Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Athearn Motive Power & Rolling Stock.
 85' Boxcar Floor
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Athearn tinplate boxcar Topic Next Topic: Athearn BB F''s Pull 30 lbs of Tyco  

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - January 06 2018 :  04:07:50 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
Well, I just rescued an NYC 85' quad-door auto parts boxcar from a flea market, only to find the bottom assembled upside-down, with the weight on the outside, and the floor warped and mangled beyond all recovery. The frame and weight are fine, but I need a new floor. This is one piece I have no idea how to get. Anyone who has one, knows where to find one, or has one of these cars that's damaged that I can part out, please help!
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator 

bitlerisvj
Switcher

Posted - February 24 2018 :  5:18:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bitlerisvj to Buddylist
You might want to consider making one from scratch. The following link shows a plan for it.
http://www.hoseeker.org/qualitycraft/qualitycraft86penncentral8doorboxcarpg3.jpg
There are also instructions on how to do this in wood at that site.
Just go to this site and clickon Quality Craft.
http://www.hoseeker.org/otherhotrains7.html
Regards, Vic B.

Vic Bitleris
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 55  ~  Member Since: May 08 2013  ~  Last Visit: February 20 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Athearn tinplate boxcar Topic Next Topic: Athearn BB F''s Pull 30 lbs of Tyco  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000