Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 MY FINISHED LAYOUT
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: No rest for the wicked. Topic Next Topic: The Circus Comes to Town 1  

kb1857
Switcher

Posted - April 05 2020 :  02:28:10 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add kb1857 to Buddylist
Here is my layout pretty much in its completed form with out ballasting the track but I will proably do that this week sometime.And yes you may notice a couple of my street lights are out of kilter but that/s only because Ive been neglecting the layout since january because I wanted to finish up some projects that have been on my work bench since back last fall.Technically the layout has been done and up running trains since christmas but just got lazy when the weather got colder.For anyone who is new to this forum if you scroll further down this section of the forum you can see how this layout came to be ,where I started from scratch,the struggles I in countered and this is three years to get to this point. This the yard area I had to go in back last summer and redo some track where Id developed a short in a cuppla pieces of old tyco rail that kept my electrical flow from running more than just 8 or ten feet.Also came to find a short in a nice shinohara slip switch that was stopping the juice from flowing,so out it came and replaced it with nice new old stock ahm slip switch that solved my electrical yard issues. This is one of two old santa fe yard towers primered painted chessie yellow slapped decals on and winders in/Always wanted some of these but didnt wanta pay what folks wanted .Got them for$1.50 each. These three buildings are on the other side of a fence outside the yard itself.The house is a funeral parlor,my post office and my village town hall where mayor windy bags is standing out side.My trucking to rail freight house built it out of poster board. the gulf station unfinished till I can find the fuel pumps and the and studabaker amc dealer.The firehall Last one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 78  ~  Member Since: January 30 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 27 2021 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 05 2020 :  10:44:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow, I love it. Lot of stuff going on here, both with trains and
the town scape. Does it have a name?

Good luck with ballast, I think it looks great as is, but then I'm
what you might call a low railer. Anyways, if you can shoot some
video that would be awesome. Please shoot some more pics, she
may be done, but she has much to show from different angles.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 05 2020 :  10:53:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
very nice
I like how you repainted the old Santa Fe lighted watchtowers in Chessie System

did you know A&P is gone as of November 30, 2015?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kb1857
Switcher

Posted - April 05 2020 :  2:55:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kb1857 to Buddylist
Yes it has a name, Alliance, Kentucky a fictious town in the foothills of Kentucky coal country at the bottom of the mountain where the piney pines pine & the paw paws paw.Its a cumilanation of small towns in the south that I remember growing up around.My grandfather was a track foreman and ran a gandy dancer crew laying rail through many small towns just like this from hunington west virgina to greenup kentucky to the kentucky side across from cincinnati ohio.Everyone one of these towns had four or five fill filling stations an a&p and a kroger and a rexall drug which is what my drug store(was a doug's)is with a soda fountain.Many of these towns had a greyhound station in a addition to a train station usually across from each other.A town barber that everybody knew and knew all the gossip.And a funeral parlor parlor in a house(I knew of such a place in south shore ky.)A post office and a village town hall with a mayor elected because he was a windbag who could out talk everybody else and nobody wanted the job.Yea buddy in Alliance Kentucky everybody either works in the mines or for the railroad or gets the heck out of town lol.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 78  ~  Member Since: January 30 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 27 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kb1857
Switcher

Posted - April 05 2020 :  6:33:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kb1857 to Buddylist
Here are some more pics close up some of the layout buildings,Iam working on posting video on here of some of the trains rolling on this trackage,Ive got a camera gizmo that takes video supposidly but I havent used it yet so I cant speak as to the video quality.Chops what kinda software do you use to make those videos you post up on utube?and lay in the music ?.The rexall drug and soda fountain formerly dougs drugs.Be sure with pure!Paul mccallister's texaco,thats paul out in front counting his wad of bills that would choke a horse from his towing business. The hardware store with dr grands painless dentistry upstairs Robert halls clothing where poor folks go that cant afford sears and in this town there is a palsall of em. The peach blossum dinner where mayor windy bags holds his political strategry meetin's thats the mayor's studebaker hawk out front.Wonder where he got the dough for that car?Kenneth ralitliffs grocery bucher shop and ern anders barbershop.Magnolia' stationBack of the Magnolia station platform as folks wait to board the city of lexington as soon as motive power and remainder of the schedule hooks up to her.The strand movie theater now showing wizard of oz and true grit. Ya think I gotta enough Trains?this stuff all runs but where ive got them stacked is where I am gonna put hojo's restuarant and motel. The town n'country tractor and feed store.We service john deere and ford fordson tractors or sell feed for your hogs.Lindsey tv and radio. New chessie three stall engine house,this is much smaller than the one I had on the old layout,got it for $18 bucks already assembled when somebody backed out evil bay auction and I was next up,roof is removable. Closeup shots of post office and townhall.A closeup shot of his honor mayor windy bags smoking a 5 dollar blue ribbon ceegar wondering hows hes gonna explain his studebaker to the voters. A long shot notice the mayors car to the right of village townhall,wonder were he got the dough for that car?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 78  ~  Member Since: January 30 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 27 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: No rest for the wicked. Topic Next Topic: The Circus Comes to Town 1  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000