Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Railroadiana
 NJ Transit
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Philadelphia trains Topic Next Topic: Tennessee Valley Railroad
Page: of 2

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 16 2021 :  2:00:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Penn Station platforms.

Platforms seem cleaner.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5845  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 17 2021 :  11:29:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Photos of my trip to New Jersey on Sunday.

I am on the train to Point Pleasant New Jersey.

That train leaves Point Pleasant going to Bay Head which is the next and final station.

Point Pleasant train station.

Edited by - wks on November 17 2021 4:15:51 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5845  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 17 2021 :  9:04:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Photos from Point Pleasant New Jersey.

Near the train station.

I am feeding the seagulls at the beach looking at the Atlantic Ocean less than a mile from the train station.

Edited by - wks on November 17 2021 9:25:48 PM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 30 2021 :  12:02:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Videos from my trip to the train show in Edison New Jersey on Sunday.

NJ Transit train I was on leaves Metuchen New Jersey heading to Trenton at 12:07 pm.

Amtrak train speeds thru Metuchen heading to New York City at 12:11 pm.

South of the station is The Middlesex Greenway Trail at 12:25 pm. Former Lehigh Valley spur line.

I am feeding the geese near the Expo Center at 1:41 pm.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 30 2021 :  12:59:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I did not take any videos of the show but other visitors did.

Not my videos. He took them on Saturday. I worked Saturday so I went to the Sunday show.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 30 2021 :  1:21:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I only bought two items at the show on Sunday.

AHM Santa Fe C liner for ten dollars. Tyco Pennsylvania hopper car for five dollars.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 30 2021 :  1:59:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

After the show I walked to Edison New Jersey.

Nice Christmas decorations near Edison New Jersey at 6:18 pm.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 30 2021 :  2:39:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I continued walking to the Edison train station.

I arrived at 6:53 pm.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 30 2021 :  2:54:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Photos from my trip to the train show on Sunday.

NJ Transit train I was on leaves Metuchen New Jersey going towards Trenton at 12:07 pm.

Metuchen station house at 12:09 pm.

Metuchen station house at 12:10 pm.

Amtrak train passes Metuchen heading to New York City at 12:11 pm.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 30 2021 :  5:44:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Few blocks south is a former spur rail line.

The Middlesex Greenway Trail at 12:25 pm.

Four miles long trail was a Lehigh Valley spur line. Was longer as a railroad spur line back in the day.

Further south is the Raritan Center complex at 1:12 pm.

Cars there waiting to be picked up.

Short distance to the avenue.

I am at the train show in the New Jersey Expo Center at 2:05 pm.

Almost ready to leave the show at 3:15 pm. I did not stay long since I have to be careful of the virus.
I took few photos since I do not like to photograph people nor train items. Next time I will sneak in a few photos of the merchandise.

This is not my photo nor item. I saw a Tyco GP20 engine like this one for $80 yesterday.
I know it is rare and I had the $80 to buy it. But to me it is not worth that amount.

This is not my photo nor item. I saw a Tyco Southern set like this one for $400. Rare but not worth it to me at least.

I have left the building at 3:25 pm.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 01 2021 :  10:54:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

More photos from Sunday.

Slowly walking back to a NJ Transit train station at 4:02 pm.

Well manicured grounds at 4:03 pm.

I saw colorful trees along the route at 4:15 pm.

Still have leaves on them at 4:20 pm.

More colorful trees at 4:32 pm.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 01 2021 :  12:50:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

More photos from Sunday.

Wawa was a must to visit at 5:21 pm near Edison.

Christmas decorations along the route at 6:17 pm.

Cold but enjoyable to see at 6:18 pm.

I am at the Edison New Jersey train station at 6:53 pm.

NJ Transit train seen at 7:09 pm.

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - December 01 2021 :  9:03:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Never knew there was a Raritan Central railway... Cool pics...!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 01 2021 :  9:15:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Here are some internet videos of the Raritan Central Railroad.
A shortline freight operator in the Edison New Jersey area.

Some of that video shows the track I was walking on.
And Fieldcrest Avenue that I took to reach the train show.

Not my videos. Cool shortline in New Jersey.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 02 2021 :  01:46:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Interesting ops. A triple header in reverse.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 04 2022 :  2:37:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

My photos from Sunday to Bridgewater Township New Jersey.

ALP 45DP heritage unit in Erie Lackawanna colors at Newark New Jersey. Runs in diesel or electric mode.

I am at the Somerville New Jersey train station as the train leaves towards Raritan.

The Somerville depot at 1:35 pm. Six mile walk ahead for me in the rain.

Checked out some stores before my long walk. One of them has vintage arcade games.

Some antique stores and video stores. A cute dog I saw at one of the stores I visited.

After six miles and over two hours I reach the Manor at 3:55 pm.

Very nice location for various events. Rain has stopped for now.

Entrance to the Manor. Wedding at 4 pm. I will talk to my friend and his wife after the wedding ceremony.

