Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Ephrata Valley Railroad UPDATES
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The New Green Light RR Topic Next Topic: Ephrata Valley RR
Page: of 5

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 01 2021 :  10:15:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
May I present....

The Iconic Locomotives of the Pennsy

This digitally-enhanced photo I consider one of my best, since it showcases my 3 favorite locomotives of all time from my favorite railroad of all time (the K4, GG1, and RF-16 "Shark.")

Enjoy!

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on February 01 2021 10:16:33 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - February 01 2021 :  12:07:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
The GG1, sharknose, and K-4 are very iconic indeed!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 01 2021 :  1:44:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
what you needs is one of these old tankers

Goode

Tootsietoy

Shell?

Texaco?

hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 01 2021 :  1:47:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Those are nice, Busss. Who made that?

Who, that's off that classic PRR public relations photo. Nice!!!

Edited by - Chops124 on February 01 2021 1:57:36 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 08 2021 :  10:02:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks Chops!

BIG NEWS. So, a box arrived in the mail today, with the Anderson Lines symbol on the side....

and inside was the following - to soon become the first official locomotives and cars of the Ephrata Valley Railroad!!! Stay tuned tomorrow for more.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 09 2021 :  11:57:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Those are nice, Busss. Who made that?
Originally posted by Chops124 - February 01 2021 :  1:47:49 PM

who made them is above the pix
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 09 2021 :  2:40:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Tootsie Toy, duh! Love those old pieces.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 09 2021 :  3:51:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Tootsie Toy, duh! Love those old pieces.

Originally posted by Chops124 - February 09 2021 :  2:40:06 PM

the other is a Goode

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 09 2021 :  6:33:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Maybe I should invest in some Tootsie-Toy trucks, but on second thought, I much rather prefer the plastic ones.

Today, I got the Ephrata Valley F9 running, on MU-2 power! I also finished off the caboose!

The first Ephrata Valley Railroad freight train! Thanks, Aaron, for your hard work and for making all this possible.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 09 2021 :  9:07:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Interesting equipment.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5842  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 09 2021 :  9:30:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Itsa peach!

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - February 09 2021 :  9:46:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
No problem RP! I look forward to seeing this old beauty pulling freight in a future video. And if one comes up at the right price, we might have to collaborate on the B-unit. That would be cool...
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 09 2021 :  10:20:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
No problem RP! I look forward to seeing this old beauty pulling freight in a future video. And if one comes up at the right price, we might have to collaborate on the B-unit. That would be cool...

Originally posted by A-A-RON-February 09 2021: 9:46:02 PM

I already have been having fun running it! A B-unit sounds like a great idea. I'm in.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 12 2021 :  11:07:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
So, I'll be making a lot of changes this year to the EVRR. Below are my 2021 plans.

In simple terms, the Ephrata Fire Department will be getting a new firehouse, the drab wooden house next to it will either become a junkyard scene or garage, the balsa wood set of stores will be replaced with "Al's General Store" and a small gas station behind it. The little park scene by the Schuylkill Valley Station will be moved into the trees a little bit more, to make room for a small Water Tower. The white house next to town hall will become a convenience store or restaurant of some kind probably, and police cars will be put alongside the right side of town hall.

I will also be removing the rock wall and trees in the back, and replace it with a foam backdrop, that will be carved and painted to look like rock.

These are 2021 plans for the EVRR - so I'm not rushing this, but this is my goal for the layout this year!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 13 2021 :  09:48:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
if you get Al's General Store
try to get the old one with the REAL signs
the new one with the generic signs looks cheap

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 13 2021 :  9:51:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
if you get Al's General Store
try to get the old one with the REAL signs
the new one with the generic signs looks cheap

Originally posted by microbusss-February 13 2021: 09:48:10 AM

Good thinking, and I agree.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 14 2021 :  12:27:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I'm going to miss that old white house, it looks so Pennsylvania! But
progress can't be stopped.

And no, I don't want to buy it, I have absolutely no place to fit one more thing!!!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 14 2021 :  07:59:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
I'm going to miss that old white house, it looks so Pennsylvania! But
progress can't be stopped.

And no, I don't want to buy it, I have absolutely no place to fit one more thing!!!

Originally posted by Chops124-February 14 2021: 12:27:53 AM

Me too, in a way, since I haven't really touched the town for the years since I "finished" it, but it has to go.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 17 2021 :  8:40:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
COMING SOON TO THE EPHRATA VALLEY RR. Stay tuned.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 28 2021 :  9:54:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Well, came out looking different from the rendering, but I like it. I never attempted anything this detailed before.

What I learned was, I should have glossed the locomotive before applying the decals, as the film of all the decals is showing, not to mention they come off very easily, due to the flat paint surface of the locomotive. Next time, I'll make sure to do this when decaling a locomotive.

