Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 * FLEISCHMANN 0-6-0t #1320, 80-1952.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Sutton Hoo Topic Next Topic: IHC Mehano F Class  

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 05 2017 :  09:15:38 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This is a very old Fleischmann steam locomotive. I got at Timonium Maryland yesterday.
It isn't the beautiful crisp detailing common to the Fleischmann name. It came from a time after WW2 when Germany was just split apart. I have some older Fleishmann that were labeled " Made in the American Zone of West Germany. This loco is newer. I don't know when first this label was used, or when it ended. The logo " Made in Western Germany" is on it. I have other trains labeled this way also.

* Now another question in need of answering is the white stamp on the bottom. It is 13/7. I think maybe it is July 13th. If this is so no year is mentioned. Maybe there will be one inside when I open it up.

* I am hoping our members know more about this locomotive.
** This is Fleischmann 1320.

frank

A close up to see the numbering on its side.

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on February 05 2017 09:57:53 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - February 05 2017 :  11:20:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
I believe you are right on the sate since Europe's Calendar is not the same as ours in US

Also at one point Precision Instruments sold Fleisnmann products Had a set I sold last year
I picked up at a Tag Sale

The first time I saw a Security Guard at it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

masterspye
Switcher

Posted - December 03 2017 :  6:27:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add masterspye to Buddylist
quote:
* HI I am in Aus and have recently aquired my late fathers model railway items, including this very loco, my research on internet say that this is a rare model can you tell me if you think it is also? I am just a beginner at model railways. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Jenney-Lee

This is a very old Fleischmann steam locomotive. I got at Timonium Maryland yesterday.
It isn't the beautiful crisp detailing common to the Fleischmann name. It came from a time after WW2 when Germany was just split apart. I have some older Fleishmann that were labeled " Made in the American Zone of West Germany. This loco is newer. I don't know when first this label was used, or when it ended. The logo " Made in Western Germany" is on it. I have other trains labeled this way also.

* Now another question in need of answering is the white stamp on the bottom. It is 13/7. I think maybe it is July 13th. If this is so no year is mentioned. Maybe there will be one inside when I open it up.

* I am hoping our members know more about this locomotive.
** This is Fleischmann 1320.

frank

A close up to see the numbering on its side.

Originally posted by toptrain - February 05 2017 :  09:15:38 AM

Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 8  ~  Member Since: December 03 2017  ~  Last Visit: December 26 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

masterspye
Switcher

Posted - December 03 2017 :  7:12:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add masterspye to Buddylist

* HI I am in Aus and have recently aquired my late fathers model railway items, including this very loco, my research on internet say that this is a rare model can you tell me if you think it is also? I am just a beginner at model railways. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Jenney-Lee
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 8  ~  Member Since: December 03 2017  ~  Last Visit: December 26 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 04 2017 :  09:55:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hi Masterspye Jenny-Lee. I haven't seen you handle yet so "Welcome to the Tyco forum!
Now about playing with trains . You must have seen your Dad running his trains. Did you notice that this small 0-6-0t tank-engine is a heavy steam engine, and has no trouble pulling a 6 to 8 car train? It is a very useful locomotive to have in your collection. Just keep it clean and lubricated (moving parts oiled). As to its history, I have seen it as a child in a local hobby store. That would be around and before 1957. When you find the bottom labeled "Made in the American zone of Western Germany" That is post WW2. Not a lot of HO trains were made before then.
I like the way mine runs, It is a little noisy because it has so much weight on the driving wheels, but runs beautifully. There is a gentleman named Erick here in this forum also from Austria. A very knowledgeable modeler. He has helped me many times.

I hope I helped ?
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 04 2017 10:03:38 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

masterspye
Switcher

Posted - December 07 2017 :  01:40:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add masterspye to Buddylist
Hi Frank

Yes it is quite addictive and very enjoyable. I was lucky enough to be able to look after my father for the last 4 years of his life and we built his final if small layout together. He was a pom so we made a small a english layout. Yes, I understand your comments about its weight and how it moves around the track, my father would make me hold the locos and understand the importance of weight ect. He's love was Fleischmann, but as with many others he has a large collection including all of the others Triang, Hornby, Airfix Kato, Wrenn etc. Even though he showed me a lot about the collection, I am far from knowing much. It was while investigating the Fleischmann 1320/80 that I found this forum. Another forum Model Train Forum indicated that the item was rare. I have attached the web page for your review. Hope to be on the forum asking many more questions and learning as i go, Thank you for your advice.

http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15023&st=0&gopid=590154#entry590154

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - December 12 2017 :  11:54:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
Hi Frank!

found this, sorry german only! But Google translate works well! ;-) ,
but a "Schleifer" is not a grinder, its a slide (for electrical pickup) in this case!

http://www.sammlertreff.de/katalog/fleischmann/1320.htm

Erich

Edited by - Erich on December 12 2017 12:09:42 PM
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 13 2017 :  10:50:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Very interesting conversation, I have always admired Fleischmann,
albeit at a distance- one has to stop somewhere... But Erich,
what do you know of Electrotren? I have taken a strong
interest in this line, lately.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - December 14 2017 :  05:30:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
quote:
Very interesting conversation, I have always admired Fleischmann,
albeit at a distance- one has to stop somewhere... But Erich,
what do you know of Electrotren? I have taken a strong
interest in this line, lately.

