Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 42 ]  [ Total: 42 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Grand Stand
 SCOTW - June 24 to June 30, 2018
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Control Topic Next Topic: Slot Car/Truck OF THE WEEK?  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 24 2018 :  7:44:17 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Ok, posting in this new addition, I have plenty of cars ( and trucks ) to post. Lets see, what shall I share today....

Hmmm...

How about a truck this time, nice Aurora billboard? Yeah, that's the ticket!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 25 2018 :  01:53:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A rather interesting piece- the air shield is abbreviated, yes,
and the chromey fuel tanks disproportionally large. Rather
like it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 25 2018 :  06:37:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Here's my SCOTW offering:

The Tyco "ROADWAY" tractor-trailer, seen here on RETRO TYCO's slot track. The baby-blue Peterbilt truck was modified to pull a trailer, and has received 4 brand new tires already - while plans are in place to give this truck new pick-up shoes as well.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 25 2018 :  08:00:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Interesting variant. No air shield, tiny fuel tank that almost
looks like an afterthought. What is the gray thing
sticking down below the "OA"? Looks like a landing gear,
but it appears to be like a pole, touching the track.

Also where are you getting tires, and what size are they?
I'm probably going to need some.

Ah, for the days when diesel was like 35 cents a gallon
and emissions and aerodynamics were of no concern
whatever.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 25 2018 08:02:35 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 25 2018 :  10:12:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks Chops! The "gray thing" is indeed landing gear, however, while the photo may distort its appearance,
it is not a pole, but rather Tyco's version of a landing gear jack. Here's a better photo of it on a similar Tyco slot trailer (Photo Courtesy of PicClick)

I obtained Tyco US1 trucking tires in a lot of 16 from this Ebay seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TYCO-US-1-Trucking-silicone-tires-16-piece-Lot-460-mounted-HO-slot-car/282034169814?epid=503060907&hash=item41aa8be7d6:g:RU8AAOSwWntXMn1u

^^ By the way, I totally recommend this seller as both the tires and the way in which they were shipped, was 100% satisfying!! Great Seller.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 26 2018 :  12:19:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Here's a Tyco Chaparral I modified a few years ago to resemble a race car from an old video game. I never did get around to fitting it with glass...

Edited by - DaCheez on June 26 2018 12:20:44 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 26 2018 :  6:24:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I add to this one an AFX State Police Car with operating roof lights...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Control Topic Next Topic: Slot Car/Truck OF THE WEEK?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000