Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 US-1 Spare Parts - Ideas Exchange
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Did Tyco make HO-Scale trees? Topic Next Topic: US-1 Trucking - chassis differences  

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - July 03 2018 :  08:46:08 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
I am sure that we have all seen the folks doing replica pick ups and replacement tires, but I was very pleased to find that the TCR Jam Car Motor is a direct replacement for the US-1 Motor.

This is Part 3261-5 - Motor With Worm Gear.

Slot car spares people over the this side of pond are selling these for as little as 4 GBP each! I guess not many folk run TCR these days!

The red worm that is fitted already prises off easily and an old Tyco worm from your burnt out motor slides on just as easliy and there you are! It snuggles between the contacts and clips in just the same as the original, but you need to get it the right way up or the car will work opposite to all your other trucks...

Now, can anyone point me in the direction of a US-1 gear wheel? I just need one from the rear axle as I have one that is badly worn! Happy to pay the postage to our little Island and even buy an otherwise trashed chassis to get it!

James

Edited by - Highwayman97 on July 03 2018 11:57:01 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator 

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - July 04 2018 :  11:35:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
Thought I would post an image to support the above.

The image shows a US-1 chassis that has been fitted with one the motors, with a US-1 Worm now replacing the original red one. You may note that I have written TCR in silver on the weight to help me ID it, as it would otherwise be hard to spot now that it has been fitted.

Alongoside is a sealed unopened TCR Jam Car motor that is still in the packet.

James

Edited by - Highwayman97 on July 04 2018 11:37:39 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Did Tyco make HO-Scale trees? Topic Next Topic: US-1 Trucking - chassis differences  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000