Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Building of the week. (BOTW)
 BOTW May 3 to 9, 2020
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: BOTW May 10th - May 16th , 2020 Topic Next Topic: BOTW April 26 to May 2, 2020  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 03 2020 :  02:00:47 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Close up of a Plasticville house. The simplicity and chunkiness fits well with other
Tyco stuff. I am trying to find a home for it on the new bus layout. I am not much
good at planning on paper, or computer programs worse, I enjoy throwing things
down on a blank "canvas" and seeing how things shape seemingly on their own,
testing it, and adjusting as needed. As discussed with Da Cheez, the layout (meaning
the overhead) has to evolve around the bus, not the other way around. Slashed out a
24 inch by 30 inch slice of plywood, that once working, will be fitted into the open space
and have the scenery brought up around the edges.

Edited by - Chops124 on May 03 2020 02:03:51 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 03 2020 :  09:55:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
Think that's the closest-up view I've ever seem of a Plasticville building.
Looks built to survive a Category fifteen hurricane!

“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 03 2020 :  5:25:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
its called Cape Cod House if you need to find it
AND its the design used for Mister Roger's house in the opening scene
which IF I find one I want it painted like that
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 03 2020 :  7:39:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Think that's the closest-up view I've ever seem of a Plasticville building.
Looks built to survive a Category fifteen hurricane!
Originally posted by southwestforests - May 03 2020 :  09:55:07 AM

More impressively, it was built to survive little hands!

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 04 2020 :  01:58:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I got that little home in a lot of trains I got years ago. It was already assembled not perfectly, but I have no where on my layout for it. Plus, it kind of doesn't fit in the plan...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: BOTW May 10th - May 16th , 2020 Topic Next Topic: BOTW April 26 to May 2, 2020  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000