Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 A new project? (Projects update)
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Anderson Paint Shop Projects Topic Next Topic: RESTORING & CUSTOMIZING Old Pola Freight Station
Page: of 3

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - July 30 2020 :  09:48:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
quote:
Sorry I accidentally said tiger I meant to say tiny I think it's the same light bulb that they use in their locomotives maybe a little bit different. I can't find any pictures.
quote:
quote:
well in the Dumbo cartoon Casey Jr is a 2-4-0
but either way a 4-4-0 looks good
a few years ago there was a G scale LE one

Originally posted by microbusss - July 29 2020 :  5:54:09 PM

Yeah, I sorta prefer the more realistic Casey.

Erik, I don't know what that is. Got Pics? I'm assuming it's just a bulb but I'm not sure...

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - July 30 2020 :  07:57:42 AM

Originally posted by Erik The Train Nerd - July 30 2020 :  08:41:01 AM

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 30 2020 :  1:41:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Does it look like this? This is the standard bulb used in their locos. I know the wire is disconnected, rip

If so I do have a few I think I could spare one

Edited by - BlaxlandAlex3 on July 30 2020 1:42:29 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - July 30 2020 :  2:33:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
That's it.
quote:
Does it look like this? This is the standard bulb used in their locos. I know the wire is disconnected, rip

If so I do have a few I think I could spare one

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - July 30 2020 :  1:41:15 PM

Edited by - Erik The Train Nerd on July 30 2020 2:33:43 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 30 2020 :  7:46:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Yep, that's a stock Mantua bulb. I would be all guns a blazing to mail you one but (being 14) I have "those parents" so the likelihood of me being able to send you one is slim. I'd imagine it would be the same with yours. I do know people on ebay sell them. In all honesty, unless you need it stock Tyco, I would just buy some modern leads that are within the size of that bulb. If you decide to go that route I could give you the measurements of the bulb.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - July 30 2020 :  8:44:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
I might do that what are the measurements?
quote:
Yep, that's a stock Mantua bulb. I would be all guns a blazing to mail you one but (being 14) I have "those parents" so the likelihood of me being able to send you one is slim. I'd imagine it would be the same with yours. I do know people on ebay sell them. In all honesty, unless you need it stock Tyco, I would just buy some modern leads that are within the size of that bulb. If you decide to go that route I could give you the of the bulb.

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - July 30 2020 :  7:46:38 PM

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 31 2020 :  08:19:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
I might do that what are the measurements?
quote:
Yep, that's a stock Mantua bulb. I would be all guns a blazing to mail you one but (being 14) I have "those parents" so the likelihood of me being able to send you one is slim. I'd imagine it would be the same with yours. I do know people on ebay sell them. In all honesty, unless you need it stock Tyco, I would just buy some modern leads that are within the size of that bulb. If you decide to go that route I could give you the of the bulb.

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - July 30 2020 :  7:46:38 PM

Originally posted by Erik The Train Nerd - July 30 2020 :  8:44:50 PM

Measuring with a micrometer, the bulb itself is .17 inches wide, the metal part around it is .23 inches wide, and it is .58 inches long.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 31 2020 :  12:16:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist

The home stretch. I painted it a week ago and got the correct vandy tender. So now it is time to add the final details. The whistle was added, couplers, and I painted the backhead details and the cab interior green. I also decided to add the markers back onto the model, and I did so by drilling some holes, bending some wire, and some metal glue.

I just came across a picture of someone who bent some simple contacts to improve pickup on the drivers so I might do that sometime. I have to solder the metal tender connection back on the wire, couple it up, and shell be good to go. The cab and tender, however, still have a glossy sheen. After I weather the loco I may dull these parts down.

The locomotive will get a light weathering job.

Also I used the grinder to successfully grind off the unnessecary metal from the new pilot truck casing. It now fits and works well. My C-9 is really turning out to be a beauty.

Edited by - BlaxlandAlex3 on July 31 2020 12:18:27 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 31 2020 :  9:24:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Impressive!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 31 2020 :  10:25:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looks great!!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 01 2020 :  09:34:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Thanks guys!

