Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW March 14 to 20, 2021
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW Feb 7 to Feb 13 2021 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Nov 29 to Dec 5  2020  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 14 2021 :  04:03:57 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
My rendition of one of the Lincoln Funeral Train locomotives. A Bachmann piece.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 14 2021 :  07:08:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice Chops! Y'know, someone on this forum might be willing to take the time to custom-paint and detail that locomotive, to look more accurate....

My LOTW is this LifeLike Southern Pacific "Black Widow" F7. I believe this is an uncommon scheme for LL F7's, and this one runs as good as it looks. $14 Ebay score.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - March 14 2021 :  9:03:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
My LOTW will be my new Yellowbonnet Tyco Santa Fe C430. I got this a few days back, but wasn't really able to look at until today due to unforeseen circumstances.

I added the handrails to it, and replace a busted coupler mount, but otherwise this is gonna be a non-runner. Reason being, is I'm kind convinced this isn't something from a production run.

I've seen many, many powertorque motors. This motor has a plate made of like nylon, that I have not seen in any PT motor. This may be one of the first C430s to receive this scheme, likely in some sort of design lab. Especially considering how WHAM-O-DYNED this number got.

Considering that to make this from the Silver Red version, it only involves a color change and a different sticker. Therefore, I doubt there was any real prepod for this scheme. The catalog unit has a the properly placed number. I have no idea what this really is, but I'd like to say it's really early on in the grand scheme of this Tyco Model.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on March 14 2021 9:04:47 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 15 2021 :  01:25:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A great addition to the ATSF fleet. I've seen some of those plastic
plates with PT's. Not sure if I've seen that color scheme before on
that type of hood unit, it looks pretty darn nice.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 15 2021 :  8:48:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I've seen that "whitish" looking back piece on Tyco PowerTorques before....it isn't something special, to my knowledge. Just a different material that was used along the way.

Similarly, I have a few Tyco powertorque locomotives with "gold" or brass colored pinion gears, which I believe indicates that they are first generation powertorques, though I'm not entirely certain.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - March 16 2021 :  4:09:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
My rendition of one of the Lincoln Funeral Train locomotives. A Bachmann piece.
Originally posted by Chops124 - March 14 2021 :  04:03:57 AM

Your use of a Jupiter to pull the Lincoln funeral train reminds me of Kloke Locomotive Works.

Kloke Locomotive Works used to be about a dozen miles from my home, and made two locomotives: Leviathan and York using borrowed tooling and engineering from the National Park Service's replica of Jupiter. He also made a full-size replica of the Lincoln funeral car which went on tour, sometimes with Leviathan. In short, something resembling Jupiter used to make appearances with the Lincoln funeral car.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 17 2021 :  12:44:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

The York. I didn't know anything about those replicas. Very exciting. As we know, this technology of the
Iron Horse was breathtaking to the people who first saw them. Abraham Lincoln, a successful Railroad
Attorney before he ran for office, was, and remained a "frequent flyer" of the rails, who traveled unknown
thousands of miles behind coal and wood burners.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 17 2021 :  01:43:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
does the Kloke Loco Works still exist?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - March 20 2021 :  11:03:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - March 17 2021 :  01:43:41 AM

Last I heard, no. I've also heard that Dave Kloke likes to keep busy, so who knows? He might be up to something.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 21 2021 :  01:46:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - March 17 2021 :  01:43:41 AM

Last I heard, no. I've also heard that Dave Kloke likes to keep busy, so who knows? He might be up to something.

Originally posted by scsshaggy - March 20 2021 :  11:03:20 PM

thats sa real shame
course I'd of asked for a 3 foot 4-4-0 from him hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW Feb 7 to Feb 13 2021 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Nov 29 to Dec 5  2020  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000