I do have plans to remove the decals in the future, however, to replace them with the same stickers used by Aaron on the other custom pieces for the Ephrata Valley Railroad. Won't be that realistic, but it will look much better than the decals, and will match.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 28 2021 :  10:37:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Definitely has a look. I would have thought to seal the decals
after they were applied, myself, too.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 01 2021 :  9:45:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Definitely has a look. I would have thought to seal the decals
after they were applied, myself, too.

Originally posted by Chops124-February 28 2021: 10:37:24 PM

Yeah, should've glossed the Mogul first. Ah well, you live and learn. The stickers should fix the problem though, and it will then match the rest of the Ephrata Valley RR roster.

Update: I did buy this new sealed Model Power Fire Station kit, for like under 15 bucks. This will be the new Ephrata Fire Department....eventually.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 01 2021 :  11:00:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Colorful equipment. Look forward to your updates.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5842  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 02 2021 :  12:25:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ah you should of asked me
I have one!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 02 2021 :  9:28:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks wks!

Didn't think...

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 02 2021 :  10:28:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks wks!

Didn't think...

Originally posted by RP model railroads - March 02 2021 :  9:28:15 PM

I didn't know you needed one anyway

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 05 2021 :  9:08:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Replaced the decals on the Mogul with the "vinyl lettering," as it is officially known. Looks so much better.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 08 2021 :  08:54:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
The Ephrata Valley RR Tycoon has approved the final rendering of the railroad's new 4-6-2 "Pacific" steam locomotive, made by Tyco Mantua. This time, I'm sticking strictly to this plan.

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - March 08 2021 :  09:44:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
That's going to look great!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 21 2021 :  8:09:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thank you, Erik!

Well, the 4-6-2 came out of the paint shops looking a little different than the rendering, but the Tycoon was pleased. Ephrata Valley RR 4-6-2 Pacific #56 is now in service! My latest Ephrata Valley custom project has been finished. Enjoy!

Edited by - RP model railroads on March 21 2021 8:10:31 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 01 2021 :  08:47:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Hope you guys enjoy this longer update video of recent updates to the Ephrata Valley Railroad, including custom locomotives and train cars. Special thanks to Aaron Anderson for his awesome work and inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOfJjB1Wm1w

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 01 2021 :  09:59:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Thanks RP! I can't wait until you see some of the new engines for the EVRR. The GP20 is going to look incredible on your layout.
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 01 2021 :  10:34:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
An ongoing example that a layout does not need to be
ginormous to be amazing. Someday I might downsize
Armadilloville in a like manner to EVRR.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 01 2021 :  10:58:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
see IF you bought mine you would of gotten everything!
directions & the curtain, sign & posters sheet
even the plastic window sheet as well

Edited by - microbusss on April 01 2021 10:58:56 AM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 01 2021 :  9:12:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Aaron - Can't wait either! The Anderson Shops has quite a good business partnership with the Ephrata Valley RR Tycoon.

Chops - really appreciate that! It is just so awesome to be not only running custom Ephrata Valley RR locomotives, but also to be successful at making my very own custom locomotives, for my 4'x4' I've been working on now for 6 years. That would be epic, but Armadilloville looks very good in 4'x8'.

Busss, true

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 02 2021 :  12:21:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
besides I didn't know you needed one

tho if anyone needs the MP fire station shoot me a PM hehe

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 12 2021 :  9:04:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
So, one of my old MRC copper powerpacks/transformers, which controlled the outer line on the EVRR, finally went kablooey. I noticed a significant difference in the speed of my locomotives recently, and upon trying a standard "train-set" powerpack in its place, the trains ran fine. Sure enough, after fully removing the MRC transformer, it sounded like a maraca when I picked it up.....I installed a Life-Like blue powerpack in its place for now.

Soon after, I found a newer MRC 280 dual powerpack at a great price, so I can't wait for it to arrive and then install it, also replacing the other copper MRC powerpack that controls the inner line, in the process. I'm sure it will provide for better operations.

By the way, here's an overview shot of the layout now, after some changes/additions. More details to come.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 15 2021 :  9:28:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4gvptJtQP0&t=10s

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 17 2021 :  9:05:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
So, here's the new - old - powerpack for the EVRR. A MRC 280 dual control transformer. It does a good job at helping older engines like Mantua diecast steamers run better, and will serve the Tycoon for years to come.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 17 2021 :  10:28:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I, too, have found that the the 1 amp MRC transformer has
considerable "ooomph" than the 1/2 amp of the toy Tyco
transformers.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 18 2021 :  01:11:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
The Tyco transformers will only light about 10 light ups before losing a lot of power. Glad I found out about the Ripmax power box
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - May 26 2022 :  2:46:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Hmm, I should maybe look into a stronger power pack myself, might help mitigate the power loss problem I have from track refusing to get and stay clean.

What amperage is the Bachmann model 6607 power pack (which is what I use)?

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic: The New Green Light RR Topic Next Topic: Ephrata Valley RR  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000