sintered wheels, it's loud and shoots sparks!! [:o] [Yeah!]

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 22 2007 :  10:30:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Great photo's Mr. Leibowitz! [:0)] [:0)] [:0)]

-G
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - August 24 2007 :  8:53:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Godzilla sounds like old school Athearn, I like that! Does it negotiate your track radius?[;)] [Yes!]
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 15 2022 :  12:57:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Website is still available.

https://www.gatewaynmra.org/gateway-nmra-project-model-railroads/

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Longvallon RR
Switcher

Posted - July 15 2022 :  08:36:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Longvallon RR to Buddylist
Awesome layout. I found the track plan:

Country: France  ~  Posts: 32  ~  Member Since: July 11 2022  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 15 2022 :  11:04:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Back into the vintage archives for Layout inspiration from 1952.

Love to hear any comments or feedback.

Best,
Gareth

Originally posted by romcat on January 2 2009 in another layouts thread.

Nice track plan.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Traction in Action Trainshow Modular exhibit Topic Next Topic: US Layout in Austria  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000