Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 LOOKING FOR Intact Tyco GP20 shell - Please Read.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Looking for an AHM shell for GP18 Topic Next Topic: A few pieces of Gilbert HO  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 17 2018 :  5:50:07 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Good evening everyone,

Recently, I won an Ebay auction at a good price....including a Tyco EARLY "Brown Box Era" Union Pacific GP20, similiar to the one pictured below-

However, despite the fact that the motor works well and the shell has a full set of handrails....the lower mini stepladder on the rear of the shell is chipped. :( :(

So, I wanted to inquire if anyone aboard the Tyco forum would be interested in Trading a Tyco GP20 locomotive shell in good cosmetic condition (handrails preferred, but if not, I would still be interested), in any roadname??? I like the Union Pacific, red Burlington, ICG or IC, New York Central, or Reading the best, but again, I wouldn't mind any roadname.

Horns and Bell are preferred, but if not available, I have replacements of my own. :)

What I have to trade- besides the items already available under the Trading Post, I also would be willing to trade an Alco C630 handrail set, Alco C630 "Red Box era" powered trucks, shells for parts, track, or powerpacks.

I have a Penn Central F7/F9 dummy in good shape too, that I'm interested in trading eventually.....

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - February 17 2018 :  8:24:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Can you show a pic of the chipped step? A simple transplant might work...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 17 2018 :  10:07:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Sure, here's a photo:

I don't think that this break could be rectified with a transplant...although I did personally consider it too...:(

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - February 17 2018 :  10:22:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
I need a couple of numberboards myself
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

WillV
Switcher

Streak

Posted - February 17 2018 :  11:55:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add WillV to Buddylist
I have a Tyco fantasy road name CHATTANOOGA GP20 body shell

It's missing a motor but the body is excellent.

William L Vanderburg
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 98  ~  Member Since: February 27 2016  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 18 2018 :  5:41:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Well, I am mostly interested in the real road name shells....but if no one else makes me an offer to trade a GP20 shell, then I will PM you by Monday night, as I am interested in the Chattanooga shell.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

WillV
Switcher

Streak

Posted - February 18 2018 :  9:26:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add WillV to Buddylist
sure

William L Vanderburg
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 98  ~  Member Since: February 27 2016  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 22 2018 :  10:46:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
Sure, here's a photo:
Originally posted by RP model railroads - February 17 2018 :  10:07:00 PM

There's a prototype for everything:

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 22 2018 :  6:25:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
Sure, here's a photo:
Originally posted by RP model railroads - February 17 2018 :  10:07:00 PM

There's a prototype for everything:

Originally posted by scsshaggy - February 22 2018 :  10:46:37 AM

WHOA. Is that a steam locomotive with the prototypical-broken foot ladder?

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 22 2018 :  9:37:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
WHOA. Is that a steam locomotive with the prototypical-broken foot ladder?
Originally posted by RP model railroads - February 22 2018 :  6:25:22 PM

Yes, it's a 36-ton Heisler.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 22 2018 :  10:13:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Ah - interesting.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 23 2018 :  12:03:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Transaction complete! Thank you all for considering.

Previous Topic: Looking for an AHM shell for GP18 Topic Next Topic: A few pieces of Gilbert HO  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000