It was crowded in the wedding room and I do not want to risk getting the virus if someone has it.

So to play it safe I will walk around the grounds until the wedding ceremony is over. Social distance rules I follow.

Wedding ceremony would have been outside if the weather was nicer on Sunday.

Very nice to look at while I wait for my friend. His wife's niece is the bride.

Plenty of colorful flowers for an enjoyable setting.

Definitely adds to the lovely ambience for a wedding.

After the ceremony I talked with him and his wife.

After an hour talking with them and others it is time for me to leave. He drove me back to Somerville.

Train arrives to take me home. Thank you Michael and Rita for an enjoyable time on Sunday.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 05 2022 :  4:21:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
say I was just now wondering hehe
did NJT have cabooses?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 12 2022 :  5:38:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Found a photo on the internet.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 12 2022 :  6:36:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Photos from last Thursday.

Former Montclair New Jersey station terminal near the current Bay Street Station. Now a restaurant.

Trackside on the current Montclair New Jersey route.

A station in Montclair. They have six stops in the area.

Mountain Lakes New Jersey train station.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 12 2022 :  8:01:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Photos of my visit to Mountain Lakes New Jersey on Thursday.

One of the ponds in this beautiful area.

Heading back to the station.

Model train store near the station. O HO N scale items inside.

Train approaches the station.

I am at Lake Hopatcong New Jersey train station.

Depot is above the tracks.

Depot is restored but not used as a station anymore. Historical society inside.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 13 2022 :  6:23:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
someone needs to fix that crossbuck on the hobby store as its up WRONG!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 16 2022 :  5:15:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some of my videos on Friday to Lake Hopatcong.

I am at Dover New Jersey where passengers switch from electric powered trains to diesel powered ones.

On the diesel powered train at Mount Arlington New Jersey.

On the train as it passes thru Mount Arlington.

I am at the Lake Hopatcong New Jersey train station.

Above the tracks is the restored train depot.

One mile walk to the beach at Lake Hopatcong.

I am at the beach in Lake Hopatcong.

Short hiking trails are all around here.

Southern area of the lake in north central New Jersey.

I spent over an hour here to enjoy the views.

Few people at the park with their dogs.

Left after an hour and returned back to the station area. One last video before taking the east bound train home.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 16 2022 :  10:12:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Photos from Friday to Lake Hopatcong New Jersey.

Dover New Jersey depot built in 1901 by the Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroad. Overhead electric wire ends west of this station.

NJ Transit engine 4207 built in 1965 as a GP40 unit for freight service. Rebuilt into a GP40PH-2B unit for passenger service.

I am on the train to Lake Hopatcong. Passes Mount Arlington with Route 80 in the background.

A pond at Mount Arlington. I am still on the train.

I am near Lake Hopatcong train station.

I arrive at the Lake Hopatcong station platform.

Train is ready to go.

Leaves Lake Hopatcong.

I have over two hours to explore the area.

Bridge over the tracks. Use to have four tracks on this line.

Now only has two tracks. There use to have trolley service on that bridge.

No more trolley service. Only cars and trucks now. I am at an area which use to have a canal.
Water long gone and cemented over. Good thing otherwise my feet would be wet.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 16 2022 :  11:12:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Now for the fun part of my trip on Friday to Lake Hopatcong.

Former train station depot built in 1911. Tracks are behind and below this depot.

Now used for the Lake Hopatcong historical society foundation.

Time to walk to the lake.

Pleasant walk to the lake.

Looks great around the area.

Halfway to the beach at the lake.

Finally reach the beach at the lake.

Nice colors all around.

Some people here are enjoying the nice weather.

Nice hiking trails in the park near the beach.

Could spend hours here if there was more daylight time.

But night approaches the area. Time to head back home.

Time to leave this wonderful area.

Still some daylight left as I walk back to the train station.

Back at the station to wait for the train home. I will return soon.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 27 2023 :  5:49:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I went to Atlantic City last Friday to sightsee and meet a friend from Lancaster.

I first stopped in New Brunswick New Jersey to check out the station.

Then I stopped at Pennsauken New Jersey to change trains. Light rail train on ground level.

I go to the upper level at Pennsauken to take the other train.

I arrived in Atlantic City New Jersey. My friend is at a trade show for his job. So I sightsee first.

I approach the broadwalk and the Atlantic Ocean.

Still nice to see the ocean even though the weather was a bit uncomfortable.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 27 2023 :  6:15:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

A restaurant with a jungle theme.

Realistic figures and sounds make this very interesting.

After sightseeing I head back to the convention center to meet my friend.

With his job finished for the day we talk and head to the train station.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 27 2023 :  7:21:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

We travel on the train to Hammonton New Jersey to sightsee and visit antique stores.

We check out the former train depot near the current platform station in Hammonton.

After stopping at four antique stores that had HO scale items we got back to the station to head back to our homes.

NJ Transit train led by a GP40PH-2B rebuilt unit.

