Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW 5-24-20 TO 5-30-20
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: May 31 to June 6, 2020 Topic Next Topic: LOTW 5-17 to 5-23-20  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 28 2020 :  9:02:12 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

A Mantua/Tyco General 4-4-0 in ANNA Railroad passenger colors.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on May 28 2020 9:04:18 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 29 2020 :  09:00:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
That's sharp Toptrain. What does "ANNA" Stand for? I remember you saying it was your son's railroad.

Was the name supposed to be "Meteor" ?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 29 2020 :  4:36:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Was the name supposed to be "Meteor" ?
Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - May 29 2020 :  09:00:27 AM

Could mean whatever all this is:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/metor

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 29 2020 :  6:08:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Anyway, I'm quadruple dipping with a few nearly complete locos of mine that all need parts to one degree or another.

Anthony

Bought this old bachmann at a train show for $3, missing the cab, motor was trashed despite the praise old bachmann can motors recieved. Remotored with a cheap can motor, runs sweet, still have to grind more metal out of the weight to accommodate the new setup, and of course, NEEDS A FRIGGIN CAB! Named this one "Anthony" of the "Anthony Po Railroad Co." A bit of an inside reference.

Connor

This locomotive was actually the subject of my first post on the forums, needed a screw and spacer for it, eventually got them, repainted it from the paint job I had it in before, I think it looks great now. Just missing a truck (Which I broke) for the tender, and a bell. (I like to use the bells from the mantua dixie bells, but cut off a yoke, as I did for Blaxland #5) I had to flip around a driver to get it running properly, but it runs as sweet as a nut now. Got this loco and a mantua prarie for $22. Amazing deal considering this loco is worth probably $80 alone. Named him Connor for my series, no roadname because I couldn't decide on anything.

David

Had this one for a while, was painted once, but then stripped into its final paint job, as shown here. Lettered it as Blaxland #5 "David" who is a core character in my series. Just need a smokebox door, however I've seen the smokebox door from the IHC 2-6-0 is a perfect fit, hopefully Brian has one. Added seperate grabs on the tender, kadees, window glass, and some better electrical pickup as well as a bell from a tyco dixie bell which I do not have on yet.

Benjamin

A friend of mine, Benjamin, initially made his OC southern 4501, but changed it due to there being like, a million other 4501 OC's out there. He then changed it to M&NF #12, a Southern A-7. I decided the A-7 is too hard to kitbash, so I'm just keeping his mikado heritage, but as a generic USRA mike, lettered for his fictional road, the Buckeye Branch. Loco is a mehano 2-8-2, still working on adding all the details and such. A bit of a way from completion. Still needs paint, some other details, need to strip and repaint the tender, etc.

Subscribe to benny, he makes 3D models in Blender! He will also be composing the majority of the music for my series. Super cool, and a great friend of mine! Heres a link to his latest video ---> https://youtu.be/erNgw7kMEKE

He currently has only completed his OC, and has it exported for use in Trainz simulator!

OC "Other Character" used to talk about somebody's fictitious character they came up with.

Edited by - BlaxlandAlex3 on May 29 2020 6:13:35 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 30 2020 :  9:15:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well people Here is my answer to Metor. sound it out ME T OR. a short version used when only 5 letters will fit. Yes i know that properly spelled out the word has 6 letters and doesn't fit below the windows on the general.
Now ANNA is a girls name . Anna RR is Anna Rail Road is a Rail Road named after a girl. This is also a railroad that my son and I run on out layouts. My son has carried it out a little further lettering freight cars for the ANNA RR. OK! I still dont know why you wanted to know this.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on May 30 2020 9:27:33 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 31 2020 :  08:47:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Well people Here is my answer to Metor. sound it out ME T OR. a short version used when only 5 letters will fit. Yes i know that properly spelled out the word has 6 letters and doesn't fit below the windows on the general.
Now ANNA is a girls name . Anna RR is Anna Rail Road is a Rail Road named after a girl. This is also a railroad that my son and I run on out layouts. My son has carried it out a little further lettering freight cars for the ANNA RR. OK! I still dont know why you wanted to know this.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - May 30 2020 :  9:15:34 PM

Sorry if you didn't want to share.. I was just curious about what the name derives from, that's all, sorry...
  Previous Topic: May 31 to June 6, 2020 Topic Next Topic: LOTW 5-17 to 5-23-20  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000