Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Car of the Week (COTW)
 COTW October 18 to 24, 2020
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: COTW October 25 -31, 2020 Topic Next Topic: COTW Rocktober 11 to 17, 2020  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 18 2020 :  01:51:22 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

I believe this to be an Athearn piece. Just got done adding end rails and ladders from the junk box. Best I could
do. I realize, from the photo, it really needs some "windows." Parked on the Jade Fog Fog spur. A shipment of
Fogite ingredients due soon.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 18 2020 :  02:11:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
My AHM Canadian Club. Liked this piece and bought it several years ago new in box.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 18 2020 :  02:28:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Chops the Fogite is nasty stuff it looks to have turned that man at the sanding depot to stone.
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 18 2020 :  09:01:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
That caboose is awesome!

This car went from chops, mistakenly to Erik, and finally back to me! It's missing an ice hatch and two Ice hatch doors, so I'll have to hunt those down at a future train show. I also need to make the brake wheel staff and pop a brake wheel on there. I'm also doing some brown paint detail on the ladders and grabs. It has nice set of sprung trucks too! Thank you chops!

Edited by - BlaxlandAlex3 on October 18 2020 09:01:50 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 18 2020 :  10:45:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Hah, hah, hah! I had not noticed that before! He is turned into a veritable pillar of salt!!

Glad the reefer found its proper owner! That reefer was part of a generous donation from
The Siding specifically to encourage younger modelers, which are becoming a rare breed.

In tribute to our newest contributing member, Tater1337:

I think it is a Pemco. Lots of fond memories watching GT rumbling about in Northern Vermont.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 19 2020 :  07:52:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here are a pair of HObbyline tank cars. The Cities Service and CONOCO cars.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 19 2020 :  10:07:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - October 19 2020 :  12:17:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
This was bought for $1 in a junk box at an outdoor train show this weekend.

Life-Like auto racks bought from His Majesty, Sir CHOPS and in the middle of converting to customs

and a highly coveted SEARS Lionel boxcar

For mid-Atlanticans- bookmark this address:

https://renningers.net/event-category/kutz-events/

It is an outdoor antiques and flea market in Kutztown, PA where I and some friends all found gobs of affordable trains. With other venues closed this is an EXCELLENT replacement for Greenberg and the fabled ATMA Show. It will be chilly but they have a show here on December 5! Start hoarding cash!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 19 2020 :  3:30:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Woah Nelly! Love that Hot Wheels Auto Rack! PC auto rack is spot on!
Is that Sears a Tyco product? I have never seen nor heard of such an
item. Thank you for posting!

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - October 19 2020 :  4:09:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Thanks Chops. The SEARS is a Lionel. Rarely do they make it out of the boxed sets at shows and even if they do, they are generally $40-50 as solo items. Most sellers are wise to their relative rarity and collectability due to the pedigree. I just like them for their color!

I won't say what I paid for it out of fear having the authorities summoned for theft!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 19 2020 :  6:41:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I like the Sears car too and the calm color of green. I ciuld buy one of those someday even though I don't need anymore rolling stock.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 19 2020 :  6:59:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks Chops. The SEARS is a Lionel. Rarely do they make it out of the boxed sets at shows and even if they do, they are generally $40-50 as solo items. Most sellers are wise to their relative rarity and collectability due to the pedigree. I just like them for their color!

I won't say what I paid for it out of fear having the authorities summoned for theft!

Originally posted by el rojo grande - October 19 2020 :  4:09:55 PM

I think I gave $5 or less for mine IDR
Am getting a surprise soon I hope
when that boxcar was made ALL Sears vans & trucks were that color!
I know cause my dad bought a 74 Ford pickup with a utility box & liftgate that was from Sears from a auction & it was THAT color!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 19 2020 :  9:24:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome finds, el rojo grande! I will have to check out that event, as Kutztown is not too far away from where I live, in PA.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 19 2020 :  9:38:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
This was bought for $1 in a junk box at an outdoor train show this weekend.

Life-Like auto racks bought from His Majesty, Sir CHOPS and in the middle of converting to customs

and a highly coveted SEARS Lionel boxcar

For mid-Atlanticans- bookmark this address:

https://renningers.net/event-category/kutz-events/

It is an outdoor antiques and flea market in Kutztown, PA where I and some friends all found gobs of affordable trains. With other venues closed this is an EXCELLENT replacement for Greenberg and the fabled ATMA Show. It will be chilly but they have a show here on December 5! Start hoarding cash!

Originally posted by el rojo grande - October 19 2020 :  12:17:31 PM

Need that Bubble Yum to go with my Tyco one
& hey if you're gonna do Hot Wheels
Might as well do Matchbox too

Edited by - microbusss on October 19 2020 9:39:23 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - October 19 2020 :  10:45:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 19 2020 :  10:59:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice , Mike! I have hooker headers on my Trans Am but I have never bought this box car...

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 19 2020 :  11:36:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
RJ: what about a Lesney Auto Rack??

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 20 2020 :  2:51:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
2 Lionel Hy-Cube boxcars I just got in the mail

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - October 20 2020 :  8:17:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
quote:

In tribute to our newest contributing member, Tater1337:

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 18 2020 :  10:45:27 AM

(reviewing my pic in my phone)....

