Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Layout begins (sort of)
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Train vids from the El Paso Model Train Club Topic Next Topic: n gauge
Page: of 2

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 14 2021 :  09:06:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yep, dirty track, dirty wheels, and/or bad connectors. Easy fix. Mix all that with DCC and you'll really
start losing your mind. Wahl's: works like a treat for me.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 17 2021 :  5:50:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
heh need to update pic since I now have moar on it & less when I piled stuff on the board
Also gonna use sawhorses as-is as its too much work to remove the old paint
getting a couple moar accessories too
1 isn't the Heljan lighthouse but it'll work as its OOLLDDD & needs a bright blinking LED in it hehe
Also I keep forgetting to as a friend for wires as I need some

Plus I need that Atlas track or 3 that activates crossing signals too

Edited by - microbusss on April 17 2021 5:50:47 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 17 2021 :  9:43:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I figured those saw horses was going to be fun to work with. They make some aircraft paint stripper that would remove all the paint from them quickly, but it's not cheap. A good sandblasting would only take minutes to cut the rust, etc. I wanted my table assembly to be as nice as I could get it for a nice display of my older train items. I'm just that way though...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 21 2021 :  11:28:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
another update! sort of

I got trains to go around but short on L & R switches
the Spectrum Amtrak loco goes around with np
all others stick & stall

yeah I still need to clean off the board
Apologies for the barn LOL
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - April 21 2021 :  12:46:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Post some photos of your track and the connectors between sections of track. That way we can see better what you have got going on there.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 21 2021 :  4:45:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I believe that barn is an old Gay Toys item which I have a couple of pieces from them. (not on my train table) No opoligy needed. Gay people like trains too....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 21 2021 :  4:53:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I believe that barn is an old Gay Toys item which I have a couple of pieces from them. (not on my train table) No apology needed. Gay people like trains too....

Originally posted by walt - April 21 2021 :  4:45:47 PM

well it meant HAPPY then hehe
Heck I've even see the company have a Gay School Bus
but I think they are American Plastics now

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 21 2021 :  5:12:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
The GAY company made some neat toys, a lot of cars. I used to buy them regularly when I was a kid! I have their blue ford Bronco displayed in my basement window.
Edited by - walt on April 21 2021 8:55:32 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 21 2021 :  9:37:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looks like you are going to need more room, busss.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 21 2021 :  9:54:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ben, I know this gotta be the tip of the iceberg that is your collection. What are your thoughts on adding on another
4x8? BTW, the word on the street is that "No Ox" is the
go to rail cleaner.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - April 21 2021 :  10:03:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
BTW, the word on the street is that "No Ox" is the go to rail cleaner.
Originally posted by Chops124 - April 21 2021 :  9:54:47 PM

I can remember a time when I was riding the Cumbres and Toltec and they could have used some "No Angus" on the tracks.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 21 2021 :  11:19:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Ben, I know this gotta be the tip of the iceberg that is your collection. What are your thoughts on adding on another 4x8?
Originally posted by Chops124 - April 21 2021 :  9:54:47 PM

future plans
was gonna do a L shape anyway later on
but my scenery skills are a big fat ZERO

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 22 2021 :  01:34:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist

Originally posted by microbusss - April 21 2021 :  4:53:54 PM

[/quote]

The school bus by Gay Toys is really a neat piece in my opinion.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 22 2021 :  10:38:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - April 21 2021 :  4:53:54 PM

The school bus by Gay Toys is really a neat piece in my opinion.

Originally posted by walt - April 22 2021 :  01:34:42 AM

I agree just the name is funny is all
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Train vids from the El Paso Model Train Club Topic Next Topic: n gauge  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000