Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Car of the Week (COTW)
 COTW - June 18 to June 24, 2017
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: COTW June 27 to July 1, 2017 Topic Next Topic: COTW - June 11 to June 17, 2017  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 18 2017 :  7:05:40 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I was almost in a pickle, deciding what car to post, but in Heinz-sight, this one is the latest to arrive to me, so I'll relish posting it today. I think this will go good with my Oscar Mayer car and the Weiner semi-truck. Hot dog!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 18 2017 :  11:45:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
2 Mid-Atlantic Pipe Co cars!

note the graphics are different on each car
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - June 19 2017 :  10:35:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
My COTW share this week is a MDC Roundhouse diecast caboose...

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - June 19 2017 :  8:45:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PGE33
Hudson

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - June 19 2017 :  10:03:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PGE33 to Buddylist
quote:
I was almost in a pickle, deciding what car to post, but in Heinz-sight, this one is the latest to arrive to me, so I'll relish posting it today. I think this will go good with my Oscar Mayer car and the Weiner semi-truck. Hot dog!

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - June 18 2017 :  7:05:40 PM

You, Sir, are a card, and should be dealt with.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 505  ~  Member Since: August 09 2014  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - June 20 2017 :  3:19:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
My COTW is this Tyco hopper car:

Nothing rare about it. There were loads of these made, but they illustrate an idea. When I was starting in model railroading, the "toy" equipment and the "hobby" equipment were not poles apart. Brands like Tyco, AHM and Bachmann sold train sets to the toy market. Brands like Athearn and Roundhouse sold equipment for grown up hobbyists.

This car came in a train set back in 1971. It had plastic wheels and truck mounted couplers. As I migrated away from a toy-like layout toward the Athearn/Roundhouse world, it was not hard to stick metal wheelsets and body-mounted Kadees on cars like this and, with a little paint and weathering, have something that can credibly stand alongside the "serious" brands.

This gradual, low cost, low commitment drift from toy to hobby was my path into model railroading. I don't think that a person trying to get from cheap train set to adult hobby has as smooth a path with so few train sets around and the higher bar created by the upscale equipment available today. I was lucky to come along when I did.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - June 20 2017 :  7:20:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
That car does look nice and dirty like it's had some use.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - June 21 2017 :  12:35:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Nice grouping so far!

This is my find of the day. Found it in a thrift store crammed with a bunch of toy trucks and stuff in a bag for $2.99. I paid $2.99, took out the caboose and donated the rest right back!

I searched in vain for the locomotive, lol.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 21 2017 :  07:47:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Another reefer of an older style. Branchline Lond O' Lakes.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - June 21 2017 :  09:17:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
I have a few of those branchline reefers going under paint fo my home road, they are simply beautiful cars.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 21 2017 :  11:22:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Nice grouping so far!

This is my find of the day. Found it in a thrift store crammed with a bunch of toy trucks and stuff in a bag for $2.99. I paid $2.99, took out the caboose and donated the rest right back!

I searched in vain for the locomotive, lol.

Originally posted by DanMacK - June 21 2017 :  12:35:50 AM

I prolly would of wanted the toy trucks
Course that caboose is the other Holy Grail of cabooses
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Helm
Little Six

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - June 21 2017 :  3:47:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Helm to Buddylist
That "Silver Streak" is sweet find! Silver Streak was a chrome plated engine & caboose. Must be some kind of prototype caboose?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 138  ~  Member Since: October 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 21 2017 :  7:04:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
That "Silver Streak" is sweet find! Silver Streak was a chrome plated engine & caboose. Must be some kind of prototype caboose?

Originally posted by Helm - June 21 2017 :  3:47:52 PM

yes it is
its based on a PRR type of caboose but the cupola is moved off center

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - June 22 2017 :  01:56:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
It's not a prototype but it is rare. It and an F7 were made for the Canadian Market only, and for a limited number of years.

My first set was the "other" Silver Streak you speak of, and I have that Loco and caboose as well ;)
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 24 2017 :  11:24:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Really neato caboose, Dan. I love the way "new" Tyco keeps
popping up. Almost would seem infinite in the varieties and
gradients.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - June 25 2017 :  01:13:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Definitely! I saw it on Brian's site actually, and almost had a Loco/caboose set, but the guy sold it before I could get it. The loco is pretty scarce, a Canada-Only run as far as I know.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 25 2017 :  10:29:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Huh, wonder how that marketing decision came to pass...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: COTW June 27 to July 1, 2017 Topic Next Topic: COTW - June 11 to June 17, 2017  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000