Today I'll tackle finishing the tender, but the locomotive is done! Weathered, and I added cab "glass" and a dynamo exhaust.

Not bad for literally my second attempt at weathering if I do say so myself.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 01 2020 :  4:14:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Has a truly end-of-the-line, been-there-done-that, run-around-and-
put-away-wet look. What roadname?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 01 2020 :  4:53:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Incredible worn look! Great job!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 01 2020 :  5:25:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Has a truly end-of-the-line, been-there-done-that, run-around-and-
put-away-wet look. What roadname?

Originally posted by Chops124 - August 01 2020 :  4:14:08 PM

Southern Pacific. Thanks chops and RP!

She stills works hard despite her age. A little grime doesn't bother the engines of the good ol' espee!

Dr. John
Switcher

GMOAvatar

Posted - August 01 2020 :  6:05:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Dr. John to Buddylist
Great work! This definitely has a well-used Southern Pacific look.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 37  ~  Member Since: January 02 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 01 2020 :  6:18:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Great work! This definitely has a well-used Southern Pacific look.

Originally posted by Dr. John - August 01 2020 :  6:05:31 PM

Thanks!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 02 2020 :  09:25:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist

I got my Mantua General at the buffalo central train show for $20, still MINT in box! An amazing deal, the guy selling it must have really wanted to get rid of it!

I've added lots of detail to make it as accurate as possible, all done with paint pens. White walls on the wheels, some gold here and there, the silver running board, the nameplate, and most of all, the front smokebox number plate. I filed down that "bump" on the smokebox, and used an athearn F unit pothole window and painted it. I used my trusty E6000 to glue it on. Sucess! Just thought I'd share some of these simple modifications anyone can do to enhance the look of their general.

I built this 1/25 (G scale) MPC general kit with my dad in 2010. There were so many things we did wrong, it looked awful! so in 2018, I tore apart the bad bits, and fixed the mistakes. It looks really good now, and sits on a shelf above my bed with a train made of a coke can I got in the Bahamas many years ago. So the general is a very sentimental locomotive to me.

I hope to someday get another general, a beat up one, to strip and repaint into the Texas.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 02 2020 :  3:27:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice work on that Mantua General - looks quite realistic.

That larger scale model of the General is awesome, as well as that Coke can steamer.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 02 2020 :  4:45:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Thanks! Yes, I love my little coke loco!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 08 2020 :  10:05:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Long time no update! I have been working on slightly de - weathering my 2-8-0 with some fine sandpaper. It seemed just a bit much to me.

I have broken into my Brazilian loco project, I have gotten a lot done with that!

I'm 3D printing a Russian Locomotive

I'm very tired!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 08 2020 :  3:04:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
You are 3d printing a Russian locomotive. WOW. Please
show us how that works.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 08 2020 :  7:24:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
You are 3d printing a Russian locomotive. WOW. Please
show us how that works.

Originally posted by Chops124 - August 08 2020 :  3:04:56 PM

How it works, yes that is a good question

I have no clue, but I hope it works out!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 08 2020 :  11:55:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Where do you ever begin on such a thing? Is it going to be diesel,
electric, or steam?

BTW, I tucked in a little something that you can use, or not, on the Brazilian project. Palm trees and Brazil go together, no?

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 09 2020 :  08:39:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Where do you ever begin on such a thing? Is it going to be diesel,
electric, or steam?

BTW, I tucked in a little something that you can use, or not, on the Brazilian project. Palm trees and Brazil go together, no?

Originally posted by Chops124 - August 08 2020 :  11:55:50 PM

Steam. The class O 0-8-0 to be specific.