Four passenger cars complete the set.

My friend and I get on the train to talk more.

We say goodbye as I get off the train in Pennsauken.

He stays on the train as it heads over the Delaware River towards Philadelphia.

I head downstairs to get the light rail train home.

The light rail train arrives.

Hours later I am back in New York and my friend is back in Lancaster. A wonderful day with a wonderful friend and a wonderful trip.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 27 2023 :  7:46:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I know what I'd like in HO
a NJT boxcar!
next up NJT Freight Service!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 05 2023 :  3:23:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some cool internet videos show Atlantic City New Jersey from back in the day.

Although I prefer the modern look of the current station and train operations it is fascinating to see how it was so long ago.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 05 2023 :  5:26:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some more old time scenes.

Although not NJ Transit it shows what ran there before current operations.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 06 2023 :  9:35:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I saw some nice internet photos of trains in Atlantic City. Since Dave and I were in Atlantic Ciity recently it would be nice to see the past.

This is my photo of the current station and equipment being used. From June 2021 during my last visit before coming back this year.

The previous Atlantic City station platform during the 1970s. Should be in the same location as the current station. Not my photo.

You can see the sorry state of the station in the 1970s. Not my photo.

Still the RDC units look nice in the sun at the older station. Same location as the current station. Not my photo.

The original station area about two blocks south of the current station. Much cleaner back in the day. Not my photo.

More vintage diesel unit to be seen in this time capsule. Not my photo.

Now we see steam in Atlantic City back in the day. Not my photo.

More steam action from the time capsule. Not my photo.

Must have been fascinating to see those steam engines by the shore. Not my photo.

This is a nice view above with another steam engine to view. Not my photo.

By the yard area just north of the old terminal. This photo is by the area of today's convention center. Not my photo.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 06 2023 :  10:55:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some internet maps shows the trackage now and before in Atlantic City.

Current station with five tracks after exiting the bridge. A bit far from the broadwalk and shore of the Atlantic Ocean. Twelve minute walk.

Earlier map shows the station being closer to the broadwalk. Around 7 minute walk. More tracks with yards being shown. Circa 1940.

Earlier map shows older station closer to the broadwalk. Five minute walk. Also another train station just to the east. Circa 1910.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 25 2023 :  6:28:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

My photos from Friday.

I am at Newark Broad Street Station as I see a GP40H2 unit in Metro North colors.

I get off at Morris Plains New Jersey to visit a fellow model railroader friend.

We visit a model train store in Piscataway New Jersey.

We spend a short time and buy nothing but still a nice visit to a lovely store.

We say goodbye at Mountain Lakes New Jersey since he and his wife have to attend a wedding.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 26 2023 :  12:44:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

After my friend leaves I check out Mountain Lakes New Jersey.

After two hours I take another train to Lake Hopatcong New Jersey.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 26 2023 :  01:32:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I take the train to Dover New Jersey to transfer to another train to Lake Hopatcong New Jersey.

The connection to Lake Hopatcong arrives in Dover.

After getting off at Lake Hopatcong I walk to the depot above the tracks.

No longer a station in use but the depot has been restored for a local historical society for the area.

The tracks are below the station and the staircase is in ruins so no quick walk to the platform from above.

25 minutes later I arrive at the park which overlooks the lake.

Nice hiking trail near me.

A few people are here enjoying the afternoon.

Some people leave since it is getting late in the afternoon.

Some people remain to take in the fresh air.

Beautiful Lake Hopatcong New Jersey.

Looks nice to swim in the lake.

Still a little cold to go in.

Saw some boats out there.

The lake stretches for miles out there.

You spend hours out there on a boat enjoying the scenes.

As the last boat passes by I get ready to leave.

I look at the lake as I walk back to the train station and home.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 06 2023 :  12:41:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I went back to Mountain Lakes New Jersey and its model train store yesterday.

NJ Transit train leaves the station at Mountain Lakes New Jersey.

Looking at the pretty area by the station.

Another NJ Transit train enters Mountain Lakes.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 09 2023 :  4:08:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

More of my photos from last Friday.

Mountain Lakes station looking east.

Mountain Lakes station looking west.

And blocks away is Mountain Lakes itself.

Lake Hopatcong New Jersey a short time later.

Lake Hopatcong depot as I return to the station.

I walk on the bridge to get to the lower level platform.

The bridge I walked on is seen as a westbound train leaves Lake Hopatcong station.

Looking east at Lake Hopatcong New Jersey.

Bridge is due for replacement soon.

Platform needs rehabilitation as well. Both of them.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 09 2023 :  4:26:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Many decades ago Lake Hopatcong station was gorgeous.

Compare the old internet photos to my current photos.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 09 2023 :  9:45:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

There are plans to replace the bridge. Artist renderings.

Perhaps even fix up the parking area and platforms for this nice station area by 2026.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Philadelphia trains Topic Next Topic: Tennessee Valley Railroad  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000