Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 value of red box era General set?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Uncataloged Tyco Pickle Set Advertisement Topic Next Topic: Tyco A-Team Train Set / Slot Van IN ACTION!  

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - June 15 2019 :  10:45:33 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
I know of a red box era W&ARR General set for sale, with the set box. Fairly complete, headlight on the General is missing, but I didnt dig around to see if its there somewhere. Set was priced $150. Not sure if thats a bit strong or not. Normally this shops pricing is pretty fair on stuff. I know the owner has a boxed, nearly new Petticoat Junction set, but he has yet to let it go up for sale in the shop.
Still NT's, I have Aspergers.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 16 2019 :  01:24:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I saw one up on eBay, used, in box, complete. Was being peddled
at 1 K. Very cool, yes, but way out of my depth.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - June 16 2019 :  10:26:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
I just stumbled upon that set, its the wrong side of the country from what I want to model, but was a nice early set none the less. I am more looking for the Iron Horse 4-6-0 boxed set, the ATSF 4-6-0 set ect. I hope to eventually have all the 4-6-0 powered sets, along with most of the 1860 era rolling stock that is western roads. I might have grabbed that set if I had the $150 in my budget. Right now I am on the hunt for a boxed 4-8-0 in the orange/silver DRG colors.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 16 2019 :  10:33:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
$150 is a good price...but not a deal, in my opinion. However, "Red Box" stuff can go quite high sometimes, considering its age, etc.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - June 16 2019 :  11:24:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
The set is on my list at the moment as it might be a better choice for my small portable layout. The layout has 15" radius curves, and I am not sure if the Dixie Belle or the 4-8-0 old timers will go around that ok. I know the little General will. My layout also has a nice green grass mat on it and I would rather not have to remove it to model western scenery. So a Civil War layout set in the south might be better as there is plenty of green grass in the south! Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 16 2019 :  12:54:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is fantastic you collected so many sets. I have a Mantua Mastadon,
think its a later re-pop, and I'm not positive, but I do believe that it
has blind inside drivers and would take a 15". Hey, I don't want to
step on your thread, but take a peak at "Hartes Mill" on the forum.

If you happen to need authentic Ye Olde Wyld Weste Dyrt, let me
know. I live in El Paso and can send you a however much you
would want at the cost of shipping. I could stick an old book
in it, and send it at the media rate.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - June 16 2019 :  6:31:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
You misunderstood, I hope to collect those sets. Only Tyco I have right now is a couple locomotives like the ones I owned when I was a young boy. Getting back into Tyco again, this time with wild west/civil war trains

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - June 16 2019 :  7:14:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
For the General $120-$150 is a fair price.
For the petticoat that could be $300+
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 16 2019 :  9:01:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
the Tyco Civil War stuff did come out on or just before the 100th Anniversary of the Civil War
now its been 150+ years hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - June 16 2019 :  10:36:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
Did the red box era run/pull well or do the later Mantua ones with twin traction tires pull better. Would like her to handle a couple passenger coaches and a couple of the period box cars on the rear. Didnt the early version lack any traction tires?
  Previous Topic: Uncataloged Tyco Pickle Set Advertisement Topic Next Topic: Tyco A-Team Train Set / Slot Van IN ACTION!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000