Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 Did Tyco make HO-Scale trees?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How much is the Tractor Loader Accessory worth? Topic Next Topic: US-1 Spare Parts - Ideas Exchange  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 02 2018 :  9:18:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist

Image credit to Ebay seller

Did Tyco really make trees for model railroads? If so, are they hard to find????

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 02 2018 :  9:27:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A most interesting Tyconic question. I really have not a clue.
Love to know!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - May 02 2018 :  10:00:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
I do not believe so
I do know they reissued MRC Powerpacks

The crossing Gate was originally based on a Revel design

The closest TYCO did was the Scenic Boards

Lionel HO sold Lifelike products and Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - May 02 2018 :  10:01:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
I do not believe so. Tyco wasn't really into scenery products like grass and trees.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 02 2018 :  11:19:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Okay, that's what I thought. Thank you all for confirming.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 03 2018 :  10:34:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
No Tyco trees were made. Life-Like made many different ones and Bachman has nice ones now. Not sure how far Bachman trees date back...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 03 2018 :  2:41:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Hmmmm....just wondering, what are these trees then? Are they Tyco "Slot Car" accessories....or merely plastic trees that this seller thought matched Tyco slot car stuff??

Image credit to Ebay seller

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 04 2018 :  12:42:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Oh my, those trees are crazy.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 09 2019 :  10:26:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:
No Tyco trees were made. Life-Like made many different ones and Bachman has nice ones now. Not sure how far Bachman trees date back...

Originally posted by walt - May 03 2018 :  10:34:03 AM

I know Bachmann used to have crappy Plasticville "trees," maybe dating back to the 50s or 60s.

Then in 1978-1979 Bachmann started their own line of model railroad landscaping products...

Closest I know TYCO ever did for landscaping was the elusive "decorated layout mat" and a plain green grass variation, to be used with their "Layout Expander System." I suspect if they were even made, they did not sell well, as most consumers and modelers most likely preferred to do their own landscaping, and thus would look more realistic. I can't blame them; using AHM "See-nicks," Life-Like and Woodland Scenics landscaping materials back then would've definitely looked better than TYCO's "decorated layout mat." I DO know the Layout Expander System manuals provide some tips and information for landscaping, mentioning that such materials can be found in hobby stores.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 10 2019 :  12:16:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I'm not sure who produced those trees, RP. I think Plasticville made some corny looking trees and obviously more than one company did...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 10 2019 :  10:06:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Yeah, I was just wondering, since most of the other HO manufacturers at that time (such as LifeLike) had a line of scenery products - whether they were realistic or not. It's a shame Tyco never made any trees for their train sets....

But, perhaps if I do some digging, I will find some of Tyco's Super Blocks trees! It seems they, much like Lego, made trees to go along with their building block sets -- these would be perfect for RETRO TYCO.

(Photo credit to HO-Scale Trains Resource)

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 10 2019 :  10:35:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Yeah, I was just wondering, since most of the other HO manufacturers at that time (such as LifeLike) had a line of scenery products - whether they were realistic or not. It's a shame Tyco never made any trees for their train sets....

But, perhaps if I do some digging, I will find some of Tyco's Super Blocks trees! It seems they, much like Lego, made trees to go along with their building block sets -- these would be perfect for RETRO TYCO.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - April 10 2019 :  10:06:20 AM

when I got those I found out the Tyco bricks were a brick & a half bigger than Lego bricks

I like the funny & odd trees though

Edited by - microbusss on April 10 2019 10:43:48 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 10 2019 :  5:02:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by RP model railroads - April 10 2019 :  10:06:20 AM

when I got those I found out the Tyco bricks were a brick & a half bigger than Lego bricks

I like the funny & odd trees though

Originally posted by microbusss - April 10 2019 :  10:35:20 AM

Do you, by chance, have any of those Tyco Super Blocks trees, busss? Trade?

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 11 2019 :  3:08:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
nopes Sold them long time ago
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 11 2019 :  7:08:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 12 2019 :  1:15:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I likes the funny trees
even though they are so not to scale & prototypical

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 12 2019 :  10:27:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
I likes the funny trees
even though they are so not to scale & prototypical

Originally posted by microbusss - April 12 2019 :  1:15:48 PM

That's what makes 'em awesome.

Previous Topic: How much is the Tractor Loader Accessory worth? Topic Next Topic: US-1 Spare Parts - Ideas Exchange  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000