Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 24 ]  [ Total: 24 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 The new Bachmann 2018 catalog is here!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic:  Topic Next Topic: All Scale Rails  Issue #18  January / February  20  

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - February 18 2018 :  4:31:00 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
I was working on this but I accidentally closed the tab (as Chrome has the closing "X" button took up half the tab!) and I was going to go over what was new, but now I'm just sharing the link.

http://resources.bachmanntrains.com/bachmann2018/html5/index.html?page=1

UPDATE: I'm going to try again at saying what's new. Bachmann has brought out some new HO-scale train sets, such as a Ringling Bros. passenger train and the "North Pole Express" (basically their version of the Polar Express), along with bringing back the "Challenger" starter set (complete with Union Pacific F9 diesel.) The long-awaited ACS-64 HO-scale electric locomotive comes out in a few months, equipped with a super-deluxe DCC sound package (not just the usual motor, horn and bell, but also coupler clanks, train crew chatter, etc.) available in Amtrak and SEPTA roadnames. Bachmann is even bringing the Amfleet cars back into production, but for now they're only in the modern Phase IVB scheme, as that's what the ACS-64 locomotives typically pull. The Amfleet cars are going to sell at $89.99 each. Ouch! (I'm betting the tooling will be identical to the Amfleet cars Bachmann made until several years back, just with the current paint scheme.) Bachmann is also now making a sound-equipped version of their DCC SP Daylight 4-8-4 steam locomotive (a staple of Bachmann's train line since 1979!), along with new 85' smooth-sided 40s-style streamline coaches and observation cars fo it to pull, or any other 40s/50s-style streamliners from the B&O, PRR, Union Pacific, etc. Bachmann also now makes a F.R.E.D. unit (the flashing light seen on the last car of a freight train) that's available either as part of a 50' boxcar, or as a separate track-powered replacement truck that can be installed on an existing piece of rolling stock. They also now have a couple of E-Z Track siding sets, consisting of a right-hand turnout that goes to a 40'" siding (in steel-alloy track, phooey) and including a freight car and a Plasticville railroad building kit. I've always found train set expansion packs like those very interesting; Life-Like used to make a few of them.
Many Bachmann classics are still available like the DeWitt Clinton and Overland Limited train sets, their 2-6-2 and 0-6-0 and old-time steam engines, GP40 and GP50 and SD40-2 and F7 and DD40AX diesels, their various passenger and freight cars (some of the freight cars still have older photos from the mid-90s depicting them with X2F couplers!), the blinking bridge and dual crossing gates, steam whistle warehouse and blinking oil tank, and the Plasticville building kits and scenic accessories.
I noticed though that they have discontinued the Chuggington line (probably since the show ended a while back), and they are apparently discontinuing the E60CP Amtrak electric locomotive (another long-runner in Bachmann's train line since the late 70s) probably because Amtrak retired the real thing 15 years ago (not unlike when Bachmann discontinued the HHP-8 electric locomotive a couple years back due to Amtrak retiring their real ones in favor of the ACS-64.)
On the N-scale side, there isn't much new stuff though, except for a new Christmas train set.

So yeah, there are a couple things in the catalog I'll probably end up buying, as expected (probably one of those 40' Santa Fe map-side boxcars!)

Edited by - wiley209 on February 18 2018 5:10:59 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 19 2018 :  11:57:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
wow!
no Chuggington in that catalog
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic:  Topic Next Topic: All Scale Rails  Issue #18  January / February  20  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000