Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Athearn Motive Power & Rolling Stock.
 Kaydee-Athearn
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Athearn USA Topic Next Topic: Athearn BB Switcher, Custom Paint, Fantasy RR  

RioGrandeF9A
Switcher

Posted - October 17 2019 :  11:43:16 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RioGrandeF9A to Buddylist
Have a train that I’m looking for purchase that’s marked Kaydee USA. I was told this by a seller.

This is a Kaydee-Athearn train? Could this be correct? Not familiar with the make.

Thanks

Engines: TYCO HO

Rio Grande Diesel F9A

New Haven Diesel F9A

Burlington Diesel F9A

LIONEL HO

Lionel Rock Island 140 FA1 Diesel
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 79  ~  Member Since: November 20 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 02 2019 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 17 2019 :  3:21:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Maybe this?
https://www.kadee.com/hocc_athearn.htm
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RioGrandeF9A
Switcher

Posted - October 17 2019 :  8:04:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RioGrandeF9A to Buddylist
quote:
Maybe this?
https://www.kadee.com/hocc_athearn.htm

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 17 2019 :  3:21:33 PM

I wonder if he meant Kader Industry. They partnered with Lionel on there second running of HO’s.

Rio Grande Diesel F9A

New Haven Diesel F9A

Burlington Diesel F9A

LIONEL HO

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 79  ~  Member Since: November 20 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 02 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 17 2019 :  10:52:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
We would have to see the listing to make a determination. Kadee does make their own line of HO cars but they are much more detailed than Athearn with separate grab irons and brake detail.
Or if it's a typo KayBee toys had a couple of promotional boxcars I think one was made by Kader industries what we call Bachmann here and one by Mantua.

Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 18 2019 :  10:10:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I had to Google up your M1, from your wish list, Bamos. That
is a really fun looking switcher, and I rode behind a narrow
gauge version- I think it was a Plymouth actually, in Maine
years ago.

I know Top Train has frequently posted some vintage
4 wheel switchers over the years, really drool worthy,
to quote a Tyco ad. I rather doubt he is selling,
however. I would trade a kidney for some of the
vintage pieces he has posted over the years!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RioGrandeF9A
Switcher

Posted - October 19 2019 :  7:30:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RioGrandeF9A to Buddylist
quote:
We would have to see the listing to make a determination. Kadee does make their own line of HO cars but they are much more detailed than Athearn with separate grab irons and brake detail.
Or if it's a typo KayBee toys had a couple of promotional boxcars I think one was made by Kader industries what we call Bachmann here and one by Mantua.

Originally posted by Bamos - October 17 2019 :  10:52:58 PM

Thanks Bill

Rio Grande Diesel F9A

New Haven Diesel F9A

Burlington Diesel F9A

LIONEL HO

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 79  ~  Member Since: November 20 2013  ~  Last Visit: November 02 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 19 2019 :  11:55:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
If I was to start over, I'd exclusively use Kadee cars. I had
one, paid an arm and leg for it, about $35, but I was
amazed at the tracking and smooth rolling action of
the car. Then it got melted in the trunk of my car.
Back to Tyco.

RioGrandeF9A
Switcher

Posted - October 21 2019 :  7:08:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RioGrandeF9A to Buddylist
quote:
If I was to start over, I'd exclusively use Kadee cars. I had
one, paid an arm and leg for it, about $35, but I was
amazed at the tracking and smooth rolling action of
the car. Then it got melted in the trunk of my car.
Back to Tyco.

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 19 2019 :  11:55:22 PM

LOL

Rio Grande Diesel F9A

New Haven Diesel F9A

Burlington Diesel F9A

LIONEL HO

Previous Topic: Athearn USA Topic Next Topic: Athearn BB Switcher, Custom Paint, Fantasy RR  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000