Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 BigEngines86
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: read train magazines to sounds of thunderstorms Topic Next Topic: Authentic Chili Verde (Green Chile Stew)  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 02 2020 :  3:34:40 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pj1VYiJuTE

Blax pointed this one out, a very funny satirical play on Thomas.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 02 2020 :  6:10:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist

Yes, he's great. No wonder he has so many subscribers. We used to talk back in the day. Hes a bit inactive these days as hes in college. Have you checked out modern railroad?

The thomas shorts are never coming back. While they were great, he wanted to end them. He got sick of making them, as they quickly caught on in the thomas community, leading to a lot of gimmie pigs for more shorts.

He came up with his series, Modern Railroad, in 2015, I came up with mine in 2016. He wants to only be known for modern railroad now, and I completely stand by that decision. Modern railroad is definitely worth a watch.

He is currently redoing episodes 1 and 2 to have the new full voice cast, and is finishing up episode 3. I cant wait for more episodes!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 02 2020 :  6:24:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist

Somewhat inspired by Kyle, I've scratchbuilt my own Ten Cents from TUGS, and I have a Nakayoshi Tom.

He uses these rare toys from the brand "Nakayoshi". They're from japan, and look great. They also have moving rods. They fit somewhat onto HO track.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 02 2020 :  9:42:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I was going to ask you about that, when one of the freight cars
said, "Blax gives us all our names."

I enjoyed Thomas to a point, but the saccharin themes left me
a little fatigued. Yes, it was clever to have the shock value of
the great Ringo Starr and comedian Dangerfield, or was it Carlin,
but it was good only as far as it went.

Modern Engines looks the human condition straight in the
face and puts it to run 8. The comparative roughness of
the set, paper structures, wooden blocks, a hand made
automobile pulled by string, the wafting of the "steam," e.g.,
has a visual integrity that is both approachable and
compelling.

What you have done is not imitative, but has its own
core sensibility. At present, you are shooting delightful
videos on carpet, and make it exciting. Who does that?!

If you decide to go to a scenicked version, I am certain
it will ultimately be Blaxland. I greatly look forward to
you picking up the baton.

Creating something excellent, as RP Model Railroads did with his
two layouts, one a pure Tyco layout, that he refused to lay down
any scenery other than a Tyco tunnel because Tyco didn't make
grass covering or trees. The other was a post Tyco layout where
he allowed the frequent use of Plasticville and AHM. He also
self published a book on the estimable Shark locomotive.

Alas, outside of this small forum, I doubt he ever found much of
a market. Myself, I once wrote a book, a manual of sorts, on
my profession, designed for new people and old people in the
field, and try to find a publisher, try to find your market.

I hope by making reference to Modern Engines he will gain some
much deserved exposure. Did I mention the word "genius?" He
has a keen eye for how people interact.

Edited by - Chops124 on May 02 2020 9:49:41 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 03 2020 :  08:12:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
He didnt say blax, he said Zahk, the little diesel, . I'm going to create a thread for the Blaxland Ridge. Then we can talk about it there. I've never been more moved by somebody's analysis on how I do my modeling. Thank you very much!
  Previous Topic: read train magazines to sounds of thunderstorms Topic Next Topic: Authentic Chili Verde (Green Chile Stew)  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000