Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 BlaxlandAlex3
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Howdy Topic Next Topic: old but new  

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 15 2019 :  5:46:45 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Hello!

My names Alex, but you can call me Blax.

Or Alex, that works too

I'm one of those all - around model railroad guys teens where just about anything goes. I personally like Mantua, and newer Bmanns. Rivs are cool too. I like detailing and working on my engines more than running them, and I have no interest in doing a layout just yet.

I am in the process of filming a model railroad series that I have been working on for over 3 years now. "The Blaxland Ridge Railroad" Is going to be out on Youtube hopefully by 2020. I will be making a separate topic that goes more in-depth about my series, if you have questions about it PM me or ask in that thread, whenever I make it .

I am a very cheap guy. You won't see me going "I got a nice deal on a 70's Mantua Shifter for $30!" You might see me saying "I got a great deal for a 70's Mantua Shifter for $15, Shipping and cars included." I manage to pick out the best deals Train shows are my favorite, I love getting junk, and restoring it to running condition.

I am 13, and my parents are not always comfortable with people they don't know sending me stuff for free. This is understandable, and I am willing to pay a few bucks for you to list something on eBay and then for me to buy it through there than just sending it in the mail, even if it is free.

Also you may want to know, I'm CRAZY about Jupiter... Love that guy..

I've also got a thing for MRC/ Model Power "Boosters" and Rivarossi Docksiders.

I hope you enjoy reading my content and I look forward to making some new friends!

Till' Then!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 15 2019 :  7:43:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Hey, Alex! Welcome to the forum and the hobby! Walt
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - October 15 2019 :  7:46:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Welcome to the group Alex, always good to get some young bloods into the hobby. You can do a lot in this hobby with a small amount of money if you're careful. The point is to have fun and enjoy it your way. Don't let anyone tell you you're doing it wrong. Sure there are correct ways to get things to work but having fun is the key. I started my current layout with my two sons and now they are grown and moved on to other things in their life and that's just fine. Maybe one day they will take it up again. Me, I like building structures and creating scenes, the trains themselves are not my focus. Like I said, each of us do things our own way. Interested to see your work.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 15 2019 :  9:06:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Welcome to the TF, Alex! I am 17 years old, so it's awesome to meet yet another train-crazy teen. I find it interesting that you are more interested in detailing your locomotives as opposed to operating them - have you tinkered with weathering yet?

Personally, I prefer collecting anything and everything Tyco....to preserve in operating condition - the focus of my RETRO TYCO II layout. However, I also enjoy serious model railroading in the DC world, which drives my work on the Ephrata Valley Railroad: a 4' x 4' autumn-themed layout. My website for it can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/ephratavalleyrailroad/

Good luck on starting your YouTube channel! I also enjoy shooting and assembling videos of my trains; in fact, my YouTube channel "RP Model Railroads" is my current method of sharing my work. I hope to reach 100 subscribers at least, but I'm a long way off.

Can't wait to see more of your trains on the TF!

RP Model Railroads (Rob)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - October 16 2019 :  07:17:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Thank you all for your kind words!

I do have a YouTube channel, but the stuff on it is garbage. I have improved a lot over the course of a year since I last posted. I'll give out the link to it when I'm ready!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - October 16 2019 :  1:44:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
Welcome to the forum!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Howdy Topic Next Topic: old but new  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000