Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Set of the week. (SOTW)
 SOTW Nov 22 to Nov 28 2020.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: SOTW Nov. 29 - Dec. 5, 2020 Topic Next Topic: SOTW: Nov. 15th - Nov. 21st  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 22 2020 :  12:47:08 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My set for this week is the MDC/Roundhouse G&D shorty Overton passenger set.
frank

The Combine;

The Coach;

The Bussiness; Observation car

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 22 2020 :  2:48:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The G&D was like the reinvention of model railroading. From Linn Wescott's electrically advanced
block control, and sawdust scenery, came the G&D with hyper realistic modeling with dramatic scenic
features stretching floor to ceiling. It completely changed the perspective of how modeling could be
done.

Originally named the "Stevens #1," after the company president of 1835, later came to be known as the
"John Bull" after the name of an English Prime Minister. How exactly that came about, who knows. Maybe
a slight resemblance?

And the DeWitt Clinton of 1831, named after New York Governor, DeWitt Clinton.

Whaddya know! Incidentally, Governor Clinton was born and raised decades before steam locomotion was
ever imagined. This was the cutting edge of technology, in the day.

Edited by - Chops124 on November 22 2020 6:55:15 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 22 2020 :  4:39:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
My SOTW offering is this "set" of 3 HO-Scale Lima German DB diesels, 2 of which are in a rare deep blue & cream scheme that according to each box, was never cataloged by Lima. The top loco is a Class 216, and the other 2 are both V200s.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 22 2020 :  6:58:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Unique looking Euros! I like the double ended feature, not need
for a turntable, just go the other way!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - November 22 2020 :  9:12:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
A lot of nice unique sets sets this week . The Gorre and Daphetid set is very striking. I thought the set was
also in yellow for some reason but i may be wrong.

I found a Pillsbury / Green Giant set in a local antique mall last week. Green Giant is a major employer in the
next town over. It's probably not rare but a welcome addition to my collection of advertising cars.

It came with a cool insert showcasing their products IHC . I'm going to have it framed.

Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 22 2020 :  9:35:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice looking set, Bamos.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 22 2020 :  10:20:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Love that IHC model layout

Yeah, the "double-ended" V200 diesel is my favorite German diesel locomotive, and interestingly, the "double-ended" Class 103 electric is my favorite German electric locomotive.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 23 2020 :  08:11:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
AHA! thats where my 2 Green Giant boxcars came from!
I have 2 versions of it too
yours has Sprout facing to the right
My other one has Sprout facing to the left
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: SOTW Nov. 29 - Dec. 5, 2020 Topic Next Topic: SOTW: Nov. 15th - Nov. 21st  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000