Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW: Sept. 27th - Oct. 3rd
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW Rocktober 4 to 10, 2020 Topic Next Topic: LOTW September 20, 2020 - September 26, 2020  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 27 2020 :  3:42:30 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Gotta double-dip on LOTW this week. Up first is this crisp Tyco PowerTorque Santa Fe "Warbonnet" F9A #4015. The paint on the shell is distinctly glossier compared to previous TYCO Santa Fe F9 shells, and the PT motor is still running strong. This is a later-model Tyco F9, hence the PT.

The 2nd is Tyco Burlington Route SD24 #502! It is in great condition, and I fixed the pinion gear with a dab of solder, so now it runs as good as it looks.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - September 27 2020 :  4:35:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
My LOTW will be a GP20 double header. To start, here's my Tyco Santa Fe GP20 from last week with handrails installed.

Second, here is my Tyco Durango GP20. This unit was a problem from the start, arriving with a lot of paint issues and body damage which weren't shown in the seller's photo. Although I'm not jumping for joy about this unit, I've gotten it fixed up somewhat after some repainting and a tune-up.

I like the rugged look of the Tyco GP20. They're quite a rugged, nice little diesel.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 28 2020 :  07:55:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist

Jonathan the ALco C424, the ridge's main freight hauler.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 28 2020 :  3:03:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
BLARX!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 30 2020 :  11:02:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My loco of the week is a Mantua Pennsylvania Railroad 4-4-2 #7002. It is a E2 class 4-4-2 that was later rebuilt and became a E7. I got it at least 5 years ago at a train show. Which one I can't remember. When i bought it it was in its original box still vacuum sealed as it is today. I tried to take photos of it yesterday and out of 5 or 6 photos taken, only one was viewable. The rest are junk. The plastic covering is very reflective. This is a famous locomotive for on June 11 1905 the PRR restarted its name train the Pennsylvania Limited. The train coming in from Chicago had a scheduled engine change and loco 7002 was a little late in arriving. The E2 was hooked up to the limited and the Engineer was told to make up time. That he did ! Most of the run was done at over 100 MPH. one 3 mile section was timed and the train averaged 127 MPH for these three miles. It took 87 seconds to run these the three miles. During this age many such trips were recorded on many different railroads. It is ashame that towards the end of steam speeds made by many of the very high performance locomotive all over this country were never released to the public. If they did who knows what legal action would have been brought against the railroads. You must remember that these trains were competing against the airlines for clients. If the lowly E2 Atlantic can average 127 MPH what can be accomplished by monster steamers of almost all the class 1 railroads. You can only dream.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - September 30 2020 :  11:19:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Fall colours...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 01 2020 :  01:44:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice trains guys! I like Mike's IGA! Don't believe I have seen that one b4...

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - October 02 2020 :  6:17:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
My LOTW I.H.C Mountain 4-8-2 C&O. This thing hasn't been ran in over 2 yrs. Put it on the tracks and it took right off.

Yardmaster 54
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 277  ~  Member Since: October 01 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 03 2020 :  12:36:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
Nice trains guys! I like Mike's IGA! Don't believe I have seen that one b4...

Originally posted by walt - October 01 2020 :  01:44:42 AM

Don’t see them turn up very often. I tried to get a less colorful variation from
local Craigslist, but seller was very stubborn. Probably collecting dust in his
garage and will some day be tossed in the trash.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW Rocktober 4 to 10, 2020 Topic Next Topic: LOTW September 20, 2020 - September 26, 2020  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000