Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 What's your daily driver?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What kind of music is your favorite? Topic Next Topic: Best decade?
Page: of 4

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 15 2020 :  02:33:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Neat old Ford, Chops. That's one I'd like to bring to life! I went out to the garage last evening with no lights on and the sun was coming thru the back window. The hood and fender was extremely awesome looking in the sunlight. The posted photo does nothing for the real appearance of the color. The nicest red color available on cars in many years.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 15 2020 :  02:34:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Neat old Ford, Chops. That's one I'd like to bring to life! I went out to the garage last evening with no lights on and the sun was coming thru the back window. The hood and fender was extremely awesome looking in the sunlight. The posted photo does nothing for the real appearance of the color. The nicest red color available on cars in many years.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 15 2020 :  3:38:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice!!!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 23 2020 :  03:33:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I now have perfected the rear half of the red section of the car. For a project car like this I found it's easier to concentrate on a section at a time. Thursday will be the day it turns Race Red.. It's 3;30 AM and I am already excited to spray this section. AND I wish chops was closer because I would do that little Ford labor cost free.

Edited by - walt on July 23 2020 03:36:13 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 23 2020 :  08:00:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, Walt. Regrettably my old Ford is turning into
a money pit. At some point it gets running or I will
Pull the plug on it.

Looking forward to seeing that amazing Studebaker!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 23 2020 :  5:36:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh I should mention this but if you has a 30+ year old car you can put on a set of old original plates on it
all you gotta do is send rear plate to state & they will put on antique stickers on it
like a 1946 Chevy but you can only drive it certain miles & own a few cars
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 23 2020 :  10:30:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looking good, Walt! Can't wait to see the whole thing painted!

Chops, don't give up, that Ford is awesome! Would look great restored - the perfect model train hauler.

Busss, you're right. Here in PA, the designation is called - Antique Vehicle. Registration costs are less, as well as insurance too, I think, for an "Antique Vehicle."

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 24 2020 :  12:07:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, RP! I will be glad too. This project is taking a lot of time from my own 1979 Trans Am's final restore.
Yes, microbusss, That has been around for years or you get the old ugly "antique car" tag for nearly nothing. I chose to keep my tag that I have had on my Trans Am since 1988, A vanity tag reading "SHAKE ME"

Edited by - walt on July 24 2020 12:10:47 AM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 24 2020 :  4:33:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Love that red!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 15 2020 :  4:14:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Black & Clear on the Studebaker...

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 15 2020 :  5:18:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my last daily driver,don't drive anymore due eyes and age,my son drives it now,ken

5.60 litres of pure muscle,silent as a bird,and real comfortable,mercedes 560sel

catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around

Edited by - catfordken on August 15 2020 5:24:25 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 15 2020 :  5:20:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Cool car Ken! Beige and red always look nice together
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 15 2020 :  5:25:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
thanks loved the colour as much as the car
catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 15 2020 :  6:41:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
A couple more pics as it dries... This red is a crazy color in the sunlight! Perfect color!

Edited by - walt on August 15 2020 6:57:51 PM

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 15 2020 :  8:34:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
thanks loved the colour as much as the car

Originally posted by catfordken - August 15 2020 :  5:25:41 PM

I'm sure your son has a lot of fun driving it. I wonder what my first car will be....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 16 2020 :  7:14:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great car, Ken!

Walt, that black on red (or is it red over black) paint is awesome! I really can't wait to see what this car looks like when it is completely done.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 16 2020 :  9:45:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Below the stainless trim is black, race red in the middle, and the top is black... The car was originally all black and the owner wanted to add red. He had a really ugly red picked out, but I talked him into letting me choose the red! I already knew what red I was going to use!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 16 2020 :  10:49:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Below the stainless trim is black, race red in the middle, and the top is black... The car was originally all black and the owner wanted to add red. He had a really ugly red picked out, but I talked him into letting me choose the red! I already knew what red I was going to use!

Originally posted by walt-August 16 2020: 9:45:39 PM

Ah, got it. Can't wait to see the final result.

