Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 Cambron Diesel Locomotive Castings
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: IHC Mini Movers HO Topic Next Topic: N-Scale Fleischmann DB Class 218 diesel video  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 25 2020 :  07:44:58 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
*** Cambron Diesel Locomotive Castings ***

I found these castings at auction on eBay last week and placed a opening bid. As it turned out no one wanted them and i got them. I seen a rare odd-ball early casting for the EMC Electro Motive Corporation FT A&B units. These were modeled after the first FT diesel model that was released by EMC, a post WW2 version of the FT locomotive. A man named James M Cambrom designed and manufactured these deiesel bodies. I have seen a EMC E unit body also made by him. Along with these 2 cast bodies came a Baker B-B drive which never was installed into this body. To complete the look once dome were truck side bronze castings for the correct trucks the EMC was using at the time. These diesel truck side frames were retailed by one Theo R. Parker another lost name from the post WW2 model train world. Also with the lot was a John English FB-1 casting which once I received it yesterday 9-24-20 I threw away because of how bad the casting was. Both boxes that they came with, a original J English box, and a red gift box were to contaminated with mold to keep and were disposed of. You can see all the stuff that came with the train lot I received in this first photo which includes a large blue print of a ABBA lash up. You can see it all in the first photo.
frank

Now other photos show the stuff better I hope. This is what I kept.

You can see the original Parker bag the 6 wheel trucks came in. Thses would have been used if the model became a FT 4-6 A and B set as NYC and NH used. Also included wer 4 sets of B truck side frames if the modeler wished to make. Enough side frames were provided for either the FT A&B 4-6 or the FT A&B 4-4 . Making this in a 4-6 version would make this not just rare but super rare.

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on September 25 2020 07:58:14 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 25 2020 :  10:22:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Frank, you have the most interesting post WWII HO collection I have
ever seen or heard of. I wonder if people understand just how unique
your collection really is. People don't remember, but O27 was king,
and HO was considered an oddball miniature size and RTR stuff was
very, very scarce until later in the '50's.

I am old enough to remember when N scale, aka "Postage Stamp"
trains started hitting the market. People don't remember, but they
ran like crap and had couplers that looked strangely oversized.

We never dreamed of the level of technology in N today, and DCC
wasn't the remotest inkling, much less in N.

Talking about odd ball, I'm sorry TT scale never gained a foot hold. It
combines the space saving quality of N and the visibility of HO.
I see collector clubs out there, for TT, and these guys are insane
what with all that they do to make something. That was like HO, was.

Back in the day, we didn't have computer games, and if you had
a couple of trains and an oval of track, that was the bomb. I've
been chasing that dream ever since.

So what's the plan? Leave it? Build it? Paint it? Myself, I'd vote
to build and paint it up, just because it so dang cool I'd want
to see it running laps pulling a passenger consist.

http://davidksmith.com/postage-stamp-trains/chapter-1.htm

Edited by - Chops124 on September 25 2020 10:31:01 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 25 2020 :  11:17:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I'm with chops. Paint em up, and put em together!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 25 2020 :  11:43:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well Jef and Alex, That won't be happening in my lifetime unless I can live and still function when I am in my 80's. It will be hard enough for me to just get my layout going, and build my Ashley shops and other layout related work.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 25 2020 :  9:38:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Farm them out?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 26 2020 :  5:32:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Incredible find!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: IHC Mini Movers HO Topic Next Topic: N-Scale Fleischmann DB Class 218 diesel video  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000