Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Maintenance & Repair Shop
 Can anyone recomend a restoration guy?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Replacement brush springs? Topic Next Topic: Stumped 1 update  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 05 2017 :  10:42:12 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

My bud Jimmy really wants this restored. Of the Chatanooga piece, he is hoping to assemble one out of
the 3.5 he has on hand. That AHM CNJ blue thing is really bashed to smithereens, but Jimmy has a strong
desire to restore these pieces, regardless of cost, in memory of his cousin.

I tried to suggest that pieces like the Chatanooga could be purchased for $25 in pretty fine shape, but
he wants [i]this[i] one restored. I can sympathize, there are some pieces I'd sell a kidney to restore.

Anyone know a top shelf restoration guy? Tried AMC, but he is not answering right now.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - November 06 2017 :  11:11:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I can do it.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 06 2017 :  12:36:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Justin, he needs a front pilot, Smokebox front with headlight, draw bar, Maybe a set of valve gear. and a lot of luck.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 06 2017 :  7:52:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
It looks to have been put in a sack and used as a "Happy Jack."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - November 06 2017 :  10:52:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Looks like they been through the wringer!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 09 2017 :  2:14:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The more I think on this, Justin, this is not a good idea. These pieces
are such a mess, and if the deal goes bad my name is stuck on it.
I think I'll hand them back to Jimmy and suggest he do a web search
to find someone willing to restore this battered junk.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Replacement brush springs? Topic Next Topic: Stumped 1 update  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000