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 17 2020 :  04:43:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist

Here's my daily driver, an '04 Malibul LS V6. I bought this car two and a half years back with around 190K mile for well under a grand. It's only problem for being that cheap was the fuel gauge didn't work, (I found that out the hard way )
I've only had four major expenses with this car, tires, headlights, brakes, and a fuel pump. Everything but the tires my Dad and I did ourselves, and the new fuel pump fixed the fuel gauge.
I'm now only five-hundred miles out from 210,000 in this car. I don't know how much longer I have with it, as Minnesota is working to turn my car back into rust with its salty cancer. For under 3 grand it had been a very good car for me, and I'm guessing it will continue to do so for a while.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on August 17 2020 05:30:10 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 17 2020 :  9:48:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome daily driver, Aaron! Still going strong!

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 18 2020 :  07:47:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I can relate to that salty air Aaron! I'm literally 10 minutes from the beach.

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 18 2020 :  1:12:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - August 18 2020 :  07:47:16 AM

In the land of 10,000 lakes, we are pretty much freshwater. We don't have salty air, we just have freezing cold temps, snow, and ice. Driving during the winter in Minnesota eats your car from the ground up. We don't buy new cars up here because every winter their value is more or less cut in half.

(Image courtesy google)

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - August 18 2020 :  2:38:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - August 18 2020 :  07:47:16 AM

In the land of 10,000 lakes, we are pretty much freshwater. We don't have salty air, we just have freezing cold temps, snow, and ice. Driving during the winter in Minnesota eats your car from the ground up. We don't buy new cars up here because every winter their value is more or less cut in half.

(Image courtesy google)

Originally posted by A-A-RON - August 18 2020 :  1:12:01 PM

Oh, I see. My bad!

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 18 2020 :  6:20:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
It sucks, but it is what it is. I'm saving money for a better car now. I think this one still has some time left in it. I'm guessing there are three things that will kill the 'ol cat. Tranny due to high mileage , the fuel pump fuse, which has a bad terminal, or the steering joints rusting out. The engine runs really good.
Aaron Anderson

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - August 18 2020 :  11:16:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Road salt is the worst. I've always driven beaters as I like not having to stress over the constant barrage that cars face on the road here (salt and otherwise). When I got rid of my Corolla it had several spots on the body rusting away, including on the A-pillars. The spots on the pillars bubbled out eventually cracking the windshield. The final nail in the coffin was when the exhaust system rusted through.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 18 2020 :  11:37:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Years ago road salt was really harsh on cars rusing them out in no time. Newer cars a re sealed up and coated much better and now their real enemy is UV rays from the sun. I like the House Of Kolor show clear coat that has a bunch of UV protector in it... ESP on dark colored cars...

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 19 2020 :  04:41:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
Road salt is the worst. I've always driven beaters as I like not having to stress over the constant barrage that cars face on the road here (salt and otherwise). When I got rid of my Corolla it had several spots on the body rusting away, including on the A-pillars. The spots on the pillars bubbled out eventually cracking the windshield. The final nail in the coffin was when the exhaust system rusted through.

Originally posted by DaCheez - August 18 2020 :  11:16:07 PM

We had a 1991 Pontiac 6000 that had its brake lines rust out. That sealed its fate with over 348,000. Thing got 40 mpg. A friend bought it and fixed the brake lines, then the rear end rusted out within a year.

Aaron Anderson

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 19 2020 :  11:38:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
glad we don't have that problem here in the West
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - August 19 2020 :  12:55:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
quote:
glad we don't have that problem here in the West

Originally posted by microbusss - August 19 2020 :  11:38:27 AM

No cars out west don't rust, they just dry out. It's hard to find a spot in the country where vehicles last well.

Aaron Anderson

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - August 24 2020 :  09:26:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
Replaced my ugly foggy headlights with these 60’s style headlights. Ford made it super easy to replace them as it only took me two days!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 24 2020 :  1:45:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Sharp looking beastie!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 24 2020 :  9:54:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That looks sick!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 01 2020 :  12:43:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Today I went out and buffed one of the red sections of the Studebaker door. Turned out as expected, a smooth, slick, mirror like finsih. One you can actally see one of our pet ducks walking by!

