Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Ebay Item LOST in Shipping/Delivery
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Potential preproductions Topic Next Topic: Let it snow, let it snow  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 22 2021 :  12:21:45 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
For the first time after many Ebay auctions bought I recently lost an item. Really glad it was a pair of $15 brake pads for my Trailblazer. UPS got them to town and showed that they had delivered them! But where they delivered them is unknown. I filed the loss with UPS but they dont seem to have much care behind it. THIS always scares me when I win and ultra rare auction like the Krispy Kreme boxcar I got a while back! UPS did years ago destroy a large birdcage that appeared that a train had hit it. They reloaded it and brought us a new one. Glad my loss was very minor.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 22 2021 :  08:09:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Well, at least your loss didn't involve any trains.

For me personally, I've had many trains come in broken from the USPS, whether that be a stepladder, coupler, or much worse. Usually a combination of poor seller packaging and poor care/handling by the USPS.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Dr. John
Switcher

GMOAvatar

Posted - March 22 2021 :  7:24:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Dr. John to Buddylist
Sorry for your trouble with UPS. I've had more problems with FedEx than either UPS or USPS - deliveries to the wrong address (twice) and packages that look like they were either run over or dropped from a three-story building.

I have to give kudos to Ebay. Just last month, I reported a seller that claimed to have shipped an item whici I never received (after six weeks). The seller never replied to any of my messages. Anyway, I reported the problem to Ebay. Within a week, I received a full refund.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 37  ~  Member Since: January 02 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 22 2021 :  7:42:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I almost only ship insured on USPS. I've had packages rec'd and sent
with tread marks, ripped open, flattened, lost, destroyed, and delayed
beyond reason.

A little while I ago I sent off some British OO restoration projects to
some guy in Peru. He told me he wanted it packed like thus and such
and sent by regular mail service. I told him my troubles with USPS,
and was he sure, oh yes he was.

Mad as a hop, 3 weeks later, he hectored me with endless emails
as to the condition it arrived. After a while, I finally told him to
write a strongly worded letter of complaint to the Peruvian postal
service.

Edited by - Chops124 on March 22 2021 7:43:08 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 22 2021 :  10:36:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I've been lucky on receiving and getting my stuff in nice condition.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 23 2021 :  12:19:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
You were born under a lucky star. Don't worry, your turn will come.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 23 2021 :  12:31:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
You were born under a lucky star. Don't worry, your turn will come.

Originally posted by Chops124 - March 23 2021 :  12:19:06 AM

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - March 24 2021 :  12:46:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Don't use Fedex Smart Post... I have a package that took 32 days to get to me. That was only after I filed a complaint with the Fedex CEO.....

FYI- UPS doesn't want to pay insurance claims. The always turn down claims using "It wasn't packed well" as an excuse.....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 24 2021 :  1:55:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I've been lucky on receiving and getting my stuff in nice condition.

Originally posted by walt - March 22 2021 :  10:36:18 PM

hey me too
ATM a shipping delay is happening for a railroad thing I wanted
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Potential preproductions Topic Next Topic: Let it snow, let it snow  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000