NOW I GET IT
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - October 20 2020 :  9:56:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
I think I might have other beat this week for COTW
no, this is (almost) not from my nostalgia
in 76 I got the centennial steam engine, but no cars
last week I lost 3 auctions for the engine, but won these, plus the baggage car(en route)
now I need to get the engine to complete this set, one part of my nostalgia plans
I think I (almost) have the other part done, but something still doesn't look right. going to be visiting my parents and see if they can help jog my memory

autos are out of my childhood toys that my parents have been unloading on me this past year, at least the ones closer to ho scale than the matchboxes (most tootsietoys)

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 20 2020 :  10:08:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Tootsietoys!
I has a mountain of those

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 21 2020 :  12:24:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Tootsie toys most cool, I’ve never seen the pick up. Wonder where they made those, and out of what? Really nice coaches. Good luck on the hunt for the locomotive. Be careful you don’t get a junker, might be worth to pay up for NOS, return policy, or better yet, at a train show.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 21 2020 :  02:38:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I never had very many Tootsie toys that I can remember. I did get interested in the Matchbox cars and trucks. 11 of these are my actual ones I had as a kid. I stored them in the enclosed headboard of my bed for years.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 21 2020 :  04:17:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Beautiful collection. I had some little match box as a kid,
my parents got me as a kid, probably to get me to shut up.
We were following Dad around Moscow, in the height of the
Cold War, and I remember spending hours opening and closing
the bonnet and running it along the walls of these decrepit
brick buildings as we hiked down empty streets. Why Dad dragged the whole family to behind the Iron Curtain?
I sometimes wonder if he was using the family as a human
shield. Gee, Pop, can we take a swing through North Korea
now that we’re over here?

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - October 21 2020 :  09:51:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
quote:
RJ: what about a Lesney Auto Rack??

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 19 2020 :  11:36:49 PM

Hmmmm. That doesn't seem to have the same swagger as Hot Wheels...

But since we're talking car models here, I just found an antiques/record store right next to the Strasburg Railroad that has a display case full of 1960's Matchbox trucks that you would swear were just brought back via time machine travel from England they are in such mint shape.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 21 2020 :  11:15:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Tootsie toys most cool, I’ve never seen the pick up. Wonder where they made those, and out of what? Really nice coaches. Good luck on the hunt for the locomotive. Be careful you don’t get a junker, might be worth to pay up for NOS, return policy, or better yet, at a train show.

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 21 2020 :  12:24:40 AM

Chicago, Illinois!
diecast
Midgetoys was their competitor & were made in Rockford, Illinois
if that had a steam engine I have one

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - October 21 2020 :  12:12:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Cox had a TOFC version for Sears. This is how it was bought, but believe me, it was shopped right away and hit the rails with a few improvements.

I thought I had a shot of it finished upbut I don't.

So here are two more customized:

MDC covered hopper with Micro Scale Simpson Paper decals that begged to have old Bart added! This isn't the worst decal job you've ever seen, Just taken before Solvaset had dried and snuggled decals down flat.

And an Athearn flat carrying bronze dinosaur sculptures.

That's a quick way to use up all those toy dinos underfoot that you or your kids left on the floor!

Edited by - el rojo grande on October 21 2020 1:05:16 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 21 2020 :  5:00:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
!!! I've gotta do a dino load. That is too cool! Nice PB.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 21 2020 :  10:59:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Cox had a TOFC version for Sears. This is how it was bought, but believe me, it was shopped right away and hit the rails with a few improvements.

I thought I had a shot of it finished upbut I don't.

So here are two more customized:

MDC covered hopper with Micro Scale Simpson Paper decals that begged to have old Bart added! This isn't the worst decal job you've ever seen, Just taken before Solvaset had dried and snuggled decals down flat.

And an Athearn flat carrying bronze dinosaur sculptures.

That's a quick way to use up all those toy dinos underfoot that you or your kids left on the floor!

Originally posted by el rojo grande - October 21 2020 :  12:12:54 PM

hey I wanna sees the front of that Stego!
Do want Sears TOFC!

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - October 22 2020 :  12:29:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Here we go- the finished product

And while a little dark here is the Stegosaurus front view

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 22 2020 :  07:58:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh neat
just thought the Stego resembled MY group

yet it doesn't
Sorry if pic isn't a Car

Edited by - microbusss on October 22 2020 07:59:08 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 22 2020 :  08:22:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Rojo Grande’s appear to be cast in bronze.

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - October 22 2020 :  09:42:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
The paint is a hammered bronze or something like that. On smooth surfaces it gives a mottled testure. I think nI sued it on the flat car of ship screws right next to it.

It looks like the Buss is set to build a unit train of dino statues! You can ship them to the National Dinosaur National Monument in Colorado!

https://www.nps.gov/dino/index.htm

Edited by - el rojo grande on October 22 2020 09:44:44 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 22 2020 :  10:15:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

It looks like the Buss is set to build a unit train of dino statues! You can ship them to the National Dinosaur National Monument in Colorado!

https://www.nps.gov/dino/index.htm

Originally posted by el rojo grande - October 22 2020 :  09:42:43 AM

naaah!
gonna use them IF I ever get the rest of those Flintstone buildings from McDonald's & Burger King hehe
  Previous Topic: COTW October 25 -31, 2020 Topic Next Topic: COTW Rocktober 11 to 17, 2020  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000