Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Health issues - haven't posted much lately
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Railroad patches Topic Next Topic: Tyco bridge and trestle set  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 12 2016 :  10:43:02 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I've been offline pretty much the last month, my health has had some serious issues spring up, I got my first ambulance ride over a week ago. Diagnoses with Hyperglycemia ( Type 2 Dieabetes ), my blood sugar was sky-high, I had also had food poisoning the week prior, so it was a couple of whammies I got hit with At any rate, I am now on medication, my blood sugar just got down into the 100's this morning, so the new meds are taking effect I think. TOTAL eating lifestyle change - no sodas, cookies, chips, candy, etc. It's basically giving up the junk food cold turkey At any rate, due to my sudden healthier eating habits, my weight has fallen, too, I finally got below 200 for the first time in 30 years last week, now I hit 187 this morning. If this keeps up, I might still be able to learn to fly those Ultralight aircraft I've been dreaming of. But being over 200 lbs, it's hard to get a legal UL to lift someone that heavy. I hit 292 lbs back in 2005, and swore to change that, I gave up all sodas for years, I lost 10 lbs per year, got down to the 210 range until this health issue came up. So with the new healthy eating I'm going to have to do, hopefully my weight loss will become permanent.
Really haven't done much with trains much due to my feeling ill, plus Ive had two Counties on me to clean up separate properties, so I've got that going on at the same time I shall prevail, though. Step at a time.
Just thought I'd give everyone a ping to let ya know what's going on. Hopefully my caboose won't be dragging much longer.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - November 12 2016 :  11:12:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Dang, was hoping you were on the way out so we could claim your stuff.

I kid, I kid. :P It's good to hear from you. Sucks about the diabetes and having to give up so many delicious things, but glad to hear you're doing better.

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Retired Alex
Big Six

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - November 12 2016 :  2:40:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Retired Alex to Buddylist
Living with diabetes isn't all that hard. I have been diabetic since 1972 and have been on the needle since 1987. I am currently on 5 needles a day. Morning and night doses are long acting insulin to establish a base line and then a dose of fast acting insulin whenever I eat. Some days I may take 4 injections total other days I may take 6 injections total.
When it comes to treats, the one thing to remember is "everything in moderation".
Keep a close eye on your feet. Diabetes leads to poor circulation and foot problems. I have had 5 operations between 2007 and 2011 and have lost all my toes due to circulation problems. I still manage to get around, do a lot of camping (we had 56 nights out in the trailer this year), not too much hiking anymore though.
Don't let it get you down.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 265  ~  Member Since: March 07 2014  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PGE33
Hudson

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - November 12 2016 :  8:42:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PGE33 to Buddylist
Thanks for putting things in perspective.
I was worried about my weight gain after quitting smoking.
I can't recall the exact day. Let's call it a year now.
My weight went from 175-180 to 210 in 6 months.
I should consider myself lucky, and go get a check-up.
Stay well, all of you.
Evan
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 505  ~  Member Since: August 09 2014  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 14 2016 :  08:01:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks for putting things in perspective.
I was worried about my weight gain after quitting smoking.

I should consider myself lucky, and go get a check-up.

Evan

Originally posted by PGE33 - November 12 2016 :  8:42:48 PM

While never a smoker, I know Nicotene is a metabolism accellerator, so when you go off them, your body doesn't have that kick anymore from Nic. Weight gain is a common problem with quitters. All you can do is increase your exercise and change your eating habits to compensate.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - November 15 2016 :  11:44:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
Glad to hear you are doing better Jerry.
If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 14 2016 :  10:47:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
How are you doing?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 19 2022 :  2:06:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Hope you come back Jerry. If you or others have arthritis issues this may help.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/b20I/enbrel-in-for-whats-next

And also has some model train ideas in the beginning of the commercial.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Railroad patches Topic Next Topic: Tyco bridge and trestle set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000