Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Set of the week. (SOTW)
 SOTW: Oct. 15th - Oct. 21st
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: SOTW: Oct. 22 - Oct. 28 Topic Next Topic: SOTW Oct. 8 to 14, 2017  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 15 2017 :  09:47:02 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I believe this is my very first SOTW offering, so enjoy!

An old, I believe from the 50's era, Midgetoy F unit and 2 passenger coaches that I received from a friend a few years ago, which have been restored through the use of silver paint. While this is not the complete set, it is certainly unique.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 15 2017 09:47:24 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - October 15 2017 :  10:00:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
I used to collect Midgetoy trains. They're really cool. I actually had a Mint on Card set like you have :D

Cars are easy to find. There was actually an Amtrak set as well. I'm inclined to try and find another ratty set just to repaint :D
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 15 2017 :  11:21:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Neat Danmack! Wow, they made an Amtrak set too? Have to look out for that one.

Found out the info on this incomplete specimen....it is actually from the "Santa Fe Super Chief Train Set," produced by Midgetoy in the 1960's - 1970's. Here's a webpage which describes all about this set: http://www.esnarf.com/1245k.htm

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 15 2017 :  12:49:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Midge Toys, never heard of them. Nifty. Here is a set of PC Athearn Uboats. 6533 is powered, and
I nabbed her off eBay for $4.64. The trailing U is a dummy, which someone, I forget who now,
gave me from the TF which I often used as a pusher unit. I have high hopes that this six axle
unit will be able to pull my 25 car mostly Tyco PC consist without too much trouble.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - October 18 2017 :  10:58:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Nice sets!

This is my offering. A Life Like Circus Train. I got a full set of cars, plus an extra flat with a second Cat and green tableau wagon. There are a few other cars (a white "Clyde Beatty" flat and the more common red "Life Like Shows" Caboose, that I have yet to get. I plan to add some LL coaches and stock cars as well.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 19 2017 :  12:15:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
My set this week is an English Tri-ang export set meant for Austrailia ( at least that was what I was told by my co-worker who looked them up ). Got them for $2 apiece at a train show, missing the Observation car, and it had a double-ended diesel like a Lil Joe to pull it. Pretty neat set! Wish I'd gotten the whole thing, but for the price, hard to turn down.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 19 2017 :  11:25:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
My set this week is an English Tri-ang export set meant for Austrailia ( at least that was what I was told by my co-worker who looked them up ). Got them for $2 apiece at a train show, missing the Observation car, and it had a double-ended diesel like a Lil Joe to pull it. Pretty neat set! Wish I'd gotten the whole thing, but for the price, hard to turn down.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - October 19 2017 :  12:15:20 AM

actually I think the double ended diesel was a E7 or similar
Was unique to Australia only
http://www.hornbyguide.com/article_details.asp?articleid=4
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 19 2017 :  11:26:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I believe this is my very first SOTW offering, so enjoy!

An old, I believe from the 50's era, Midgetoy F unit and 2 passenger coaches that I received from a friend a few years ago, which have been restored through the use of silver paint. While this is not the complete set, it is certainly unique.

Originally posted by RP model railroads - October 15 2017 :  09:47:02 AM

I looking for those as well
I only have 2 diesel switchers!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 19 2017 :  8:20:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
One of my Pennsylvania Railroad passenger sets.
frank

Click to enlarge.

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on October 19 2017 8:20:56 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - October 19 2017 :  9:33:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Nice sets! Is that an Athearn baggage or Penn Line with the LL/PL coaches?
Edited by - DanMacK on October 19 2017 9:34:58 PM

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - October 19 2017 :  10:13:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Soo Set...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 20 2017 :  06:13:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Nice sets! Is that an Athearn baggage or Penn Line with the LL/PL coaches?

Originally posted by DanMacK - October 19 2017 :  9:33:28 PM

Dan, your right. A combination of Penn-line and life Like make up this set. Both companies put similar paint schemes on their Pennsy cars that matched really well.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: SOTW: Oct. 22 - Oct. 28 Topic Next Topic: SOTW Oct. 8 to 14, 2017  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000