Those trees will definitely help when I make the debut video for it! Thanks!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 13 2020 :  10:02:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist

I want to debut the finished loco as a surprise, but I couldn't resist sharing my success with the headlight! This took a full day to design. The headlight on this loco is quite large, so I was looking for circular objects to make it out of. Then I saw it. A bullet casing my friend gave me! Cut the thing down to size, thickened it up with paper, and made the visor. At this point, I was still considering adding the bulb into it. I decided to go on and do it. I drilled the hole very meticulously (I actually got the brass casing to slide out of the paper!) And then drilled a hole in the smokebox, fed the bulb and wires through, then stuffed all the holes with putty and E6000. this morning, when it dried, I painted it up, and tested it. Thankfully it still worked. The wires which connect to the circuit board look fragile, so I need to be careful soldering them back.

Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 13 2020 :  9:30:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looks awesome! Wow, and that is 3-d printed, right?

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 13 2020 :  11:41:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I am amazed.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 14 2020 :  09:37:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Looks awesome! Wow, and that is 3-d printed, right?

Originally posted by RP model railroads - August 13 2020 :  9:30:15 PM

Thanks guys! No, this is not the 3D printed loco. I have not started on that one yet. This is my Brazilian loco

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 14 2020 :  3:39:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Oh, my bad. Still, looks awesome! Nice work.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 14 2020 :  7:13:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Oh, my bad. Still, looks awesome! Nice work.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - August 14 2020 :  3:39:18 PM

It's fine, thank you very much!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 15 2020 :  4:36:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Chops sent me an AHM saddle tanker with a brief diagnosis of it having split gears. Upon testing it was confirmed that just as chops said, the motor did indeed function, but wasn't engaging with the gears. Upon inspecting and cleaning the wheels, I concluded that they are metal, so the possibility of them splitting is astronomical.

I then noticed there was some shaft sticking out from under the worm and perhaps the worm gear somehow got misplaced on the shaft. Before I could start pulling at the worm, I noticed this plate was loose.

Basically, this plate plugs snugly into four pegs, which holds the motor down. Upon pressing it farther in, the motor went farther down, so then the worm could engage. Turned the throttle and she took off down the rails.

My best guess is that somebody serviced the loco and removed the plate, and then when they went to put it back in, they didn't realize it is supposed to be a tight fit, and didn't want to risk breaking it. So they didn't snap it in all the way, and then noticed it failed to run, and pushed it to the side.

I'm glad to have this locomotive in my collection, and I will be detailing and repainting it.
Thank you chops!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 16 2020 :  7:18:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Incredible simple fix - great thinking!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 29 2020 :  08:22:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
All has been quiet around my thread - apologies. Things at the workshop have been very busy. Brazilian loco almost done, working on the saddle tank, etc. I've also been working on the new batch of cars I got from chops, and giving them some new life. The caboose is next in line, then finishing that MDC 2-8-0 (Yeah, that's still incomplete) there's a lot to do, and I lose motivation quickly.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 01 2020 :  9:53:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
The Brazilian locomotive is complete! After months of planning and construction, she graced the rails.

Only for me to find, that the pilot truck DERAILS ON EVEEERRRYYYTHING! Curves, points, you name it. I have a feeling the wheels are out of gauge, but I tried widening them to no avail. I'll try adding some weight too it, but does anybody have suggestions? I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Gives me something to sleep on lol

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 01 2020 :  9:54:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Also Chops, your saddle tank loco is nearly complete. Just needs dullcote and couplers

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 02 2020 :  02:50:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 06 2020 :  8:33:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
A mantua 4-6-2, some scale drawings, and some help from a friend who can 3D print parts for me, combined with nostalgia from when I was younger, you get a project that's going to be so big, and so awesome when done.

I can hear that whistle now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Y1Ar4Ub9g

project three - nine. coming soon to a planet near you

Edited by - BlaxlandAlex3 on September 06 2020 8:34:53 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 06 2020 :  9:16:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Gonna be awesome.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 07 2020 :  07:53:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Gonna be awesome.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - September 06 2020 :  9:16:00 PM

hopefully! I estimate it'll take a year start to finish!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 15 2020 :  5:39:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
So uh, I'm turning my mantua L&NE camelback into reading 1187 because reasons

I also *might* be getting a USATC S100 Dock Tank to make this character I've wanted to make for awhile.

