Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 23 ]  [ Total: 23 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Grand Stand
 Slot Car/Truck OF THE WEEK?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: SCOTW - June 24 to June 30, 2018 Topic Next Topic: Slip, sliding away...  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 07 2018 :  10:10:24 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Being a newbie at Tyco slot cars, I have come to fondly appreciate these electric race cars/trucks of the past....and would love to see others' slot vehicle collections or beginnings.

Therefore, I would like to propose that under "The Grand Stand," Tyco Forum members create a Slot Car/Truck OF THE WEEK thread to share any slot vehicles from any manufacturer, that either members own or would like to obtain. Slot Car/Truck OF THE WEEK would provide slot car/truck pros with the opportunity to share their knowledge/collections, as well as beginners to both learn of the best types of slot vehicles and/or share their budding collections.

OR, instead of limiting the OF THE WEEK thread to just slot vehicles, perhaps we could open it up to "Anything Slot" OF THE WEEK, where slot cars/trucks, accessories, and operating structures are shareable?

What do you guys think? Would this be successful??

Thanks,

-Robert

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 08 2018 :  11:12:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Don't ask me, I couldn't sell umbrellas if it was raining!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 08 2018 :  12:00:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Don't ask me, I couldn't sell umbrellas if it was raining!!

Originally posted by Chops124 - June 08 2018 :  11:12:21 AM

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 09 2018 :  06:36:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Anyone believe this would be successful?

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - June 10 2018 :  10:15:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
Hello RP,

Sorry not to have replied earlier. Been busy! Thanks for trying.

I am not sure that the support exists this Forum, but please go for it if you wish. I will do my best to support it.

It seems to me from my own experience of posting is that either a topic catches fire or it simply doesn't.

My own interet is in slot car roadway systems as an adjunct to trains, which makes me an outsider everywhere, even in railroad and slot car forums!

I am learning a lot from observing posts on slot racing and slot racing cars, which is outside my own comfort zone!

James

Edited by - Highwayman97 on June 10 2018 10:19:04 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 10 2018 :  10:52:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I agree that it is a good idea RP! However I may be one of the very few on here who has slot cars and trains. At that I only have purchased maybe 12 so far.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 10 2018 :  8:17:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
What?! All this talk and no posting? OK, here's mine. I have PLENTY of slot cars, Tyco and otherwise. Getting to them to take pics of them is another story, but luckily I have some past pics of them stored on the PC. Here's my SCOTW contribution to kick this idea off....

Jerry

Of course, my first car is going to be a TycoPro Gremlin. Ok, guys, lets see how many of you REALLY have slot cars. LOL

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 11 2018 :  03:18:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Gotta love a Gremlin- seriously, my dream car. That and a Dodge Mirada. Anyhow, what's up with the
front wheels? They look like they are supposed to do something, what with their inset hubs.
Also, what is this, and how did it essentially work?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 11 2018 :  09:07:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Those are speed controllers, Chops... slow to fast as you go thru the gears. I haven’t
Had a chance to ever use one...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 11 2018 :  9:11:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
My First SCOTW offering:

WooHOO! So glad to see this idea take shape!

My offering is a photo of my very first Tyco slot vehicle - this awesome Black Peterbilt with flame detailing.

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - June 12 2018 :  5:02:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
RP,

That is a lovely model. The cab was the same moulding as used on US-1, but the fifth wheel molding wasn't...

Thought you might like to see a little brother for it.....

This is from the Ideal Knight Rider set. It never had a trailer. It was a race and chase set that allows two cars to run under independant control on the same track (half wave). Faller and Rasant offered cars with this feature too.

James

Edited by - Highwayman97 on June 12 2018 6:18:57 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 128  ~  Member Since: December 10 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 13 2018 :  10:58:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I'll jump in! Here's one of my favourite slotcars that I own. If I remember correctly it's a Plymouth Satellite sitting on a Tyco Curvehugger chassis.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - June 13 2018 :  11:02:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
Wow!

I have been seeking one of those, to mount on a US-1 chassis. The same body was used for the US-1 Police Car, but without the hot rod engine!

James

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 13 2018 :  3:53:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That Plymouth looks, how do the kids say it? "Sick." Or as we used to say,
"Wizard." Or, after wizard, came "Tubular Awesome." From Highway
Man, I take it this would be a Tyco piece?

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 14 2018 :  11:59:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I never knew US-1 included anything but trucks; interesting bit of info!

Chops, I think the youthful word to describe the Plymouth is "lit", which seems appropriate for a fire chief's car... And yes, it is a Tyco!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - June 14 2018 :  12:36:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
RP,

You might want to check this out......

http://tycotrain.tripod.com/tycous1trucking/

It is worth exploring!

James

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 14 2018 :  8:00:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Interesting link James.....I already stumbled across this, but will bookmark it now for future exploration!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 15 2018 :  10:29:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Plinked away a little at the USA 1 installation. Tried to repaint the black sections to
correspond better with the concrete colored Tyco USA 1 sections. Looks like I'll
need to paint them over again.

Thinking of removing the curved passing siding below the road network as I don't
really use it that much, and is more of a hindrance than anything. Perhaps a
mountain can be built up around the USA1, but I don't want to diminish the
Twin Peaks.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 16 2018 :  06:29:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Wow!! Looks like progress is coming along nicely, Chops! And, great slot car contributions this first week everyone - I look forward to the next SCOTW.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 16 2018 :  08:53:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey Chops went Australian with the US-1 set
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Highwayman97
Little Six

Posted - June 17 2018 :  05:05:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Highwayman97 to Buddylist
Chops,

That is a great layout. Love the way the Highway has been fitted in.

If it is any consolation, it is a very hard color to match. It is a browny sort of gray. I have go to do my 12" radius curves again too...

Edited by - Highwayman97 on June 17 2018 05:07:04 AM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 17 2018 :  3:50:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Time to make this look official.

SCOTW: June 17th - June 23rd, 2018

A staple of Tyco US1 trucking - the dump truck. Here, my lime green dump truck is seen on the slot track of the RETRO TYCO layout.

Previous Topic: SCOTW - June 24 to June 30, 2018 Topic Next Topic: Slip, sliding away...  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 2.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000