Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 I'M BACK!!!! AND HERE TO STAY!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: About me Topic Next Topic: HI!!!  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 24 2020 :  7:35:31 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
HELLO ALL!!

It has been a crazy past couple of months, and unfortunately both my interest in model railroading/train collection, and participation on the Tyco Forum fell by the wayside. The primary reason is due to my career, because in December I was promoted to store manager of the Dunkin' restaurant I've worked in now for over 2 years, and the responsibility as well as the stress involved in fulfilling such a position for then what was the highest grossing Dunkin' in the district, simply took precedence. In my nearly 6 months since promotion, and as a new manager, I've had to manage the store during the "New Years" loss in sales, change and replacement of some staff, and then with the COVID-19 situation beginning in March, plummeting sales, changing hours, and the temporary closing of our lobby. Needless to say, I personally feel that my leadership style has been truly challenged through all of what has unfolded so far in 2020, and that I've learned the value of confidence and time-management - the only thing I regret is that my ability to run my layouts became obsolete. In fact, all 3 layouts are under a plastic cover currently.

BUT, I'm not going to allow my career to take away from my love of trains or of this awesome forum any more, so I just wanted to announce that I'M BACK, and Here To Stay!! I look forward to getting the layouts up and running soon and creating videos at least on a weekly basis.

Stay tuned!

-RP Model Railroads

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 24 2020 :  8:11:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Welcome back Robert. This hobby is a respite from life's ills.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5871  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 24 2020 :  9:32:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Place wasn't the same without you, ditto to what WKS said. You have an enormous
undertaking at a very critical juncture. As you find your routine, hopefully it will
become easier.

Edited by - Chops124 on May 24 2020 9:32:47 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 24 2020 :  10:30:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
Hey there! That's one of the greatest things about model trains, they do not say, "Refrigerate after opening. Use by ...".
“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 24 2020 :  11:09:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Super! Glad you are back, Robert!! You younger people are the future of everything including our model train hobby. My sister has two young grand children that one likes trains, and the older one loves them!
I've studied corruption since 1994 and the worst crimes ever come against our young children and the elderly. So I think to tell you the TRUTH is only fair. I'm certain that your job has been greatly effected by the coronavirus plandemic, or scamdemic. It's sad, But our government and wealthy care nothing about the people. It's ALL about how much richer they can become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdiuCkAnEUs&t=643s 40 year doctor (20 years in virus/vaccines) Take time and LISTEN to this Ohio doctor! There is another top 50 doctor furious of the virus LIES and Facebook and youtube removes everything he posts. Coronavirus is the biggest government LIE since Sept, 9/11.

You young people need to know. Don't let the government steal anymore of your freedom. Don't believe or waste time watching the news. It's controlled by the very wealthy and mostly misinformation.
Good luck in your future hobby and your career...

Edited by - walt on May 25 2020 09:22:09 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 25 2020 :  08:47:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YOU'RE BACK!!!

Yes! Welcome back Robert! Congrats on your promotion! can't wait for you to see what we've all been working on around here! We've missed the Alpine Line and Tycomania!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 25 2020 :  08:49:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Super! Glad you are back, Robert!! You younger people are the future of everything including out model train hobby. My sister has two young grand children that one likes trains, and the older one loves them!
I've studied corruption since 1994 and the worst crimes ever come against our young children and the elderly. So I think to tell you the TRUTH is only fair. I'm certain that your job has been greatly effected by the coronavirus plandemic, or scamdemic. It's sad, But our government and wealthy care nothing about the people. It's ALL about how much richer they can become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdiuCkAnEUs&t=643s 40 year doctor (20 years in virus/vaccines) Take time and LISTEN to this Ohio doctor! There is another top 50 doctor furious of the virus LIES and Facebook and youtube removes everything he posts. Coronavirus is the biggest government LIE since Sept, 9/11.

You young people need to know. Don't let the government steal anymore of your freedom. Don't believe or waste time watching the news. It's controlled by the very wealthy and mostly misinformation.
Good luck in your future hobby and your career...

Originally posted by walt - May 24 2020 :  11:09:05 PM

truer words could not have been spoken!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 25 2020 :  8:36:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks all for the warm welcome - it's good to be back!

Walt, I 100% agree regarding the "scamdemic" or as I like to call it, the "panic pandemic," and working in the "front lines" as manager of a Dunkin' Restaurant has been quite challenging, to say the least. I remember when the Covid-19 situation first began, people were urged not to wear masks, in order to conserve them for medical professionals. Then, less than a month later, the governors of many states (including my home state of PA) "strongly suggested" a.k.a. mandated that citizens wear masks and gloves when exiting their homes, and those out working amongst people also wear masks and gloves. Dunkin' and all other businesses open at this time are no exception here, as my crew and I have been wearing masks and gloves since April, and I must say, it is cumbersome, to put it lightly. Even worse is when you actually research for yourself and discover that most masks are so porous, that nearly all viruses can pass right thru them (rendering them useless) and gloves, unless properly changed, are just as dangerous as not washing your hands. Not only that, but our store has learned from other local stores in the district, to avoid criticism, as there have been some stores who received complaints from customers who spotted employees wearing masks around their chins (to get a breath of fresh air,) and that they felt "unsafe" and that the store "wasn't following government guidelines." My store nearly got a complaint from an angered customer who claimed she saw a crew member not change his gloves between making her food items and taking payment from her at the drive-thru window (when he clearly did, as I was right there working with him.) Hypocrisy reigns in the media and among our politicians, and frankly, this situation is defining the difference between Americans who believe what they are told versus those who exercise their freedoms as defined in the Constitution and Bill of Rights and discover the Truth.

Now, with that out of the way, back to trains! Please enjoy the first video of train action on RETRO TYCO II since about 4 months ago. As a matter of fact, I will focusing my attention mainly on RETRO TYCO II from this point forward, to complete "Tyco Town" and get the layout and benchwork to its final stages. Stay tuned for future videos on at least a weekly basis.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 25 2020 :  11:10:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Love it!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 26 2020 :  09:02:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Just in time for memorial day!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 26 2020 :  1:10:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yay WB!! [okay]
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 26 2020 :  10:02:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks guys!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - June 13 2020 :  10:03:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
No free donuts for us here....???
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 13 2020 :  10:29:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
If any of you guys come to the Dunkin' I manage, I'll make sure you don't leave without free donuts.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 14 2020 :  12:02:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I just might make a 2000 mile detour just to come out there to PA!!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 14 2020 :  09:25:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do like a boston creme
  Previous Topic: About me Topic Next Topic: HI!!!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000