No, it will NOT have buffers, but will be green!

I'm finally resuming that Puffa project.

And I've started work on my SP 4-6-0

The slight de - weathering is nearly complete on my SP 2-8-0.

the shops are busy!

Edited by - BlaxlandAlex3 on September 15 2020 5:43:17 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 15 2020 :  10:34:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Sounds cool!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 23 2020 :  10:04:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist

It's done, minus that derailing truck, and I figured I'd tease it off here before I do the reveal video (even though you might have seen it in my collection showcase) so stay tuned!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 23 2020 :  11:04:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great stuff!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - September 23 2020 :  1:04:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Thanks chops!

I've also been working on a lot of rolling stock lately, especially with all these new freight cars I recieved from chops. In the midst of working on all these cars, I pulled out this old life like caboose I've had for awhile. It seemed appropriate to work on it since I was also working on chops' bay window caboose.

I figured it needed some detail. I began to file and cut off the molded on grab irons

An old molded on grab iron

A removed grab iron with holes awaiting a separate grab iron part

This caboose is going to be generic. Itll be plain red with no road name, and possibly a number, but I might leave the number off too.

On the topic of cabeese, and chops' caboose for that matter, I have painted the frame, got the trucks and couplers in, and some of the brake hardware installed. However, the plastic must be delrin, because glues aren't working on it. When I received the caboose, there was a very noticable crack on one of the bay windows. I tried to glue it, but of course, that didnt work. In the process, more cracks began to show up, and soon, this happened:

It turns out, for some reason, the plastic in this area was very brittle. This shell is now only good for a scrap diorama. I'm sure Brian has another shell I can have, but it sucks that I'll have to replace one of the main components of chops' caboose.

I'll keep you updated on the cabeese.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 23 2020 :  5:24:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Or a quick whack with a hammer, and you've got yourself a scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJag19WoAe0

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 02 2020 :  9:14:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
This is my first locomotive that I'm going all out on. Separate parts, details, etc. I need some lifting injectors, check valves, oil and water hatches, and some other little things to keep going but she is coming along. I'm turning TYCO (sorry guys, it's for a quote!) Trash into treasure!!

There is still a long way to go, and as I said, I'm still missing some detail parts I need.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 02 2020 :  10:13:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Whoa! That looks awesome! What railroad will it serve?

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 03 2020 :  09:19:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Whoa! That looks awesome! What railroad will it serve?

Originally posted by RP model railroads - October 02 2020 :  10:13:44 PM

good ole' espee!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 03 2020 :  10:26:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Also, about my other southern pacific engine.

When I properly showed it off last it had been heavily weathered. I concluded it was too much weathering, and not what I was looking for. I tried taking some black paint and drybrushing some areas to get rid of it, but now it just looks messy. I'm going to strip and repaint it. This time I will do it right. I'll be repainting it when I paint my 4-6-0, so it may be sometime in the next few months.

I also replaced my old headlights, number boards, and cab with ones from Brian's MDC Atlantic. I was fine with it at first, but now it is starting to bug me, because the number 3041 is the number of an Atlantic. When I get decals for my 4-6-0, I'll get proper decals for the 2-8-0 as well.

And now I'm getting the itch to add separate detail parts to the 2-8-0 so that it looks on par with the 4-6-0. But getting parts is a tricky and expensive process if Brian does not have what I need. Once I finish this batch of freight cars I'll be heading back down to get more parts.

This 2-8-0 is turning out to be a pain in the rear with just how much I want to do to it!

Here's a bad picture of what it currently looks like.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 03 2020 :  9:50:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looks awesome to me!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 03 2020 :  10:57:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Or a quick whack with a hammer, and you've got yourself a scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJag19WoAe0

Originally posted by Chops124 - September 23 2020 :  5:24:19 PM

In 1981 a hiker finds a abandoned & rotting RI caboose in the woods
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: New Anderson Paint Shop Projects Topic Next Topic: RESTORING & CUSTOMIZING Old Pola Freight Station  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000