Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Event: New To Site
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hello Topic Next Topic: The Forum is Back? Amazing!  

Bng1972
Switcher

TexasPacificAvatar

Posted - March 25 2020 :  3:07:51 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see Bng1972's MSN Messenger address  Add Bng1972 to Buddylist
March 2020
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
New To Site
Wednesday, March 25, 2020

I have many inherited Train Cabs, Engines, Parts, Etc.
Would like to try and sell it all. Too much to list.

Brandy Grantland
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1  ~  Member Since: March 25 2020  ~  Last Visit: March 25 2020 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 25 2020 :  3:36:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
kool
but lets use New Topic & not Event button
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 26 2020 :  01:19:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Post under Trading Post. If you can, why not take a photo of different
lots and post them. When you upload pictures, reduce pixelization
to no more than 1000 across.

I'm pretty stocked up myself, but some friendly advice, I've
liquidated three very large model train estates. Ebay is an
expensive hassle, and secondly, model trains, particularly the
older stuff that got bequeathed to you, is really not worth
very much. Sorry, but that is our reality in this day and age
of video games.

I suggest you post lots, under "Trading Post" and take the
best offer, plus shipping you can get. I'm not a buyer, but
I've been a seller. Don't expect much, but thank you for
checking us out.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Crown Vic
Little Six

Posted - March 27 2020 :  12:13:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Crown Vic to Buddylist
quote:
I have many inherited Train Cabs, Engines, Parts, Etc.
Would like to try and sell it all. Too much to list.

Originally posted by Bng1972 - March 25 2020 :  3:07:51 PM

The key thing in ebay selling is to know what you have, and then be patient. Genuinely valuable items will sell themselves. On down the line, other techniques can work.
Cheaper items will sell better in groupings or lots. Use the 'make offer' option as well, sometimes it helps and may even surprise you. Many times I have got offers above what I was asking.
ebay is a very fickle market - you just never know for sure what is going to sell.
I have yet to figure out how this Wuhan Virus scare is affecting buying and selling. I've slowed down to about nothing, just to avoid trips to the PO.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 101  ~  Member Since: June 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Hello Topic Next Topic: The Forum is Back? Amazing!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000