Edited by - walt on October 01 2020 12:45:34 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 01 2020 :  03:21:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Hurts my eyes!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 01 2020 :  03:28:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Crazy mirror , slick shine as I expected! Crazy hot color esp in the sunlite! Can't wait to move it outdoors on the next sunny day! I can't remember any color of red, that is this nice looking, in the history of automobiles!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 01 2020 :  08:47:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 27 2020 :  05:07:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Found another sick color! This one is new for 2020. A Jeep color called, "Spitfire" orange! It's a very strong orange that doesn't appear red. I saw this one up close in the sunshine days ago! I have loved orange street rods for years and there has never been a factory color like this one!
Edited by - walt on October 27 2020 05:08:41 AM

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 11 2020 :  10:07:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
LOVE that Ranchero Jeff! Seems to have very little rust, can't say the same about all the projects in my neck of the woods. Damn salt

I have also picked up a project car, a 1995 Mercedes E320. Relatively new, but 90s cars are becoming collectible now. I've always been fascinated with the old reliable Mercedes vehicles of yesterday. So far I've done the front driveshaft, o2's, and transmission work. She runs great! Fast too, took her up to 125 on a flat stretch of pavement!

My F150 is still solid as a rock, just took her on a 2000 mile road trip to Colorado and at 224k miles she runs like new. Lovely truck.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 11 2020 :  10:08:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
quote:
Found another sick color! This one is new for 2020. A Jeep color called, "Spitfire" orange! It's a very strong orange that doesn't appear red. I saw this one up close in the sunshine days ago! I have loved orange street rods for years and there has never been a factory color like this one!

Originally posted by walt - October 27 2020 :  05:07:55 AM

Reminds me a lot of that hot wheels orange that Chevy used on their HW camaro a few years ago! Love that color!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 19 2021 :  11:28:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Well, The Studebaker will be leaving on Saturday! I was planning on putting the trim parts on before it went. However, the owner failed to get those parts all during while I was working on it. Then ask me to get them!! I'm not parts shopping and buying for a 60 Studebaker. I have other projects for this summer. My own car is one of them!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 20 2021 :  01:55:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That looks amazing, sort of like a giant saddle back shoe.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 20 2021 :  10:51:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That's so awesome! I love that paint job!!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 21 2021 :  01:28:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Chops and RP!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 29 2021 :  11:45:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is a rude Stude, Dude. Definitely one you won't have trouble finding in the parking lot. Came across this:

https://mentertained.com/21-of-the-most-ridiculous-weve-ever-seen/32/?v=4

This was daily driver, up until two months ago. An 18 year old guy jammed on the gas trying to cut me off
at a light. He won, and made it through the light. Not without taking me out first. Both of us were going
about 30 in opposite directions, for a total of 60 at impact. I got my teeth blown out, jaw broken, and
was unconscious for 20 minutes. When I woke up, I didn't know what happened, and told the cop I'd be
fine just walking it off. Then I passed out again. All this was two months ago, I am still sore and walk with a
limp.

What troubles me the most is that I never saw this guy coming. Not until the last microsecond and time
seem to stand still as I plowed into him. Usually, on a bike, one has a panoramic vision of everything coming
at you. This guy was pure abracadabra out of the gloom.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 30 2021 :  02:31:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
gonna fix it?

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 30 2021 :  11:53:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yeah, if the insurance money ever comes in.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 29 2021 :  11:15:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Going to add some real detail to my Trans Am by adding these new reproduction wheels made by the restoration company, Year One. Also have new tires, center caps and correct lug nuts...
Edited by - walt on September 30 2021 12:14:58 AM

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 30 2021 :  12:45:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Those are sharp, Walt! It's always nice to see vintage cars retaining a period correct appearance.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 30 2021 :  4:39:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Cheeze! My 79 Trans Am has very appearance detail as it did when it came from the factory! I have kept it that way for 37 years! Under the hood is a Chevy 454 bored to a 468, backed by the cars original rebuilt 4 speed! I love older cars of many kinds but favor the stock appearing ones...

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 30 2021 :  9:41:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ben needs wheels for his school bus, how about it?
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: What kind of music is your favorite? Topic Next Topic: Best decade?  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000