Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Catching the Train: 1857, Part 2
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Attack of the Fog Topic Next Topic: Amtrak to Armadilloville  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 11 2020 :  10:14:53 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://youtu.be/dojDZ3EOORk

Same video, shot with different camera, different lighting, different angles,
different editing to see what might be improved. I think overall the
cropping and the clarity is better using this Pixel XL.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 11 2020 :  11:35:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Very nice Jeff. Another view of your video.

Has a nice intro. And a nice backdrop.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 12 2020 :  01:28:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
The look of British steam from that period is appealing.
“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 12 2020 :  11:52:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I agree, SWF, those locomotives were designed not very long after
the introduction of the Rocket and then the Planet, and form the
modern look of the era. I love how they took a functional piece of
machinery and painted it these rich colors with pin striping and
the enormous fenders. The drive wheels were designed for
speed, not torque, and were as tall as 7 feet. I did hear that
they did have traction issues on start up, with longer trains,
sand being routinely needed. Mostly these speed demons
ran on the flat lands, adjacent canals and rivers.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 12 2020 :  3:06:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
quote:
Mostly these speed demons ran on the flat lands, adjacent canals and rivers.
Originally posted by Chops124 - April 12 2020 :  11:52:50 AM

Which brings to mins that those canals have long been an interest but I've not attempted a shelf layout featuring working boats and locks.
Actually, no canal layout at all has been attempted!

But there is a fantasy about a garden railway with a canal feature were I to have a home with a yard ... and the health & income to make use of it.

“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 12 2020 :  4:10:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ooooh, garden layout with a canal. That would be something! A few
gold fish?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Attack of the Fog Topic Next Topic: Amtrak to Armadilloville  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000