Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW Decemeber 27, 2020 - January 2, 2020
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW: Jan. 3rd - Jan 9th Topic Next Topic: LOTW: Dec. 20th - Dec. 26th  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - December 27 2020 :  2:42:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
My LOTW will be a double-dipper. My first unit will be my Tyco Union Pacific F-9 as it idles in a Union Pacific locomotive yard with a GP20. In the background Big Boy 4012 and an SD24 sit parked and ready for service.

My second LOTW will be my Tyco Rivarossi Drive C630, Mint in Package. I don't intend to take it out of the package, as I can't imagine there are too overly many of these left sealed in package.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on December 27 2020 3:05:47 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 27 2020 :  2:51:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ooooh, ah, now that C630, I've read about that Rivarossi drive, maybe
here. That is a splendid piece. Not even a teeny weeny test run?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - December 27 2020 :  3:12:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
I don't think so Chops. It still has the original plastic on it. It's just too perfect to ruin.
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 27 2020 :  3:50:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Darn that 630 is a beaut
You should find one you can actually run though, as those rivarossi drives will last 5x longer than the powertorques!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - December 27 2020 :  6:48:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 27 2020 :  9:35:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Darn that 630 is a beaut
You should find one you can actually run though, as those rivarossi drives will last 5x longer than the powertorques!

Originally posted by RealBnsfIA-December 27 2020: 3:50:56 PM

Agreed, and I can't wait to find out, because shortly after Aaron found his on Ebay, another ICG C630 was listed, with box, and I snagged it. I'm eagerly waiting for it to arrive in the mail......

My LOTW offering is this nice Tyco Golden Eagle C630. This fine addition to my collection, along with the Golden Eagle caboose, was due to a recent trade deal with Aaron. So happy to finally have one of these.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - December 27 2020 :  10:06:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
You got that from the same seller as mine. Based on the fact that I'm going more for a display, I intend to keep mine intact for now. The seller seemed to have bought out a Sears or something, as they had another one yet.

The golden eagle looks to be in a much better home now, as it wasn't getting the run time it deserves. I hope the gleaming old unit runs just as good for you as it did for me.

Last I checked my Northern and U boat were still in like Indianspolis, but that was a day or two ago. At Christmas this year the postal system burst into flames more or less. Up here it seems the USPS has been playing 'Gee, how many days does it take a package to go from Minneapolis to St. Paul.' I swear I had one that spent like three or for days in the twin cities.

I got a cabooses line up for the both of them though, so I'm excited.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on December 27 2020 10:20:26 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 27 2020 :  10:24:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Yep the postal service is a mess. I've had several packages arrive over a month late this year All sorts of crazy stuff going on
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 27 2020 :  11:51:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Precision Engineered Model Company, PEMCO, a group made up of disaffected Tyco model
makers. This has a PT motor, but after many hours of heavy use, it is holding up perfectly.
I have no past affiliation with the L&N, but greatly value this model.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 28 2020 :  12:18:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I found ME tonite

Bachmann's Ben from Thomas & Friends

You'd think I'd buy Duck 1st cause I had him in Matchbox form but nope I chose Ben hehe
Duck I will get later
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 28 2020 :  08:27:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
You got that from the same seller as mine. Based on the fact that I'm going more for a display, I intend to keep mine intact for now. The seller seemed to have bought out a Sears or something, as they had another one yet.

The golden eagle looks to be in a much better home now, as it wasn't getting the run time it deserves. I hope the gleaming old unit runs just as good for you as it did for me.

Last I checked my Northern and U boat were still in like Indianspolis, but that was a day or two ago. At Christmas this year the postal system burst into flames more or less. Up here it seems the USPS has been playing 'Gee, how many days does it take a package to go from Minneapolis to St. Paul.' I swear I had one that spent like three or for days in the twin cities.

Originally posted by A-A-RON-December 27 2020: 10:06:04 PM

Yep, the Golden Eagle C630 runs great - it will be in a video soon.

Yeah, I still am waiting for packages to arrive from at least a week or 2 ago, that were sent Priority Mail. :( I'm also still waiting for some N-Scale German train cars, from Germany, that were shipped out in October.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Edited by - RP model railroads on December 28 2020 08:28:01 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 28 2020 :  10:11:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by A-A-RON-December 27 2020: 10:06:04 PM

Yep, the Golden Eagle C630 runs great - it will be in a video soon.

Yeah, I still am waiting for packages to arrive from at least a week or 2 ago, that were sent Priority Mail. :( I'm also still waiting for some N-Scale German train cars, from Germany, that were shipped out in October.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - December 28 2020 :  08:27:15 AM

Hope you're prepared to wait for those German cars! I had to special order a part for my Mercedes car project from Germany and it took 8 WEEKS to arrive!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 28 2020 :  9:36:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
double dipping cause I found that elusive Tyco CN loco in a box

it just needs handrails & motor cleaning probably

Edited by - microbusss on December 28 2020 9:37:35 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 29 2020 :  03:18:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Oooolala, loving it Busss!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 30 2020 :  10:51:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My loco of the week is ------------------ Ta ta.
opps I slipped.

TA-TA tat Ta Ta---------------- The Budwieser Ten-Wheeler by TYCO
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 30 2020 :  11:42:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
My loco of the week is ------------------ Ta ta.
opps I slipped.

TA-TA tat Ta Ta---------------- The Budwieser Ten-Wheeler by TYCO
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - December 30 2020 :  10:51:10 AM

got any of the passenger cars for this?

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 30 2020 :  9:09:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I never knew. Extraordinary!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 30 2020 :  9:27:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
There's a rare one!

Previous Topic: LOTW: Jan. 3rd - Jan 9th Topic Next Topic: LOTW: Dec. 20th - Dec. 26th  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000