Originally posted by Chops124 - December 13 2017 :  10:50:31 AM

Electrotren is a spanish manufactor. Mostly spanish models and some german , french and italian!
https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/shop/brands/electrotren-h0-1-87.html

Erich
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - December 14 2017 :  05:37:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
Frank!

Edited by - Erich on December 14 2017 05:38:58 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 14 2017 :  07:28:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Frank!

Originally posted by Erich - December 14 2017 :  05:37:00 AM

Erich, are you sure that on a dark night they come out of holes in the ground and hop all over the place. Bonning, Bonning, Bonning, Bonning, Bonning.

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - December 14 2017 :  08:19:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
Frank from my point of view its this one: 1320-5 (1957/62) as 1320-4, but with a smaller engine, plastic cylinder, large crosshead, combination lever not cranked. Chassis changed with raised lettering "Fleischmann" and "Western Germany". Euro 50,--

Erich

Erich, That does it for info on that loco. It is the most I have seen. Ever an average value.
frank

Edited by - toptrain on December 14 2017 08:58:58 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 17 2017 :  06:40:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* This is my other Fleischmann 0-6-0t 80-005. It is a little beat up. I really dont know anything about it as to Fleischmann catalog number.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 17 2017 06:42:58 AM

masterspye
Switcher

Posted - December 21 2017 :  12:25:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add masterspye to Buddylist
Hi Trying to follow the topic, you all bounce around a bit though . Who knew they had kangaroos in Austria as well as in Australia. So what I can gather our little loco Fleischman 1320/80 is not rare at all, what a pity dad would have loved that. I also have the other Fleischmann Frank has put up in a post the 12/419 Running Number 80005, but mine might be in a bit better condition. Anyway, good to know. Thanks Jenney-Lee

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 21 2017 :  12:57:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That your Fleischman was your father's makes it invaluable. (Honestly, when you described
the rest of his collection I was practically drooling). My first
train set was a Wrenn- I think.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

masterspye
Switcher

Posted - December 21 2017 :  02:39:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add masterspye to Buddylist
Hi Erich, I finally got through to reading the translated web page you gave, it makes it slightly clearer. I may come back with more questions but thank you Erich, it broke down the versions beautifully and really helped. Kind regards Jenney-Lee

masterspye
Switcher

Posted - December 21 2017 :  02:45:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add masterspye to Buddylist
Hi Chops 1234 wow, I know what you mean, I am very lucky, mostly for the time we got to spend together, Im no baby, and being a 55year old girl with her 80 year old dad working on trains can be quite interesting however, we enjoyed each others time and I got to learn a lot. No kids to pass it onto, and the neices and nephews dont even want to know, so its just me until I either sell or give away. Crazy world.

masterspye
Switcher

Posted - December 21 2017 :  02:47:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add masterspye to Buddylist
I am having so much difficulty trying to add a photo, yes I have read the FAQ and tried over and over but still nothing, I want to explain with pictures the questions I want to ask but I canne do it. Any suggestions. JLP

masterspye
Switcher

Posted - December 21 2017 :  02:50:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add masterspye to Buddylist
Toptrain are you still with us on this forum. yep I'm here also, just not always.
frank

Edited by - toptrain on December 21 2017 6:29:37 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 21 2017 :  6:50:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Masterspye, click on the upper left corner of the Tyco Home Page,
on the PM mailbox. I sent you an memo.

I'm getting on right there with you, MS, no spring chicken, but
I love my Tyco. And my Wrenn, Hornby, and Electrotren. Makes
me feel 11 again. Eleven was a good year: all I had to worry about
was Tyco, Tyco, and not falling of my bike. And Tyco.

Edited by - Chops124 on December 21 2017 6:53:29 PM

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - December 22 2017 :  04:58:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
quote:
* This is my other Fleischmann 0-6-0t 80-005. It is a little beat up. I really dont know anything about it as to Fleischmann catalog number.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - December 17 2017 :  06:40:55 AM

Previous Topic: Sutton Hoo Topic Next Topic: IHC Mehano F Class  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000