Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 25 ]  [ Total: 25 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Maintenance & Repair Shop
 Train Couplers
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Windows 10 Topic Next Topic: Decal Dilemma  

Leeski1981
Switcher

Posted - May 13 2020 :  08:44:34 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Leeski1981 to Buddylist
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum here. I just set up my Tyco train set that I had when I was a kid (1980s). It is the Railmaster 102 with the Virginian locomotive. Everything still works great after all these years. However I am in need of couplers for my cars. I am not sure what type they are or where to get them. Any help would be appreciated. I have pictures.

Edited by - Leeski1981 on May 13 2020 09:07:19 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: May 13 2020  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2020 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - May 13 2020 :  4:46:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Hi, welcome to the forum! Those are called horn hook couplers. They were the standard in HO for years. Your example is missing the little spring-tab on the end. Ebay is your best bet, unless someone here has a stash. You just need to keep an eye on the portion of the coupler which mounts to the car to be sure you're buying the correct style.

These look to be compatible:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Mantua-Tyco-HO-Scale-Hook-Horn-Couplers-Used-Train-Car-Replacement-Part/274252044360?hash=item3fdab21848:g:bAwAAOSwtgNeO7f4
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - May 13 2020 :  7:02:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Life Like used to make these separate sale They are about 4 to 5 dollars for six

I MAY be able to spare a few

Tyco made them as well sometimes they surface at Hobby Shops that have been around over thirty years

And as suggested e bay
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Windows 10 Topic Next Topic: Decal Dilemma  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000