Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Looking for Mantua 0-10-0
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Penn Central Sale! Topic Next Topic: OLD Tyco Clock on Ebay...
Page: of 2

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 09 2020 :  2:57:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Got it!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - November 09 2020 :  2:59:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
But remember I'm 13 so my mom has a rule that I can't be getting trains all the time and since I just got that dd40 I'm going to have to wait till Christmas but it'll be worth it!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 09 2020 :  5:28:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I have that rule too, haha. I'm glad you got it, and honestly, the greatest excitement lies in the anticipation!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - November 09 2020 :  7:52:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
True that!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 09 2020 :  9:41:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Ah yes - I remember those days too. Glad to hear you got it, though, and I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

It's crazy thinking back, but I went from getting my 1st job at Dunkin' a month after I turned 16 and working part-time on weekends, to saving up enough money to buy my car before I even had my official junior license. I then graduated at 17, entered the workforce full-time, and have since traded my car for my truck, filed my first year of taxes, and fully support my hobby/train collection with my own hard-earned money. Feels good.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - February 02 2021 :  9:37:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
I made a video about it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVq4WWqTZFE&feature=youtu.be

Edited by - Erik The Train Nerd on February 02 2021 9:38:50 PM

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - February 03 2021 :  04:18:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Looks Awesome. Your next project money should go towards the front and rear trailing trucks. I want to say a tyco Mikado would be a suitable source. If I see some I'll point them your way.
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - February 03 2021 :  06:44:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Looks Awesome. Your next project money should go towards the front and rear trailing trucks. I want to say a tyco Mikado would be a suitable source. If I see some I'll point them your way.

Originally posted by A-A-RON - February 03 2021 :  04:18:20 AM

This locomotive isnt supposed to have front or rear trailing trucks, at least I dont think.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - February 03 2021 :  09:47:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Yep no trucks for this one

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Posted - February 03 2021 :  09:48:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Here's a website where you can read about the railroad that this locomotive belonged to in real life
https://www.american-rails.com/als.html

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - February 03 2021 :  09:51:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Okay... I see. I thought this was a Mantua Decapod. Initially I thought that's what this was, just minus the pilot truck.
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Penn Central Sale! Topic Next Topic: OLD Tyco Clock on Ebay...  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000